Roger Federer is going to be a father - Page 23 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-14-2009, 10:58 PM   #331
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roger Federer is going to be a father

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
Well obviously I wouldn't know if it was planned or not, but they've been dating almost 9 years so they waited a long time for an 'oops' to happen. That leads me to believe either it was planned or it was a case of not trying, but not NOT trying either. If he was that concerned about the effect on his carrer he would've made damn sure all precautions were taken for it not to happen, like he has the past 8 years.
He's been saying he wanted to have kids for quite a few years now. Perhaps they've been 'trying' for a while - not everybody has the luck to 'score on first strike'...

Don't think it's going to damage his career AT ALL, to be honest.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2009, 11:03 PM   #332
country flag Il Primo Uomo

Il Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond repute

Now Mirka officially has an excuse to look so darn busted with all the money she's highjacking from Fed. SMH.

And oh, I'm still convinced Mirka is some kind of beard for Rogie. I mean, this guy looks suspect.
Old 03-15-2009, 02:38 AM   #333
country flag Winners take all

Winners take all has a reputation beyond reputeWinners take all has a reputation beyond reputeWinners take all has a reputation beyond reputeWinners take all has a reputation beyond reputeWinners take all has a reputation beyond reputeWinners take all has a reputation beyond reputeWinners take all has a reputation beyond reputeWinners take all has a reputation beyond reputeWinners take all has a reputation beyond reputeWinners take all has a reputation beyond reputeWinners take all has a reputation beyond repute

Wonderful news! Having a baby will possibly make Fed a little bit less annoying and arrogant than he's been but it'll also most likely adversely affect his form on the court. Ha ha, I really look forward to what self-appointed tennis connoisseurs/purists and ultra Fed fans in disguise will say if Rafa beats Fed even more badly in the near future. Well, maybe for the most part it'll still be the same kind of bullshit that has been used in this forum over and over again à la 'Dear Lord, save us! Tennis is dead!' or 'Oh my Goodness! The talentless moonballer was lucky again!', the only difference is that now they have another excuse to add to their already-huge moaning arsenal, i.e. 'Had Fed not fathered the baby he would have thrashed Mugboar in straight bagels'.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:10 AM   #334
country flag Gnomey

Gnomey has a reputation beyond reputeGnomey has a reputation beyond reputeGnomey has a reputation beyond reputeGnomey has a reputation beyond reputeGnomey has a reputation beyond reputeGnomey has a reputation beyond reputeGnomey has a reputation beyond reputeGnomey has a reputation beyond reputeGnomey has a reputation beyond reputeGnomey has a reputation beyond reputeGnomey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by andylovesaustin View Post
Congrats to them...

But, I was SHOCKED when I heard this news.

Ok.. I have to ask. And my apologies if I insult anyone because it's not my intention.

Has Roger ever dated any other girl? Frankly, I didn't think these two were going to last. I am sure she's a very sweet person, and she's attractive, too. But I really thought they'd break-up because he just hasn't dated anybody else, right?

I dunno. I am not a prude or anything. I don't think one has to be married in order to have sex or have a baby, necessarily.

It's just that Roger seems like the type if he wanted to marry this girl and have kids, he would have. He just seems like to type to get married first before having kids.

Well.. I just hope both of them are happy. They seem like really nice people, and whatever the future holds, I am sure they'll take care of their child.
I'm surprised you underestimated their relationship in that way. They've been together for ages (and Fed doesn't seem like the type of guy who'd lead a girl on if he didn't like her), are practically inseperable and are as good as married.

As for his career...
Well, something needs to change the way it's been going this past year. If he can't get a coach, then maybe this'll be the thing that'll bring him a positive change of attitude.
Gnomey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 04:29 AM   #335
country flag Gnomey

Gnomey has a reputation beyond reputeGnomey has a reputation beyond reputeGnomey has a reputation beyond reputeGnomey has a reputation beyond reputeGnomey has a reputation beyond reputeGnomey has a reputation beyond reputeGnomey has a reputation beyond reputeGnomey has a reputation beyond reputeGnomey has a reputation beyond reputeGnomey has a reputation beyond reputeGnomey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Federer says fatherhood won't derail his tennis

Indian Wells, California - Roger Federer insisted on Saturday that his impending summer fatherhood won't impact his tennis as he strives for more history in the sport

. 'I've always had the dream that once I became number 1, that if I have a child I hope I have it early enough so he can see me playing,' he said after reaching the third round of the Indian Wells Masters 7-6 (7-4), 6-4 over Marc Gicquel.

'This is very exciting, you know.

'I think it's not going to really disturb my mindset on tennis a whole lot. I've always made sure that my schedule (allows me to) get away from tennis a little bit and then come back when I'm ready to play again.'

Federer's longtime girlfriend Mirka Vavrinec is due to give birth within a few months. But Federer says that for now he's sticking to the playing schedule which has served him well through 13 Grand Slam titles.

'I didn't play for the last five to six weeks (resting a back problem). I think it's going to be pretty much the same. I don't really have to adjust a whole lot.

'If it (the birth) does something to me, I think it's going to motivate me to play for a long time.'
http://www.monstersandcritics.com/sp...#ixzz09nMOJrQb
Gnomey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 05:29 AM   #336
country flag Fedex

Fedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond repute

I'm certainly shocked by this news, but congrats to both!
Old 03-15-2009, 11:12 AM   #337
country flag Rog1

Rog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farenhajt View Post
On the other hand, it's a pragmatic move. "Hey, Mirka, I suck more and more. Let's make a baby, so that I could pull the wool over their eyes by saying I'm increasingly commited to my family and fatherhood, instead of letting them think I'm falling to pieces."

Nevertheless, a baby born into this world is always good news

This is a friggin good point Farenhajt

Linda (Luton-UK)
Rog1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 11:40 AM   #338
country flag tennis2tennis

tennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
I predict Fedmug will lose 98% of his fanbase after this abominable announcement.

I predict you'll come out and admit ur a fedmug too!
tennis2tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:52 PM   #339
country flag andylovesaustin

andylovesaustin has a reputation beyond reputeandylovesaustin has a reputation beyond reputeandylovesaustin has a reputation beyond reputeandylovesaustin has a reputation beyond reputeandylovesaustin has a reputation beyond reputeandylovesaustin has a reputation beyond reputeandylovesaustin has a reputation beyond reputeandylovesaustin has a reputation beyond reputeandylovesaustin has a reputation beyond reputeandylovesaustin has a reputation beyond reputeandylovesaustin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnomey View Post
I'm surprised you underestimated their relationship in that way. They've been together for ages (and Fed doesn't seem like the type of guy who'd lead a girl on if he didn't like her), are practically inseperable and are as good as married.

As for his career...
Well, something needs to change the way it's been going this past year. If he can't get a coach, then maybe this'll be the thing that'll bring him a positive change of attitude.

Well, I'll explain.

After years of watching high-profile tennis players, I've just noticed they seem to have a change of girlfriends now and again. Some relationships are more lasting than others, but it's just rare that they stick with.. the first girl, showing up at tennis matches.

He might have dated somebody before her, but Mirka seems to be the first actually touring with him? How long have they been dating? He's only 27, and it just seems he's been dating her for a long time. I would just think he might have dated some other women, not that he's a "dawg" or anything. Even Pete had a few girlfriends before he settled down.

It's none of my business, so obviously I'm just speculating, and I really shouldn't be. I just hope everything is OK with Roger--and I'm not just talking about his tennis. It's obvious he's happy about the baby, but then again, well I still think there is something really strange going-on. It's just this feeling I have.

I hope I'm wrong because I really admire Roger, and I'm sure Mirka is a good person. But even good people get caught in bad relationships.. or bad situations. I hope I'm wrong.
andylovesaustin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 01:36 PM   #340
FedFan

FedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, I'll explain.

After years of watching high-profile tennis players, I've just noticed they seem to have a change of girlfriends now and again. Some relationships are more lasting than others, but it's just rare that they stick with.. the first girl, showing up at tennis matches.

He might have dated somebody before her, but Mirka seems to be the first actually touring with him? How long have they been dating? He's only 27, and it just seems he's been dating her for a long time. I would just think he might have dated some other women, not that he's a "dawg" or anything. Even Pete had a few girlfriends before he settled down.

It's none of my business, so obviously I'm just speculating, and I really shouldn't be. I just hope everything is OK with Roger--and I'm not just talking about his tennis. It's obvious he's happy about the baby, but then again, well I still think there is something really strange going-on. It's just this feeling I have.

I hope I'm wrong because I really admire Roger, and I'm sure Mirka is a good person. But even good people get caught in bad relationships.. or bad situations. I hope I'm wrong.

I feel exactly the same way as you. Mirka is clearly the dominant force in this relationship. If she decides, that Roger should spent more time with her and the baby or that he should retire he will do it.

It is his first girl, he is not experienced in other women, which I really regret. Mirka has never let Roger doing something on his own, she was always on his side controlling him. He had no chance to meet someone other, that is for sure, especially as he is a shy man.

For this reason Mirka could afford to get fatter and fatter, to show no discipline, because she was very sure Roger would not leave her. I my opinion this is regrettable for such a famous and popular man like Roger.
FedFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 01:45 PM   #341
country flag Rita

Rita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond repute

Rogelio no complain he good boy no?

Rita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 01:59 PM   #342
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

Loving how people are making their own assumptions as if they knew what was going on in their lives.

And I second Rita:
Old 03-15-2009, 02:05 PM   #343
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedFan View Post
I feel exactly the same way as you. Mirka is clearly the dominant force in this relationship. If she decides, that Roger should spent more time with her and the baby or that he should retire he will do it.

It is his first girl, he is not experienced in other women, which I really regret. Mirka has never let Roger doing something on his own, she was always on his side controlling him. He had no chance to meet someone other, that is for sure, especially as he is a shy man.

For this reason Mirka could afford to get fatter and fatter, to show no discipline, because she was very sure Roger would not leave her. I my opinion this is regrettable for such a famous and popular man like Roger.
:retard: :retard: :retard:

Thank you Stanimal for taking out the trash at AO!
nobama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 02:06 PM   #344
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, I'll explain.

Thank you Stanimal for taking out the trash at AO!
nobama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 02:31 PM   #345
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

Roger said he want his child to see he play~~
I am so happy to hear that!!
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote