Roger Federer is going to be a father - Page 28 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-22-2009, 02:54 PM   #406
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roger Federer is going to be a father

Quote:
Originally Posted by andylovesaustin View Post
Well, having a child is a good thing, so Roger won there, too.

But... I am not so sure Roger will marry her. He might. But he sure hasn't talked about it much. He might very well decide to wait on the marriage part--until he retires from tennis.

He doesn't HAVE to marry her in this day and age.

Ideally, I'd like him to date around a bit, and then if he still marries her, well more power to them.

I just don't want him to feel obligated--because he's a "nice" guy, ya know? Nice guys don't always marry the mother of their children. They make sure the child, in particular, is provided for, but Roger doesn't have to marry Mirka in order for him to still be a "nice" guy. Roger has the means and maturity to take care of his child without being married.
So Roger and Mirka have been dating for almost 9 years, they're going to be starting a family together and your suggesting he should start dating others now? That's just :retard:

Where is your evidence that Roger is doing anything out of some obligation? Here's a novel idea. Roger loves Mirka and wants to start a family with her. He didn't need to date around a lot or screw a bunch of women before he settled down. No one has any solid evidence/proof - they're just throwing stupid shit out here, either because they don't like Mirka or (even more worrying) they're jealous and wish they were having Roger's baby.

Thank you Stanimal for taking out the trash at AO!
nobama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2009, 03:19 PM   #407
FedFan

FedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I agree. Roger probably wanted to focus more on his tennis. It would make sense for Roger to focus on his tennis at this time in his career.

As far as Roger planning everything, well to me, he looks like a man who didn't plan on his girlfriend getting pregnant right now. He's even said as much, hasn't he? Like a lot of men, he probably just assume Mirka was taking care of not getting pregnant, if you know what I mean!

I sort of like the fact Roger hasn't said very much about marrying her! So he might not marry her. There is just something about that girl. I don't think she's craving "money" as much as she might like the "power" and the "perks" of being Roger's girlfriend.. now pregnant girlfriend. It's sort of weird that she has been handling his business affairs. There is just something weird about the whole thing.

I just think it would be "healthier" for the guy to date other people... and then decide. It would be healthier if MOST people had a chance to date around before marrying, I think. He might
end-up marrying her, but I just don't want ANYBODY to be sort of manipulated or obligated to marry anyone.

It is very easy for a woman to forget the pill, if you want to have a baby. And some men are just to trustful or to naive and they automatically assume, that their girlfriend take the conception pill as before.

I have never gained the impression from his last interviews, that Roger wanted a baby or a marriage right now! He was aware it would not be good at this point of his career.

Mirka can be happy, because she can be sure he will marry her.
Please take into account, that he is from a Catholic family and he might feel also the pressure from outside to legalize his partnership and to allow his born child to take his name.

It was not a long time ago, that Mirka said she wants a man, which has time to care for a child. She must have changed her opinion, and I am not very surprised, because last year she didn't seem to be very happy.
FedFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 03:23 PM   #408
country flag andylovesaustin

andylovesaustin has a reputation beyond reputeandylovesaustin has a reputation beyond reputeandylovesaustin has a reputation beyond reputeandylovesaustin has a reputation beyond reputeandylovesaustin has a reputation beyond reputeandylovesaustin has a reputation beyond reputeandylovesaustin has a reputation beyond reputeandylovesaustin has a reputation beyond reputeandylovesaustin has a reputation beyond reputeandylovesaustin has a reputation beyond reputeandylovesaustin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
So Roger and Mirka have been dating for almost 9 years, they're going to be starting a family together and your suggesting he should start dating others now? That's just :retard:

Where is your evidence that Roger is doing anything out of some obligation? Here's a novel idea. Roger loves Mirka and wants to start a family with her. He didn't need to date around a lot or screw a bunch of women before he settled down. No one has any solid evidence/proof - they're just throwing stupid shit out here, either because they don't like Mirka or (even more worrying) they're jealous and wish they were having Roger's baby.
We shall see what the future will hold now won't we. So don't :retard: me!

You don't have any more proof than the rest of us.. except they have been together for nine years. :retard:
So what? A lot of couples break-up after being together for nine years--whether or not they are married or have children. And I guess you are just a Fed loyalist--which is fine with me.

I admire Roger, or I wouldn't be concerned for him. I would care less.

I am just saying.. he hasn't expressed a whole lot of enthusiam about getting married--even after nine years--which for me, is a good thing. For you, I guess not. I guess you want them to get married and live happily ever after. I do, too, as long as Roger is happy. He's a good guy--has always been a good guy, and I want him to be happy. And yeah, I'm protective of him because.. no, I don't trust some woman after nine years ends up pregnant. Roger just seems like the type if he wanted to get married and have children right now, he would have. He just doesn't seem like the type to plan family in the midst of his tennis career.

But on the upside... Roger will be a great father, regardless of marrying this girl or not--and he might marry her when he is good and darn well ready, not her.

So.. yeah, I am protective of Roger. I like him. I don't want him to be taken advantage of....
andylovesaustin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 03:28 PM   #409
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I agree. Roger probably wanted to focus more on his tennis. It would make sense for Roger to focus on his tennis at this time in his career.

As far as Roger planning everything, well to me, he looks like a man who didn't plan on his girlfriend getting pregnant right now. He's even said as much, hasn't he? Like a lot of men, he probably just assume Mirka was taking care of not getting pregnant, if you know what I mean!

I sort of like the fact Roger hasn't said very much about marrying her! So he might not marry her. There is just something about that girl. I don't think she's craving "money" as much as she might like the "power" and the "perks" of being Roger's girlfriend.. now pregnant girlfriend. It's sort of weird that she has been handling his business affairs. There is just something weird about the whole thing.

I just think it would be "healthier" for the guy to date other people... and then decide. It would be healthier if MOST people had a chance to date around before marrying, I think. He might end-up marrying her, but I just don't want ANYBODY to be sort of manipulated or obligated to marry anyone.
Roger never said this wasn't planned. He actually said it's something they've been thinking about for 2-3 years. Go and read some of the interviews Roger's given where he talks about Mirka. Whether you want to believe it or not it's obvious he loves her and it's a real relationship. Here's an example:

Quote:
from Telegraph Magazine – 18 May 2008
“Yes, Mirka’s with me every day of my life,” says Federer, when I mention that travelling with his girlfriend must ease the loneliness of being away from home for 10 months of the year. “I wake up every morning next to her, which is great. That might be a little too much for some people, but I wouldn’t want it any differently.

“She’s a great help to me and we’re very much the couple we used to be in the beginning,” he says, in his somewhat formal English (he also speaks French, along with his native German). “It’s been almost eight years now, which is very nice. Not everybody gets to see their girlfriend or wife on a daily basis, but I’m lucky enough to that have luxury.”

Marriage and kids could be next on Federer’s agenda (in fact, Vavrinec has been spotted with a diamond ring on her engagement finger, but the couple are yet to confirm anything). “We have been talking about it,” confirms Federer. “You know, kids, wedding, everything. It’s something we’re definitely considering. It’s something I feel good talking about now, whereas two or three years ago, I wouldn’t have been so open.

“The more you’re around kids, the more you want kids of your own. It’s something I would definitely love to have one day.”

Apart from nice threads, he doesn’t buy flash cars (“I’ve won so many already,” he laughs), but likes to stay in good hotels while on tour and buy presents for his lucky girlfriend. “That’s something I like doing, so I guess she’s the lucky one,” he says.
Quote:
From CNN's Talk Asia (2007)
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/12/04/talkasia.federer/
AR: I'm sure all those good-looking ladies who have voted for you would be gutted to know of your long-term girlfriend, who was also a pro tennis player. Um, she's not anymore, and she obviously travels the world with you. How much input does she have?

RF: We started dating when I had zero titles, and now I have 53 so she's been part of almost every title, you know. She didn't travel to every tournament I've been to in the beginning obviously, because she was playing herself, but what a great support she has been.

I asked her if she could help me out with maybe my media, because media was starting to grow and it started to get more and more crazy. And right at that moment I won my first Wimbledon, and she's like oof, flooded over with all the media requests. And so I can only thank her for everything she's done for me and yeah, still in love and everything's great and hopefully we'll have family and be married one day, but for the moment it's maybe a bit early, I don't know, we'll see how it goes.

AR: Aww, what a lucky girl."
Quote:
http://www.elpais.com/articulo/depor...lpepudep_5/Tes

From a Federer interview with Spanish newspaper El Pais (translation)

Can you imagine travelling on the circuit without Mirka's company?

No, really I can't imagine it. For me, one of the most important things is to wake up in the morning and see her next to me in bed. For me it's a special feeling to know that she is there. She takes care of me, does the best for me. She's not the type of girlfriend who asks you "how long are you going to be practicing/training? How much time are you going to spend in the gym? "She tells me, "Roger you have to go to the gym" She is the one who pushes me. And then she makes my life off the court much simpler. She may appear a bad person saying no 95% of the time. Some people can understand that and others not, but she is special. If she wasn't I wouldn't be with her for 7 years of my life.

Old 03-22-2009, 03:49 PM   #410
country flag andylovesaustin

andylovesaustin has a reputation beyond reputeandylovesaustin has a reputation beyond reputeandylovesaustin has a reputation beyond reputeandylovesaustin has a reputation beyond reputeandylovesaustin has a reputation beyond reputeandylovesaustin has a reputation beyond reputeandylovesaustin has a reputation beyond reputeandylovesaustin has a reputation beyond reputeandylovesaustin has a reputation beyond reputeandylovesaustin has a reputation beyond reputeandylovesaustin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
Roger never said this wasn't planned. He actually said it's something they've been thinking about for 2-3 years. Go and read some of the interviews Roger's given where he talks about Mirka. Whether you want to believe it or not it's obvious he loves her and it's a real relationship. Here's an example:
Look... a lot of people talk about it. That doesn't mean they are planning it NOW! And exactly what do you expect him to say to the press, anyway? Do you expect him to say, "Yeah, uh.. well this wasn't planned." In some of his other interviews, I could have sworn he said it was a surprise, but even if he didn't.. what do you expect him to say? Roger isn't going to say this was an unplanned pregnancy.. he's not going to use those exact words!

C'mon.. give me a break.

You believe what you want.

Hey, I hope you're right. I'd be happy being wrong on this one.

There's just something about those two.. but I could be very wrong, which would be a good thing.

But don't act like this kind of stuff--the negative stuff--never happens because it does more often than not. It's the fairy-tale that's the exception, not the rule.
andylovesaustin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 06:12 PM   #411
country flag ExpectedWinner

ExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond repute

1. The bottom line is that none of us really have a clue about their relationship.

2. The disgusting thing is that Fed's private life (the downside of being a celebrity) is everybody's business.

3. IMO, Roger will become a semi-retired player rather sooner than later
ExpectedWinner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 06:31 AM   #412
country flag tennis2tennis

tennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpectedWinner View Post
1. The bottom line is that none of us really have a clue about their relationship.

2. The disgusting thing is that Fed's private life (the downside of being a celebrity) is everybody's business.

3. IMO, Roger will become a semi-retired player rather sooner than later
disagree with no3 he's bcome a very good player as appose to an exceptional player
tennis2tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:31 PM   #413
country flag Rog1

Rog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Look... a lot of people talk about it. That doesn't mean they are planning it NOW! And exactly what do you expect him to say to the press, anyway? Do you expect him to say, "Yeah, uh.. well this wasn't planned." In some of his other interviews, I could have sworn he said it was a surprise, but even if he didn't.. what do you expect him to say? Roger isn't going to say this was an unplanned pregnancy.. he's not going to use those exact words!

C'mon.. give me a break.

You believe what you want.

Hey, I hope you're right. I'd be happy being wrong on this one.

There's just something about those two.. but I could be very wrong, which would be a good thing.

But don't act like this kind of stuff--the negative stuff--never happens because it does more often than not. It's the fairy-tale that's the exception, not the rule.

I agree with a lot of your comments too, andylovesaustin. I know what you mean by being 'protective' of Roger. I don't like to judge people I will never know, but I want them as a couple to be happy and obviously now that Mirka has reached her thirties she is ready for motherhood?

I will continue to support Roger, but when the baby arrives and I am sure it will be gorgeous I may decide to back off of him?? They have no problems finacially that's for sure when it comes to having kids.

Linda (Luton-UK)
Rog1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 10:58 AM   #414
country flag Little_Pirry

Little_Pirry has a reputation beyond reputeLittle_Pirry has a reputation beyond reputeLittle_Pirry has a reputation beyond reputeLittle_Pirry has a reputation beyond reputeLittle_Pirry has a reputation beyond reputeLittle_Pirry has a reputation beyond reputeLittle_Pirry has a reputation beyond reputeLittle_Pirry has a reputation beyond reputeLittle_Pirry has a reputation beyond reputeLittle_Pirry has a reputation beyond reputeLittle_Pirry has a reputation beyond repute

I have to be honest.
I know i'm going to be crucifed for it but it's what I think.
Does anybody else feel that this pregnancy is simply for Mirka's benefit?
We all know she is older and has no other children and as time is going on and Roger is working as hard as ever on his wins that maybe the baby is just soo Mirka doesnt loose the oppertunaty for a child and not because they are 'ready' for it?
Did that make any sense? LOL
Little_Pirry is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:46 PM   #415
country flag Or Levy

Or Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, I'd think that if Mirka would soon, in a few years, get to the age where she can't have children, than the pregnancy is for both of her and Roger's benefit, as it is quite clear he's going to want to have children from her.

As a couple, after 9 years, they are probably more than ready for a child. In terms of Roger's career, maybe it can wait a few years. But Roger's career would end when he's what? 32? 33? 35? He'll have a life time ahead of him, a time he'll want to spend with his family. He said he wanted children (most people do), if the time to have a family of two or three kids is now, then they're ready now.

This is a family desicion, Roger and Mirka's desicion as a couple. Not having children with Mirka would not be in Roger's benefit, if he didn't want her as his life partner and as the mother of his children, he'd break up with her long ago.

It is never an ideal time for an athlete to have children, some tennis players have a much younger spouse, so it is a none issue. But Mirka is three years older than Roger, so they have to adjust.

Roger can dump Mirka and date a 20 years old tennis player, he wouldn't be troubled with thoughts about kids for a number of years now - but he's not making this choice, so his wishes on the matter are pretty clear.

Frankly, I'm puzzled by some of the posts on this thread. It isn't like Mirka and Roger started dating yesterday, they've been involved for 9 years, that's a long, long,long time - a child was the obvious next step, this is a family desicion, not a Roger or Mirka desicion.

Honestly, does anyone want to see a Mirka-less Roger on tour? I can't imagine what that would do to his game. His best years were with her on his side, even if she's more ready to a child than he is (and most women are), it doesn't matter one damn bit. There are compromises in every relationship, maybe Mirka wanted a child two years ago and Roger wanted a child in two years and they settled on one now because this was something they'd both feel good with.

That's how relationship work.
Or Levy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:16 PM   #416
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

I totally agree with you Or.

Thank god Roger isn't as selfish as some of his fans are. He's been in a long-term relationship with someone he's clearly in love with, someone he wants to be his life partner and start a family with. And if he & Mirka want more than one child and want to be able to space them out a bit, they can't really wait until his career is over.

I think this notion that Roger's career is over once he has a child is ridiculous. Most people raising a family have a full time job. I don't see what's so special about a tennis player that they can't do what millions of other people do.

Old 04-20-2009, 04:58 PM   #417
country flag Stevens Point

Stevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond repute

Roger's baby is a boy according to this article.. http://tagesschau.sf.tv/nachrichten/...roger_in_weiss (in German)

good luck RF!!

my latest blog entry: a woman in a male locker room.. hello?? , Updated: January 6th 2009
Stevens Point is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 02:44 PM   #418
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevens Point View Post
Roger's baby is a boy according to this article.. http://tagesschau.sf.tv/nachrichten/...roger_in_weiss (in German)
THANKYOU MY GOD!!!!

I am so Happy for that!!!!
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 11:40 PM   #419
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
Cool Congrats to them.

Err... Does this favour Rafa now? I mean we all know what happened to Hewitt.
Nope.

Old 07-18-2009, 11:40 PM   #420
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manila ESQ View Post
if this is true, congrats! does this mean goodbye to pete's record?
I guess not.