Clay Season Thread 2009 - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-29-2009, 02:48 PM   #61
country flag reggie1

reggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Clay Season Thread 2009

I didn't know whether to post this or not (I did mention it on Richard's boards but none of the others heard it but they were watching on livestreams I think) but the crowd were terrible from what I could see. I was watching on Sky tv and some of the crowd were whistling and making ape noises when Jo was about to serve. He actually turned to the crowd at one point almost as if to ask them to stop it. That kind of thing disgusts me. I think that is what got to Jo today and I wonder if he will mention it in any interviews.
reggie1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2009, 02:53 PM   #62
country flag DanaKz

DanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggie1 View Post
I didn't know whether to post this or not (I did mention it on Richard's boards but none of the others heard it but they were watching on livestreams I think) but the crowd were terrible from what I could see. I was watching on Sky tv and some of the crowd were whistling and making ape noises when Jo was about to serve. He actually turned to the crowd at one point almost as if to ask them to stop it. That kind of thing disgusts me. I think that is what got to Jo today and I wonder if he will mention it in any interviews.
I want to say something... something abusive!!!!
These idiots are animals! No, they worse then animals - animals never do like that
DanaKz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:12 PM   #63
country flag Keijan

Keijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, I did hear when he said to the crowd "c'est bon là, arrêtez !" (stop now !) but I didn't know why he was saying that really Vicky, that's terrible They need to get themselves a life !

They'll probably ask Jo about it in the press conf. It's really sad to see things like that nowadays, especially in tennis which has been kind of spared by that until recently, with the golliwog comment

Last edited by Keijan : 04-29-2009 at 03:18 PM.
Keijan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 04:07 PM   #64
country flag MacArthur

MacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond repute

It was clearly a poor match, tennisticaly speaking from Jo, but not a so poor match for a come-back on a surface he lacks experience on. He needs to win a match or two in the next tourney and to complete it in the ARAG thingy and it's all good for RG.
It's not really a surprise, we know he is a diesel, he needs some matches to go at full speed. He was also not very confortable in his movements. He just needs some time, I think.

For the crowds, I can't confirm for sure on the "racists" demeanor, cause I shut up the sound of my TV (I can't bear to listen to Guillaume Roux, the guy is a terrible commentator with nothing to say). But Jo was clearly displeased by the constant noise they were making and more or less gave the match up to Gasquet at the end because of it.
MacArthur is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 05:05 PM   #65
country flag Bashak

Bashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond repute

what happened? 40 unforced errors in the second? looks horrible. Also Richie has more net points won than Jo. What's up with that? Good win for Richie but I did not see it coming at all with Richie's recent ridiculous performance. And of course, I did not get to watch it, stupid rain.
I hope to watch him play in the championship thing, it better be televised.

Suicide Tennis Winner: Doha 2010, Basel 2009 FITD Winner: Auckland 2012, Nice 2010, London WTF 2009, Tokyo 2009, Roland Garros 2009, Paris 2008, Basel 2008 TT Finalist: Nottingham 2009, Savannah 2009, Marrakech 2011. TT Doubles Winner: Sarasota 2011 (w/ coasterman9 TT Doubles Finalist: Bergamo 2011 (w/ leoneo), Fergana 2009 (w/ catatonia) DTT Doubles Winner: Miami 2011 (w/Abollo)
Bashak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 04:18 AM   #66
country flag Turquoise

Turquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not worried about this loss. It's Jo's first match on clay since his unfortunate withdrawal at Cassablanca last year. He needs more time to get used to the surface and its specific conditions. Richard Gasquet is a tricky first round opponent and knows Jo's game very well. Had he been allocated a lesser-ranked opponent in the first round, his attacking game might have paid more dividends and given him more confidence for the next rounds. Tough luck, but good learning experience nevertheless. He and Winogradsky will have a better idea on what areas to work on.

He definitely needs more competitive matches on clay before RG (training practices won't be much help), hence it would be a good idea to request a wild card next week at Estoril, Munich or Belgrade.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:14 PM   #67
country flag SelvenluvJo
Jo,Dimi,Rica,Ryan

SelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond repute

I heard that they do not held a news conference after the match,because the franch journalists didn't apply for it.

they thought any of them would apply for it ,but actually no one did....
Old 05-01-2009, 04:31 AM   #68
country flag Naina

Naina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggie1 View Post
That is despicable. It shouldt be allowed in any place but more so in Sport

Is Jo playing next week??? Or is going to play madrid nxt?
Naina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:36 AM   #69
country flag SelvenluvJo
Jo,Dimi,Rica,Ryan

SelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naina View Post
That is despicable. It shouldt be allowed in any place but more so in Sport

Is Jo playing next week??? Or is going to play madrid nxt?
going to play Madrid is the plan
Old 05-08-2009, 06:20 PM   #70
country flag Tess Gray

Tess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond repute

SO FINALLY Madrid is here in a few days I hope he plays well because I can;t wait to see him. I kinda missed him!

Allez
Tess Gray is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 06:28 PM   #71
country flag amdany

amdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond repute

the draw is out, he's playing Marat in the 1st round ()
http://www.atpworldtour.com/tennis/e...9/1536/mds.pdf
amdany is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 06:31 PM   #72
country flag Tess Gray

Tess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond repute

OMG... let's hope Marat has one of his brainfarts

Jo's quarter:

[3] Djokovic vs BYE
Hernandez vs Vassallo Arguello
Seppi vs Q
Querrey vs [15] Stepanek

[9] Tsonga vs Safin
Ljubicic vs Q
Mathieu vs Q
BYE vs [8] Simon
Tess Gray is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:00 PM   #73
country flag MacArthur

MacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond repute

It's a nice draw I think. Safin, Lyubicic, gillou or Paulo are good players to make his rythm.

One or two wins would already be a great enough. That's all he needs at the moment.
MacArthur is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:17 PM   #74
country flag Bashak

Bashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond repute

safin first round? this is not good, marat has not been playing well for so long he might just get sick of losing and give his all to this first round match.

other than the first round his section looks good. Ljubo and PHM should not be any trouble. Once again, possible Djokovic match in QF but let's see what happens one day at a time.

also, if he were only ranked 1 place higher, he would've gotten a bye in the first round.

Good luck Jo!

Suicide Tennis Winner: Doha 2010, Basel 2009 FITD Winner: Auckland 2012, Nice 2010, London WTF 2009, Tokyo 2009, Roland Garros 2009, Paris 2008, Basel 2008 TT Finalist: Nottingham 2009, Savannah 2009, Marrakech 2011. TT Doubles Winner: Sarasota 2011 (w/ coasterman9 TT Doubles Finalist: Bergamo 2011 (w/ leoneo), Fergana 2009 (w/ catatonia) DTT Doubles Winner: Miami 2011 (w/Abollo)
Bashak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:37 PM   #75
country flag SelvenluvJo
Jo,Dimi,Rica,Ryan

I just want to say that is a good draw if on hard surface....hahaha,however it's clay,let's see what will happened