Roger Federer to be a Dad!!! - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-13-2009, 12:54 AM   #46
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roger Federer to be a Dad!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityfed View Post
Cheer up You don't know how it's going to affect his career, so no need to be pessimistic about it all. Just wait and see.

I personally think it's great news. After all it is his life and he is really happy by the looks of things. If Rogi starts losing day in day out and doesn't win a title this year, then I think we could question and start speculating the reasons. But the truth is he hasn't played for 6 weeks. All I am saying is don't count the eggs before they've hatched (is that the saying btw ?), i.e. wait and see how it turns out and then judge. I am sure he will be fine, after all Roger is so passionate about Tennis, and getting a baby will not change his motivations of that I am sure. He has set himself a target of staying on the tour for as long as possible, and in the meantime his life has to continue.
Well said!
And somehow, to me, he looks happier now than I've seen him in the past six months or so. Might of course be because I'm so happy for him now, and in fact, the possibility of me looking through some pink-coloured glasses can't be ruled out.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2009, 01:00 AM   #47
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dream View Post
Well said!
And somehow, to me, he looks happier now than I've seen him in the past six months or so. Might of course be because I'm so happy for him now, and in fact, the possibility of me looking through some pink-coloured glasses can't be ruled out.
No he does look really happy . Look no further than the spark in his eye in those pictures . The message he wrote was full of joyful and expressive words . I am sure he is very excited to be Papa Federer soon, and I know that with children comes sleepless nights bundles of joy and that really could be an additional inspirational factor if you like.

His happiness is contagious too. I haven't stopped smiling since I found out
Old 03-13-2009, 01:20 AM   #48
country flag Obey.my.dreamz

Obey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond repute

hahahaha nice one ,.. now when we see little rogies run all over the place,.. gonna be so funny (=
i wonder what name they'll gonna give,.. and whats the gender anyway?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3330/...fb6fcba8_m.jpg
Obey.my.dreamz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 01:30 AM   #49
country flag Blondie1985

Blondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so happy for him!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-13-2009, 01:45 AM   #50
country flag EternalxJourney

EternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond repute

Guys, please don't hang me for asking this but what does this pregnancy mean for Roger's tennis career? Would he take a paternity leave after birth? How would this affect his concentration on the court? I'd always thought Roger would retire from the tour before starting a family but I guess life doesn't always turn out the way you planned.

I feel like a bad fan because I'm not exactly over the moon about the news although I have not a single doubt in my mind that Roger is gonna make a fantastic father. I just hope this doesn't derail his ambition to get #14.

If my post offended anyone, I apologize in advance.
EternalxJourney is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 01:50 AM   #51
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalxJourney View Post
Guys, please don't hang me for asking this but what does this pregnancy mean for Roger's tennis career? Would he take a paternity leave after birth? How would this affect his concentration on the court? I'd always thought Roger would retire from the tour before starting a family but I guess life doesn't always turn out the way you planned.

I feel like a bad fan because I'm not exactly over the moon about the news although I have not a single doubt in my mind that Roger is gonna make a fantastic father. I just hope this doesn't derail his ambition to get #14.

Not offended at all... but disagreeing with your fears.
Of course, we don't know which effect this will have on his career.
But to me 1) he now looks very happy, 2) if his tennis wasn't that important anymore, would he have broken down like he did in that AO trophy presentation?
Even more 3) this might well take away a lot of pressure on the whole GOAT, #1 and [CENSORED PLAYER NAME] -business he's had to deal with the past few months/years. Might bring back some enjoyment of his game!

So, I am positive that he WILL get that #14, and perhaps even more.

(you can quote this post of mine when he does - and even when he decides to call it quits within a few months, and I'll hang my head in shame for being such a terrible optimist! )

Anathema

Old 03-13-2009, 01:51 AM   #52
country flag Blondie1985

Blondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope Roger doesnt leave us... i'm not prepraed lol.... i'll quit tennis when he leaves
Old 03-13-2009, 01:59 AM   #53
country flag RogersHardCandy

RogersHardCandy has a reputation beyond reputeRogersHardCandy has a reputation beyond reputeRogersHardCandy has a reputation beyond reputeRogersHardCandy has a reputation beyond reputeRogersHardCandy has a reputation beyond reputeRogersHardCandy has a reputation beyond reputeRogersHardCandy has a reputation beyond reputeRogersHardCandy has a reputation beyond reputeRogersHardCandy has a reputation beyond reputeRogersHardCandy has a reputation beyond reputeRogersHardCandy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by biological View Post

I know it's bad of me but I'm so totally jealous right now.

I have to quote this, i'm sorry.
Btw i'm happy for all the Mirka-haters ahah
Wow Federer family

Twitter http://twitter.com/ClaySeason
if you're on Twitter tell me and I'll add you back

Roger Federer THE GOAT * Poor Rafatards
My Tennis Graphic LiveJournal
RogersHardCandy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 02:02 AM   #54
country flag wackykid

wackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond repute

congrats roger and mirka!!! now i see why roger hasn't been living up to expectations lately... his focus is elsewhere...

and... err... now with the baby... when is roger going to marry mirka...??

regards,
wacky
wackykid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 02:03 AM   #55
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalxJourney View Post

The way I see it is that Mirka will be the person mainly in charge of bringing up the child i.e. probably less travel around the world with Rog. She is older than him after all and Roger has time and time again stated that he wants to play on tour whilst he is well into his 30's (around 35, can't remember exactly). So by the time Roger retires, Mirka would be older than she would probably prefer to be a mum. At 30 now I think is the perfect age for her to be full of energy and for Baby Fed to grow up with a mother that is not toooo much older than him or her.

I can't see why it would derail his ambition, if anything it would give him more inspiration and he will certainly find the joy of the sort he has never felt before. Why not let him feel that happiness? I think a lot of people have overreacted pessimistically if I am honest, I don't feel its appropriate to be even judging him like that. The thing that saddens me is that people are actually still questioning his passion for tennis. His tears at the AO for both his wins and losses shows you how much it means to him and would take a super gigantic miracle to make Rogi hate what he has been all about for nearly all his life.

From what I have seen, Roger is a very happy man at the moment. And for that I am so thankful. Didn't think I'd see the sparkle in his eye back again this soon after that painful loss. It is easy to feel selfish about it all, but I believe Roger deserves to have a beautiful life off court as well. Tennis shouldn't mean the end of your own life, and your own life shouldn't mean the end of tennis. Same applies to every profession.

Roger is special, very special and he is not about to give up his motivations now.

Don't worry
Old 03-13-2009, 02:09 AM   #56
country flag MalwareDie

MalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond repute

May Roger's child be born with good health.

I don't think having a child will affect his game negatively. He seems much happier than he has been for a while. And probably more motivated because he will want to his kid to witness him win a Slam.
MalwareDie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 02:13 AM   #57
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalwareDie View Post
May Roger's child be born with good health.

I don't think having a child will affect his game negatively. He seems much happier than he has been for a while. And probably more motivated because he will want to his kid to witness him win a Slam.
Thanks, I agree with Nadine, I've seen too much negativity on the possible effects on his career already as well, and I fully agree with your observations.

No doubt there are already plenty hata's dancing on their tables at the thought of him retiring soon. Hey, didn't they already claim he was 'finished'? Apparently, not-too-convinced about that they were... grabbing onto every straw that might indicate the Roger!Danger is over.

Can't wait to see Happy!Roger knock out the **** of all of his opponents in IW.

Anathema

Old 03-13-2009, 02:16 AM   #58
country flag wackykid

wackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalwareDie View Post
i think from now until a couple of months after delivery of his baby he might be distracted from tennis... so it might affect his game during this period of time... but after that... he'll refocus and have new motivation to win more slams... that can only be a good thing...

regards,
wacky
wackykid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 02:17 AM   #59
country flag Dini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dream View Post
Thanks, I agree with Nadine, I've seen too much negativity on the possible effects on his career already as well, and I fully agree with your observations.

No doubt there are already plenty hata's dancing on their tables at the thought of him retiring soon. Hey, didn't they already claim he was 'finished'? Apparently, not-too-convinced about that they were... grabbing onto every straw that might indicate the Roger!Danger is over.

Can't wait to see Happy!Roger knock out the **** of all of his opponents in IW.

Probably off topic but why didn't Rogi announce this yesterday in the press conference ?

And a different question...will the "Baby Fed" Gasquet nickname be totally aborted now ?
Old 03-13-2009, 02:21 AM   #60
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityfed View Post
Probably off topic but why didn't Rogi announce this yesterday in the press conference ?
Apparently he decided to rather drop the News Bomb on his site first. Which is pretty nice. Boy, I wonder how many weeks he's spent biting his nails to tell the news to the world!

Quote:
And a different question...will the "Baby Fed" Gasquet nickname be totally aborted now ?
Good question - well as long as Gasquet continues to fail to deliver, I guess the name should be abandoned soon.

Hee, I'm still over-the-moon about this news. As long as Roger and Mirka don't decide to call the kid 'Roland' as someone in GM suggested... good one, though.

Anathema