Roger Federer to be a Dad!!! - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-13-2009, 02:25 AM   #61
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roger Federer to be a Dad!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dream View Post
Apparently he decided to rather drop the News Bomb on his site first. Which is pretty nice. Boy, I wonder how many weeks he's spent biting his nails to tell the news to the world!

Good question - well as long as Gasquet continues to fail to deliver, I guess the name should be abandoned soon.

Hee, I'm still over-the-moon about this news. As long as Roger and Mirka don't decide to call the kid 'Roland' as someone in GM suggested... good one, though.
Roland!!

I seriously hope it's not one of those weird celebrity names, the ones that make you cringe, literally.

How about Roger? Seriously can't think of a better name if it's a boy
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2009, 02:27 AM   #62
country flag lunahielo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

lunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityfed View Post

And a different question...will the "Baby Fed" Gasquet nickname be totally aborted now ?
Great question???

Seat #19 on the Federer Express
lunahielo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 02:38 AM   #63
country flag yanchr

yanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations to them.

But I have the same worry as some here. I have no doubt about Roger's motivation about tennis at all. But, what I see is that Roger is a quite family type guy who attaches great importance to his family. He will absolutely make a great dad which only raises the possibility that he would put family/kids over tennis in the years to come. It might bring inspiration to him initially but in the long run, I will be very surprised that it won't be a distraction to his tennis and career.

I can see he is very happy about the coming baby. That's good to see. I want him to be happy, but call me selfish if you want, at the end of the day his life has nothing to do with me/us. As a fan, I want to watch him play tennis, and good tennis, and win more slams, and play for a long time. Anything that prevents that from happening can't be good news to me personally.

Of course, it's too early to judge what this change will bring to his career, but I just can't be happy now.
yanchr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 02:43 AM   #64
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

I'll leave you all with this quote:

Quote:
Nothing can ever demotivate me,” Federer said in preparation for his first tournament in six weeks, the BNP Paribas Open — where the desert has been a hospitable host, as three successive titles from 2004 testify. The Swiss has won 14 Masters events — a number that he insists will not become a grand-slam tournament bogey.
Night all . Don't worry, take his word for it
Old 03-13-2009, 02:48 AM   #65
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Roland!!

I seriously hope it's not one of those weird celebrity names, the ones that make you cringe, literally.

How about Roger? Seriously can't think of a better name if it's a boy
haha, yeah, no 'Cruz' or something the like.
Well I wouldn't be all too surprised if they name him Robert, after Roger's dad, in case it's a boy. I'd like to see that, as Roger's dad is such a very nice person himself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanchr View Post
Congratulations to them.

But I have the same worry as some here. I have no doubt about Roger's motivation about tennis at all. But, what I see is that Roger is a quite family type guy who attaches great importance to his family. He will absolutely make a great dad which only raises the possibility that he would put family/kids over tennis in the years to come. It might bring inspiration to him initially but in the long run, I will be very surprised that it won't be a distraction to his tennis and career.

I can see he is very happy about the coming baby. That's good to see. I want him to be happy, but call me selfish if you want, at the end of the day his life has nothing to do with me/us. As a fan, I want to watch him play tennis, and good tennis, and win more slams, and play for a long time. Anything that prevents that from happening can't be good news to me personally.

Of course, it's too early to judge what this change will bring to his career, but I just can't be happy now.
Ah... there's surely a part of me that understands your fears all too well, and I can only hope being right on my optimistic point-of-view right now. We just can't tell now, but the fact that he looks extremely happy right now just gives me good hope that he won't be leaving us soon.

Quote:
I'll leave you all with this quote:

Night all . Don't worry, take his word for it
I'd like to... a lot. But Roger has his ways of fooling us all once in a while, hasn't he? Okay enough with the Doomsday Scenario. Sleep well!

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 02:53 AM   #66
country flag mangoes
Comparisons are Odious

mangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to Roger and Mirka.........this is such beautiful news.

Selfishly, I hope this doesn't mean that no. 14 is out of the question

Live Life to the Fullest , Be Happy , Find Peace within Yourself ..................
Tennis Helps!!
mangoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 03:14 AM   #67
country flag Rommella

Rommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dream View Post
Hee, I'm still over-the-moon about this news. As long as Roger and Mirka don't decide to call the kid 'Roland' as someone in GM suggested... good one, though.
Awww, great news for the couple. For some reason, I've always liked the name Raphael but imagine how it would be for the baby if he carries that name and the specter of 20 grand slams and counting.
Rommella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 03:21 AM   #68
country flag emmz

emmz has a reputation beyond reputeemmz has a reputation beyond reputeemmz has a reputation beyond reputeemmz has a reputation beyond reputeemmz has a reputation beyond reputeemmz has a reputation beyond reputeemmz has a reputation beyond reputeemmz has a reputation beyond reputeemmz has a reputation beyond reputeemmz has a reputation beyond reputeemmz has a reputation beyond repute

Who cares about Roger in this situation? Imagine being Mirka. All of a sudden she's under all this pressure to deliver a child in front of the world from just being a gf trundling around behind him all these years.
emmz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 03:24 AM   #69
country flag refero*fervens

refero*fervens has a reputation beyond reputerefero*fervens has a reputation beyond reputerefero*fervens has a reputation beyond reputerefero*fervens has a reputation beyond reputerefero*fervens has a reputation beyond reputerefero*fervens has a reputation beyond reputerefero*fervens has a reputation beyond reputerefero*fervens has a reputation beyond reputerefero*fervens has a reputation beyond reputerefero*fervens has a reputation beyond reputerefero*fervens has a reputation beyond repute

Wowowow. Congratulations to Roger and Mirka! I'm sure Rog'll make a great dad.

I think it's only natural to step back and question how this might impact on his career. But I am happy for them. What news.

refero*fervens is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 03:39 AM   #70
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Roger and Mirka

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 05:30 AM   #71
country flag soraya

soraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond repute

I am happy for both of them. At the end of the day a baby is far more important than any GS or any record. A baby fed in july or in august...that is exciting. I feel like an aunt...anxiously waiting for the big day.
"Champions aren’t made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill.”- Muhammad Ali“

————————————
soraya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:13 AM   #72
country flag gertie

gertie has a reputation beyond reputegertie has a reputation beyond reputegertie has a reputation beyond reputegertie has a reputation beyond reputegertie has a reputation beyond reputegertie has a reputation beyond reputegertie has a reputation beyond reputegertie has a reputation beyond reputegertie has a reputation beyond reputegertie has a reputation beyond reputegertie has a reputation beyond repute

congrats to them...part of me though agrees with the others, im scared to think about how this is gunna impact on his career but i guess i'm happy that he's happy...
gertie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:32 AM   #73
country flag Mrs. B
MY BOY HAS 17 GRAND SLAMS

Mrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by soraya View Post
I am happy for both of them. At the end of the day a baby is far more important than any GS or any record. A baby fed in july or in august...that is exciting. I feel like an aunt...anxiously waiting for the big day.
my thoughts, exactly!

its big news here, even woke me up this morning when the radio alarm went off!

FRENCH KISS
Mrs. B is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:06 AM   #74
country flag Spirit_fire

Spirit_fire has a reputation beyond reputeSpirit_fire has a reputation beyond reputeSpirit_fire has a reputation beyond reputeSpirit_fire has a reputation beyond reputeSpirit_fire has a reputation beyond reputeSpirit_fire has a reputation beyond reputeSpirit_fire has a reputation beyond reputeSpirit_fire has a reputation beyond reputeSpirit_fire has a reputation beyond reputeSpirit_fire has a reputation beyond reputeSpirit_fire has a reputation beyond repute

ohh I hope the baby is born on my b'day...
9th of July is my official pick!
Spirit_fire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:19 AM   #75
country flag tennis2tennis

tennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond repute

what are the odds on all the camera's continously panning to Mirka's stomach every time she stood up in the stands/ or next to him in practice sessions??
tennis2tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote