This blog entry deserves a thread on its own. - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-10-2009, 07:34 PM   #1
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute
Default This blog entry deserves a thread on its own.

http://allineedisapicketfence.wordpr...-aid-open-bar/

Pretty much sums up my thoughts on Jacketgate.

Last edited by Dini : 07-10-2009 at 09:32 PM.
Dini is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2009, 12:47 AM   #2
country flag Celaeno

Celaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This blog entry deserves a thread on its own.

Y'know I was almost about to post this myself, earlier on. It absolutely deserves its own thread. It provides an answer to every ridiculous accusation and insult that has been hurled Roger's way since the Wimbledon final. An absolute must read for any Fed fan who has felt hurt or outraged, or who has not been able to enjoy this amazing win as they should, due to the extreme levels of Fed-bashing apparent in almost all corners of the tennis world.

What should have been a beautiful, historic day just ended up as another reason to tear him to shreds. And, given the champion he is, given what he has done for the sport, and how much he loves it, it's really not okay that he's being called an arrogant, presumptuous twat, that the media are all but painting horns on his head, that his own supposed "fans" are saying that they now hate him because of his speech. When it comes down to it, he - after it was handed to him on court - put on a piece of clothing he was contractually obliged to, and shortly afterwards - when he was clearly overwhelmed himself - did his very best to comfort and empathize with his opponent, because losing several heartbreaking slam finals to the same guy really is something he can understand, actually. If people chose to react negatively to that, it's their problem, not Roger's.
Celaeno is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 12:56 AM   #3
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celaeno View Post

Y'know I was almost about to post this myself, earlier on. It absolutely deserves its own thread. It provides an answer to every ridiculous accusation and insult that has been hurled Roger's way since the Wimbledon final. An absolute must read for any Fed fan who has felt hurt or outraged, or who has not been able to enjoy this amazing win as they should, due to the extreme levels of Fed-bashing apparent in almost all corners of the tennis world.

What should have been a beautiful, historic day just ended up as another reason to tear him to shreds. And, given the champion he is, given what he has done for the sport, and how much he loves it, it's really not okay that he's being called an arrogant, presumptuous twat, that the media are all but painting horns on his head, that his own supposed "fans" are saying that they now hate him because of his speech. When it comes down to it, he - after it was handed to him on court - put on a piece of clothing he was contractually obliged to, and shortly afterwards - when he was clearly overwhelmed himself - did his very best to comfort and empathize with his opponent, because losing several heartbreaking slam finals to the same guy really is something he can understand, actually. If people chose to react negatively to that, it's their problem, not Roger's.
This.

Nothing more to add.
Old 07-11-2009, 04:56 AM   #4
country flag refero*fervens

refero*fervens has a reputation beyond reputerefero*fervens has a reputation beyond reputerefero*fervens has a reputation beyond reputerefero*fervens has a reputation beyond reputerefero*fervens has a reputation beyond reputerefero*fervens has a reputation beyond reputerefero*fervens has a reputation beyond reputerefero*fervens has a reputation beyond reputerefero*fervens has a reputation beyond reputerefero*fervens has a reputation beyond reputerefero*fervens has a reputation beyond repute

THANK YOU for posting this

The amount of trash talk surrounding this whole jacket 'affair' has been obscene. And how could his speech be considered ungracious? Recalling the AO, though, it seems he's just as ungracious when on the losing end
It's just sad.
Roger has never come across to me as being disingenuous. It's only because he has been successful that people react with 'how dare he think he knows how it feels to have a close loss?' Which is truly odd reasoning and forgetting, moreover, the recent path of his career and the fightback to get to where he is. Which is, as the blog entry brought up, the real story of Fed's win.

refero*fervens is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 05:42 AM   #5
country flag tennis2tennis

tennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond repute

i like the baby federer shot
tennis2tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 06:22 AM   #6
country flag Rommella

Rommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond repute

Voiced my thoughts exactly. Love the bit about the nationalistic sour-graping.
Rommella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 03:04 PM   #7
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the link
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 03:11 PM   #8
country flag fnuf7

fnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond repute

with the writer, he pretty much managed to sum up everything I've been thinking recently but am too inarticulate to actually say in the right way.

Great post

Roger Federer

Always a fan, no matter what
fnuf7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 01:12 AM   #9
country flag Celaeno

Celaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnuf7 View Post
with the writer, he pretty much managed to sum up everything I've been thinking recently but am too inarticulate to actually say in the right way.

Great post
she

and I totally agree, I'm so happy she took the time and effort to put down all of her thoughts, and in doing so provide such a strong, eloquent voice for all of us fans who were perhaps feeling it hard to speak up for him
Celaeno is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 02:08 AM   #10
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute

Can someone explain to me why Roddick didn't get flack for not stopping to talk with John McEnroe after the match? Roger did last year (video is in my sig). Not for long, but he did stop. Now I have no problem with Roddick doing as little media as possible. In fact I would've had no problem if he started bawling on court like Roger did at AO. I just don't like the double standard. Had Roddick won last Sunday and Roger snubbed McEnroe you know damn good and well he'd have been raked over the coals for it.

What I love about this piece is the author reminds us that Nadal said almost the exact same thing to Roger last year. Did anyone complain about that? Of course not.

I'm sick of this populist PC drivel coming from the media. They paint an image of Roger that never existed in order to claim he's a different person now - that success, Nike and Anna Wintour have changed him. The opening paragraph in Wertheim's SI piece on Wimbledon is not about the match but about Roger's wife and the influence she's had on him. So because of Mirka Roger went from boy --> man; cut his hair and started shaving. Ooh that's really change for the worse.

Thankfully the majority of tennis/sports fans don't subscribe to the crap Wertheim and Bozo have been spewing.

Thank you Nick for taking out the trash at Wimbledon!
nobama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 09:43 PM   #11
country flag Minnie

Minnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond repute

I am absolutely staggered that so much has been made of "that" jacket ... I don't read much of the crap that the media write and having just seen some of the last comments here, am pretty glad I don't! Perhaps Roger's comment about knowing how it feels to lose a hard fought final wouldn't have been made so much of if A-Rod hadn't said what he did. I assume no one has said that A-Rod sounded bitter?

And assume no one remarked last year how "over the top" Nadal's celebrations were .. they made me reach for the sick bag to be honest and I'm proud that Roger cares enough about the feelings for his opponents that he has said he would never do anything similar.

How sad that the American media are sick in their hats that "their man" no longer holds the slam record .. but as a Brit it makes me laugh my head off (with apologies to those Americans here who know better!).
Minnie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 06:47 PM   #12
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic blog entry indeed, thanks for posting the link.

It's pretty incredible how much sour graping there is from a certain contigent of 'tennis fans', as that's what I think it is. They will literally pull out anything from the basket to bash Roger.
Very easy, if you don't even bother to get your facts right before doing the bashing.

Fortunately, it. does. not. matter.
All that matters is = # 15

Suck on it, Haters.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 11:30 PM   #13
country flag cath777

cath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for posting that If only I had the talent to express those thoughts so eloquently. To the writer
cath777 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 12:16 AM   #14
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute

Roddick had one of the hardest draws in the history of Tennis. His lowest ranked player was 41. He has to be gutted. The tennis gods have not been kind to him at Wimbly.
JediFed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 10:45 PM   #15
country flag fedfannnnnnn
Banned!

fedfannnnnnn has a reputation beyond reputefedfannnnnnn has a reputation beyond reputefedfannnnnnn has a reputation beyond reputefedfannnnnnn has a reputation beyond reputefedfannnnnnn has a reputation beyond reputefedfannnnnnn has a reputation beyond reputefedfannnnnnn has a reputation beyond reputefedfannnnnnn has a reputation beyond reputefedfannnnnnn has a reputation beyond reputefedfannnnnnn has a reputation beyond reputefedfannnnnnn has a reputation beyond repute

There was absolutely NOTHING wrong with the 15 jacket. It was just a teeny 15 in the corner. It's not like he had a huge glittering 15 SLAMS, along with a large gold shiny #1 and an "IN Your Face Rafa" written on his jacket.
fedfannnnnnn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote