Roger Federer is going to be a father - Page 20 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-14-2009, 12:09 AM   #286
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roger Federer is going to be a father

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbynorwich View Post
Michael Phelps loses millions in canceled contracts for smoking marijuana, but no such repercussions to Roger Federer for fathering a child out of wedlock. We are more worried about a bad example for our youth from getting high at a party than from begetting an illegitimate child. We live in interesting times.
They've been together nearly 9 years. in several states in the US (edit: and much of the rest of the common-law world, according to wiki), that's long enough to be considered married under the law, whether they had a ceremony or not. Furthermore, smoking marijuana is illegal in the US, having a child out of wedlock is not. Like others, I do hope you were kidding.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2009, 12:13 AM   #287
country flag habibko

habibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deboogle!. View Post
They've been together nearly 9 years. in several states in the US (edit: and much of the rest of the common-law world, according to wiki), that's long enough to be considered married under the law, whether they had a ceremony or not. Furthermore, smoking marijuana is illegal in the US, having a child out of wedlock is not. Like others, I do hope you were kidding.

some people still take the Bible as their law
habibko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 12:19 AM   #288
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by habibko View Post
some people still take the Bible as their law
Whether it's the Bible, the Koran, or any other XXXX-year old pile of old paper - those people make me

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 12:38 AM   #289
country flag Igaarg

Igaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbynorwich View Post
Michael Phelps loses millions in canceled contracts for smoking marijuana, but no such repercussions to Roger Federer for fathering a child out of wedlock. We are more worried about a bad example for our youth from getting high at a party than from begetting an illegitimate child. We live in interesting times.
Quoting the great Mr. McEnroe I will say:

YOU CAN´T BE SERIOUS!!!!! and I am a catholic person. You are talking about a couple whom are togheter since 9 years, the guy is 27 and the woman 30...and making comparison with a guy who smoked herb...agree or not that is ilegal in America, and I´m not critizing Phelps. The point is, both things have not comparison.
And yes, we are living in pretty interesting times...
Igaarg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 12:42 AM   #290
country flag Spirit_fire

Spirit_fire has a reputation beyond reputeSpirit_fire has a reputation beyond reputeSpirit_fire has a reputation beyond reputeSpirit_fire has a reputation beyond reputeSpirit_fire has a reputation beyond reputeSpirit_fire has a reputation beyond reputeSpirit_fire has a reputation beyond reputeSpirit_fire has a reputation beyond reputeSpirit_fire has a reputation beyond reputeSpirit_fire has a reputation beyond reputeSpirit_fire has a reputation beyond repute

It's not like Roger and Mirka are wild party animals or have an on and off turbulent relationship which could hurt the child. They have a very stable relationship, they both love each other...
We do NOT live in the dark ages and not everyone has to live their lives within the parameters of religion. Some people need to be more tolerant.
Spirit_fire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 12:54 AM   #291
country flag munZe konZa

munZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityfed View Post
No offence to you but this is actually news that is quite big in the tennis world. You are talking about possibly one of the greatest tennis players ever with a long and wide career and he is going to be a father as opposed to a thread about you complaining about Novak's scheduling and unfair treatment. I don't mean to be rude but news regarding Roger is always going to be big, and I guess it's going to stay that way until his retirement. Sadly, I sense a lot of sour grapes around and don't even feel that the importance of the two topics you mentioned should even be compared.
this is ok in the parenting forum but this is tennis forum about "Tennis" not about babies of tennis players, shoes or cars of tennis players etc... That is just celebrity tabloid pandering. My topic was relevant because I don't think any player should play 36 hours after his last match in grand slam, especially 2 grand slams in a row, that is not right at all and any true tennis fan will see something wrong with that
munZe konZa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 01:01 AM   #292
country flag JolánGagó
Banned!

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deboogle!. View Post
But they live in Switzerland, which isn't a common law country.

Anyway who give a f**k whether they're married or not. Marriage is nothing but a contract. Most countries' Law gives equal rights to all children no matter their parents' marital situation.
JolánGagó is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 01:05 AM   #293
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolánGagó View Post
But they live in Switzerland, which isn't a common law country.

Anyway who give a f**k whether they're married or not. Marriage is nothing but a contract. Most countries' Law gives equal rights to all children no matter their parents' marital situation.
Oh, I know that. I was merely refuting bobbynorwich's ridiculous moral argument with the fact that they've been together so long that in many places they'd even be considered married. I actually didn't even realize having kids out of technical wedlock was something to discuss anymore

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 01:08 AM   #294
country flag habibko

habibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond repute

the kind of discussions that are going on lately makes me think this case of an unmarried couple expecting a child is happening for the first time in the history of mankind, I'm starting to believe that is the case.
habibko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 01:21 AM   #295
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by munZe konZa View Post
this is ok in the parenting forum but this is tennis forum about "Tennis" not about babies of tennis players, shoes or cars of tennis players etc... That is just celebrity tabloid pandering. My topic was relevant because I don't think any player should play 36 hours after his last match in grand slam, especially 2 grand slams in a row, that is not right at all and any true tennis fan will see something wrong with that
I see where you are coming from, but in this case I believe it's an exception . If this was about Karlovic being a dad for example, I doubt it would have got to 20 pages.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:22 AM   #296
country flag Macbrother

Location: Ward 47 of the Tilonus Institute for Mental Disorders
Macbrother has a reputation beyond reputeMacbrother has a reputation beyond reputeMacbrother has a reputation beyond reputeMacbrother has a reputation beyond reputeMacbrother has a reputation beyond reputeMacbrother has a reputation beyond reputeMacbrother has a reputation beyond reputeMacbrother has a reputation beyond reputeMacbrother has a reputation beyond reputeMacbrother has a reputation beyond reputeMacbrother has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseisarose View Post
Ever noticed how exhausted new parents seem? It's very demanding physically. I'm sure Federer and Mirka will have a nanny on hand to help, but show me that person who has a newborn and manages to get enough sleep every night. Not to mention that physicality and mentality are arbitrary categories; the two are difficult to separate in real life. Should Mirka have any complications with her pregnancy or the baby any problem when it is born (knock on wood), how could it not have both a mental and physical impact on Federer? I do think it's possible that fatherhood could have a negative effect on his tennis. But a joyous contribution to his life.

As for golf being as mentally demanding as tennis, I disagree. But please, I don't want to start an argument.
I said golf was much less demanding physically, not raising a child. I did say having a child may affect Roger mentally more so than physically and that is of course debatable but I will give you my reasoning if you like. Physical and mental aren't two arbitrary concepts at all, they are quite clearly defined with aspects that differentiate each.. and yes of course they can both affect him as well and the state of one can affect the other, I never claimed contrary.

As for golf versus tennis, I don't care you can pick whatever sport you want, football, basketball, team or solo; you have the weight of your own expectations, your fans, and the world on you and you have clutch moments that you better perform. What sport at the highest level in the world isn't mentally demanding and how can you weigh the demands of one against the other?

The greatest backhand pass ever.

fucktard. n. A special variety of retard whose condition arises not from clinically demonstrable neurological impairment, but from buttersnap shitfuckery of the mind.
Macbrother is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 01:57 AM   #297
country flag octatennis

octatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond repute

congrats for the baby.

they did the same experiment as arnold schwashcenegger when he got pregnant in a movie?
octatennis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 02:53 AM   #298
country flag iSzavay.

iSzavay. has a reputation beyond reputeiSzavay. has a reputation beyond reputeiSzavay. has a reputation beyond reputeiSzavay. has a reputation beyond reputeiSzavay. has a reputation beyond reputeiSzavay. has a reputation beyond reputeiSzavay. has a reputation beyond reputeiSzavay. has a reputation beyond reputeiSzavay. has a reputation beyond reputeiSzavay. has a reputation beyond reputeiSzavay. has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to Mirka
Old 03-14-2009, 02:59 AM   #299
country flag TennisViewer531
Banned!

TennisViewer531 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisViewer531 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisViewer531 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisViewer531 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisViewer531 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisViewer531 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisViewer531 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisViewer531 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisViewer531 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisViewer531 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisViewer531 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Roger! Hope to hear wedding bells soon!
TennisViewer531 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 07:35 AM   #300
country flag BackhandMissile

BackhandMissile has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandMissile has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandMissile has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandMissile has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandMissile has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandMissile has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandMissile has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandMissile has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandMissile has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandMissile has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandMissile has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations to Nadal for becoming a grandfather