Forum Moderator Needed - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Do you think that Mens Clay Court should become a moderator?

Yes 18 40.91%
No 26 59.09%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 01:46 AM   #46
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Forum Moderator Needed

Actually, it's a shame we don't have a forum mod right now, this POS thread would have been deleted by now. What irony.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2009, 01:58 AM   #47
country flag 10K Futures Qualifier
Athletic DNA

10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute

Wow the poll is switched. Yes, do you see Fee, this is still open. It should have been deleted. Also, does the more moderators slow up a board? If it doesn't then there is no hard for me becoming one. A thread like the David Cup tickets for sale is still open. You could argue both ways, but maybe a moderator is needed.
10K Futures Qualifier is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-29-2009, 02:02 AM   #48
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mens Clay Court View Post
Wow the poll is switched. Yes, do you see Fee, this is still open. It should have been deleted. Also, does the more moderators slow up a board? If it doesn't then there is no hard for me becoming one. A thread like the David Cup tickets for sale is still open. You could argue both ways, but maybe a moderator is needed.
So what if the Daivs Cup tickets thread is still open? There are a lot of threads still open. A moderator is not needed in this forum, the Super Mods take care of the minor problems here just fine. If the time ever comes that we need a moderator here, Deb gets my vote.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Old 03-29-2009, 02:30 AM   #49
Athletic DNA

10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee View Post
So what if the Daivs Cup tickets thread is still open? There are a lot of threads still open. A moderator is not needed in this forum, the Super Mods take care of the minor problems here just fine. If the time ever comes that we need a moderator here, Deb gets my vote.
Yeah, but even little threads closed makes the forum run just a little bit' faster. And Fee, I though we were tight, you aren't my B.F.F. anymore?
Old 03-29-2009, 02:52 AM   #50
country flag Fee

Quote:
Yeah, but even little threads closed makes the forum run just a little bit' faster. And Fee, I though we were tight, you aren't my B.F.F. anymore?
You are kidding right?

Old 03-29-2009, 03:17 AM   #51
Athletic DNA

Quote:
You are kidding right?
No, I thought me and you were like best friends
Old 03-29-2009, 03:18 AM   #52
Athletic DNA

Here is a copy of my P.M. to the Administrators...

Dear Administrators,

Will you please close the following threads in the Team U.S.A. Section? Here I have listed the name of the thread, the link, and why I think it should be closed.

2 Davis Cup Tickets Available - Low Price, Lower Level, Center of the Court - here - The event for which the person that is selling the tickets for has passed.

Team USA blurb - here. - It seems like no action has been taken on this, even though it was a good idea. So if you plan to keep the same 'blurb' then the thread should be closed.

Todd Paul - here. There is another thread for Todd Paul that has more posts.

2008 USTA Boy's National Tennis Championships - here. This thread should have been move to the juniors area, but it has already been played so it can be closed for sure.

Help! - here. This article has already been written, so Kai does not need anyone help writing it anymore.

Who will have best run on Clay? - here. Last years clay season has already happened, so we don't need this thread.

How many Young American will come out next year - here. 2007 is long gone!

Why are we running away from clay? - here. The 2008 clay court season is over.

Who is this player? Need your help. - here. The question has already been answered.

Where are the American Men playing? Updated Wed.14 - here. Looks like the thread die, please delete it and I will start one.

Donald Young- the future of American tennis - here. The is already a thread for Donald Young with more posts in it.

the future of usa tennis ? - here. Looks like this belongs in G.M., and the question it seems has already been answered, it seems that they agreed on Young.

Roddick - here. This needs to either be deleted, or moves to Andy's forum.

The Future Of Tennis - here. This thread got off topic, had no point, and is old.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! - here. This belonged in Alex's forum, and his birthday has passed.

Looking for web tennis player adress - here. Looks like Fee answered the question, please lock it or delete it.

And I'm proud to be an American.... - here. Looks like discussion for that year is over.

Kooyong: three grand slam champions to play - here. That tournament is long gone.

James Blake Cheering thread!!! - here. This should be deleted, or moved to James' forum.

Robbie Ginepri Minnie Driver's His Way To Many Titles!! - here. This should be deleted, or moved to Robby's forum.

Welcome to Africa in Morocco for playing Tennis and Surfing :... - here. This is spam.

The Andy Roddick Cheering Thread! - here. This should be delete, or moved to Andy's forum.

for fans of Michael Chang...C/P - here. There is already a Change thread with more posts.

The American Scud cheering thread! - here. This should be either deleted, or moved to Taylor's forum.

Mardy Fish Article - here. This should be deleted, or moved to Mardy's forum.

Is the name of this forum for real? - here. Looks like nothing is going to happen here.

Double sighting - here. Looks like that rubber is over.

Okay, please delete or move those. If any of them are not moved, please P.M. me with the reason. This took me quite a while, so please do not just ignore this.

Greg
Old 03-29-2009, 05:08 AM   #53
country flag Fee

Quote:
No, I thought me and you were like best friends
No, and I have no idea why you would think that (if you are being serious, which I doubt).

Everything that you have asked for in your PM is completely unnecessary. No one cares about dead threads, and they don't slow the forum down. I am really beginning to wonder if you want to be a mod here so you can put it on a homemade business card and pass it out to your friends or something.

Old 03-29-2009, 05:22 AM   #54
Athletic DNA

What about duplicate threads?
Old 03-29-2009, 05:26 AM   #55
country flag Fee

That only matters if they are both on the first page.

Old 03-29-2009, 05:29 AM   #56
Athletic DNA

Like the Todd Paul one?
Old 03-29-2009, 09:37 AM   #57
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Carlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Everything that you have asked for in your PM is completely unnecessary. No one cares about dead threads, and they don't slow the forum down.
My thoughts exactly. In some forums there are 100's of threads and no one seems to care about them. Besides, what's the difference between closing them and not using them? They would still be here.... only with a lock on them. Every player forum has dead threads, it happens, they just flow to the back pages of the forum, which is fine.
Carlita is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-29-2009, 09:39 AM   #58
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Carlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Like the Todd Paul one?
Those 2 I merged.
Carlita is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-29-2009, 10:30 AM   #59
country flag SloKid
In hiding.

SloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond repute

My 2 cents:
1. If we go by the poll results alone, you don't have anywhere near the support needed, on the contrary. Anyway that is not how moderators are chosen, yes, there have been polls in the past, but it was not done by a single poster nominating themselves and starting a poll with them as only option.
2. With your recent PM on which threads need to be closed, you've clearly shown you don't know how this forum functions, therefore demonstrating you don't have what it takes to be a mod. Btw. if threads are closed or not has no real effect on the servers.
3. Having your friend here insult people opposing your proposal isn't helping either. In general this thread has turned ugly and therefore I'm closing it and with it this whole issue.
SloKid is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread