Clay Season 2009 - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-18-2009, 11:33 AM   #31
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Clay Season 2009

He draws Canas who plays poorly since the start of the year except in Houston last week but Arno will surely find a way to be crushed by him If he manages to win he would face Davydenko so it should be short week again

I don't know if had a french speaker with a good ranking for doubles . The double draw is later

Edit : Double draw is out and the cut was 70# advanced and 60# on site too high for Arnaud and all the others frenchies in Barcelona He was no more able to enter the 1000 now the 500 and probably soon the 250

Last edited by soulage : 04-18-2009 at 05:56 PM.
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2009, 09:40 PM   #32
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

I think I missed something and this might be a very stupid question if so, but why doesn't he play with Mika anymore?
Old 04-20-2009, 05:46 PM   #33
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Well at the beginning of the year Micka wanted to focus on his single career after that Micka had to play with the new musketeers, especially Jo & Richard, to improve for next DC ties but anyway for the moment Micka is injured. No news about next weeks and Arno's partner in RG if he finds one of course .

Against Canas tomorow around noon on court 3, the odds on bet website are very bad lol
Old 04-21-2009, 12:11 AM   #34
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
Well at the beginning of the year Micka wanted to focus on his single career after that Micka had to play with the new musketeers, especially Jo & Richard, to improve for next DC ties but anyway for the moment Micka is injured. No news about next weeks and Arno's partner in RG if he finds one of course .

Against Canas tomorow around noon on court 3, the odds on bet website are very bad lol
good question and thanks soulage for clarifying for us!

i'm not surprised no one wants to bet on arno! canas will feel alive again.
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:40 PM   #35
country flag soulage

Canas is really poor . Arnaud won 7-6(0)/6-3
I came back from my lunch time at the beginning of the first set tie-break. Canas should have played very poorly cos lost a tie break by love on clay against Arno .
In second set Arno was up 5-1* missing a MP on Canas's serve to be broken the game after but he managed to conclude on Canas serve.

It was tough to conclude that match and against Davydenko you can't miss these opportunities. Good stats of first serve today but bad stats on points winning on second serve. At least Arno won a match on clay even if his opponent was poor.

Good luck for tomorrow
Old 04-21-2009, 01:49 PM   #36
country flag higherlaw

higherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It was tough to conclude that match and against Davydenko you can't miss these opportunities. Good stats of first serve today but bad stats on points winning on second serve. At least Arno won a match on clay even if his opponent was poor.

Good luck for tomorrow
You're right!

I thought he could win vs Canas, but I think his chances to win vs Davydenko are not so good. But, he has surprised us before.

Soulage, thanks for all your posts keeping us updated !!
higherlaw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 05:51 PM   #37
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Thanks so much for answering I didn't hear about that and they played together in Rotterdam, so I didn't know.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:56 PM   #38
country flag Kezzi

Quote:
Canas is really poor . Arnaud won 7-6(0)/6-3
I came back from my lunch time at the beginning of the first set tie-break. Canas should have played very poorly cos lost a tie break by love on clay against Arno .
In second set Arno was up 5-1* missing a MP on Canas's serve to be broken the game after but he managed to conclude on Canas serve.

Good luck for tomorrow
Thanks for the report!
I'm so happy with the nice people here keeping me up to date, because I'm so busy at school that I don't get round to checking tennis as often as I like
(I did have live scores during class last week, Nico Lapentti - Nadal, I couldn't resist that Unfortunately he lost, but I was proud of myself that I managed to keep my comments in during class )

Good luck tomorrow
Old 04-21-2009, 07:56 PM   #39
country flag soulage

He plays early tomorrow at 10.30 am. He won't be be totally wake up I only found one pic from today on official website and another one on belga picture

Old 04-21-2009, 09:17 PM   #40
country flag Kezzi

He shouldn't complain, my first class ends at that time (and I have to get up at 5:45 to be there in time!)
Old 04-22-2009, 12:25 AM   #41
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

poor canas, it cannot be a proud moment to lose to arno on clay! lol

higherlaw, you are needed here to boost our confidence
Old 04-22-2009, 11:17 AM   #42
country flag Via

i was very happy to see the first set going to a tie-break...... but having missed the scoreboard after that, i'm sorry to find the final score 76(2) 62
Old 04-22-2009, 11:21 AM   #43
country flag soulage

Near two hours to lose 6-7(2)/2-6

I only followed the first set which lasted 1h05. Arnaud was in trouble in his two first service game saving 5 BP and even if he went sometimes until the ad on Davydenko's serve he didnt't have BP in that set. He fell down in the tie-break with of course his traditionnal DF . According the stats of second set he missed 2 BP and was broken two times. He had tried but Davydenko is just better indeed. Not enough first serve today but it wouldn' have changed the match since he won 55% on first serve against 59% on second serve .

A new defeat against a guy with a really better ranking than him. He's not ridiculous & fights well but against that guys he can't win . The field of Rome qualies is really impressive even win one match will be a big challenge for little Arno. It confirms that he entered Bordeaux but there the field is also very good better than last year. I only hope that this win and his good fight today will help him and boost him. It was his first win on clay in atp tournament no challenger i mean since 2007

There was a little article about canas match in lequipe today i will try a translation later when i will find how to translate some words.

Last edited by soulage : 04-22-2009 at 03:55 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:25 PM   #44
country flag soulage

My translation

The journalist writes that yesterday his serve was very performant, his shots deep and he was very agressive. Arno said that the ball of Canas didn't annoy him. He adds that he did a good week of train after a very bad match in MC .

He said that indeed he was very happy with his strings test. He used a mixt one, synthetic on the ascending cords and natural gut on the crossing ones. It gives more control and he can hit the ball with more confidence. About Davydenko he said that he would have moved better than Willy and so he would see. We have seen.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:10 AM   #45
country flag Via

thanks

so Rome qualies coming up, or Bordeaux next week?