Grass Season Thread 2009 - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-19-2009, 11:44 PM   #61
country flag simplet

simplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grass Season Thread 2009

That's a pretty bad draw... I'm not worried about Verdasco, but Karlovic is a pain in the a**, and he got the worst quarterfinal opponent. I honestly think he can beat anyone in the draw, even Nadal, except for Federer .Plus he gains nothing from Nadal retirement with that draw. If Rafa had to withdraw, it could at least have opened the draw a little for my favs...
simplet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2009, 12:07 AM   #62
country flag oranges

oranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond repute

I have to ask what is with the Karlovic hype? Anyone remembers when he beat any top 50 player the last time in a best of five match? Is there any other than the famous Hewitt win years ago? It will be a small miracle if makes it that far. Lots of more challenging opponents he could have drawn
oranges is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 12:12 AM   #63
country flag simplet

simplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oranges View Post
I have to ask what is with the Karlovic hype? Anyone remembers when he beat any top 50 player the last time in a best of five match? Is there any other than the famous Hewitt win years ago? It will be a small miracle if makes it that far. Lots of more challenging opponents he could have drawn
It's not really "hype", it's just that the guy is so annoying. He can lose to anybody, but if he has a good serving day it might be impossible to win for anyone, especially on grass. Of course the best of five format puts him at a disadvantage in slams, but that doesn't change the fact that if he gets to the third round, we'll have a boring, nerve-wracking, tie-break filled crap of a match.

Also I don't think the return of serve is Jo's strong suit...
simplet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 12:24 AM   #64
country flag oranges

oranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplet View Post
It's not really "hype", it's just that the guy is so annoying. He can lose to anybody, but if he has a good serving day it might be impossible to win for anyone, especially on grass. Of course the best of five format puts him at a disadvantage in slams, but that doesn't change the fact that if he gets to the third round, we'll have a boring, nerve-wracking, tie-break filled crap of a match.

Also I don't think the return of serve is Jo's strong suit...
That really applies only to the best of three matches. There's a reason he sucks in GS (or DC for that matter), you can't sustain that level of serving throughout five sets (and his second serve is probably nowhere near top 20 on tour), among other things. The years of falling in first rounds to the likes of Stadtler in Wimbledon have added the psychological burden. He's no real threat. Besides, Jo's much better than him in TBs
oranges is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 12:39 PM   #65
country flag Dragon89

Dragon89 has a reputation beyond reputeDragon89 has a reputation beyond reputeDragon89 has a reputation beyond reputeDragon89 has a reputation beyond reputeDragon89 has a reputation beyond reputeDragon89 has a reputation beyond reputeDragon89 has a reputation beyond reputeDragon89 has a reputation beyond reputeDragon89 has a reputation beyond reputeDragon89 has a reputation beyond reputeDragon89 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oranges View Post
That really applies only to the best of three matches. There's a reason he sucks in GS (or DC for that matter), you can't sustain that level of serving throughout five sets (and his second serve is probably nowhere near top 20 on tour), among other things. The years of falling in first rounds to the likes of Stadtler in Wimbledon have added the psychological burden. He's no real threat. Besides, Jo's much better than him in TBs
And Jo had already bet him in Surbiton final-2007 in 2 sets
Dragon89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 03:35 PM   #66
country flag greenhopper

greenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tufani View Post
Who knows the result of today's match against Davydenko? If there is one, of course. The official website of the event is a bit uninformative imo.

Quote:
Wimbledon’s ninth seed was knocked out of the Boodles Challenge tennis tournament yesterday by Russian Nicolay Davydenko, who will now play in tomorrow's final.

Spectators were treated to two sets of fantastic tennis with both players testing each other to the extreme on the grass. With the match tied at one set all, the players fought it out in a championship tie-breaker eventually ending in 11-9.

Nikolay Davdydenko said: "I am surprised. It was a very hard match; especially the tie-break but I played some good shots. It makes me more confident for next week by playing here at Boodles and I’m really enjoying myself."
http://tinyurl.com/ndz8jp

I don't post here a lot (or ever ), but really appreciate the updates from everyone.

Last edited by greenhopper : 06-20-2009 at 03:43 PM.
greenhopper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 05:47 AM   #67
country flag minahsushi

minahsushi has a reputation beyond reputeminahsushi has a reputation beyond reputeminahsushi has a reputation beyond reputeminahsushi has a reputation beyond reputeminahsushi has a reputation beyond reputeminahsushi has a reputation beyond reputeminahsushi has a reputation beyond reputeminahsushi has a reputation beyond reputeminahsushi has a reputation beyond reputeminahsushi has a reputation beyond reputeminahsushi has a reputation beyond repute

good luck jo. i really hope he does well.
minahsushi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 03:37 PM   #68
country flag SelvenluvJo
Jo,Dimi,Rica,Ryan

SelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond repute

good luck my jojo
Old 06-21-2009, 08:24 PM   #69
country flag Naina

Naina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck JO
He is second on Court 2 tomorrow.
Naina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 08:34 PM   #70
country flag reggie1

reggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Jo, can't wait to watch you!
reggie1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 09:27 PM   #71
country flag Keijan

Keijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond repute

Court 2... the graveyard of the seeds right ?

But if anyone can break the curse it's Jo
Keijan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 09:34 PM   #72
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute

Ah but it's a new Court 2, the old Court 2 is the new Court 3

Allez Jo! My favourite player in the bottom half of the draw

Gillou ~~~~~ & ~~~~~ Andy
MsTree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:22 AM   #73
country flag Turquoise

Turquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Jo! Just play freely, enjoy the atmosphere and take each match as it comes.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:44 PM   #74
country flag reggie1

reggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond repute

Jo looks to be playing very solidly, his shots seem very fluid imo. He has a new beard too!
reggie1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 02:51 PM   #75
country flag Naina

Naina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond repute

Jo lost the second 57 please focus in this set.
Naina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote