Roger Federer to be a Dad!!! - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-12-2009, 09:20 PM   #31
country flag Spirit_fire

Spirit_fire has a reputation beyond reputeSpirit_fire has a reputation beyond reputeSpirit_fire has a reputation beyond reputeSpirit_fire has a reputation beyond reputeSpirit_fire has a reputation beyond reputeSpirit_fire has a reputation beyond reputeSpirit_fire has a reputation beyond reputeSpirit_fire has a reputation beyond reputeSpirit_fire has a reputation beyond reputeSpirit_fire has a reputation beyond reputeSpirit_fire has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roger Federer to be a Dad!!!

I'm so happy for Roger and Mirka. This news was great to wake up to.

Rogi will be an excellent father.
Spirit_fire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2009, 09:21 PM   #32
country flag biological

biological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond repute

totally speechless

how did I not see this coming? congrats to them both

I know it's bad of me but I'm so totally jealous right now.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:23 PM   #33
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit_fire View Post
I'm so happy for Roger and Mirka. This news was great to wake up to.

Rogi will be an excellent father.
Seconded, I hope though that his fans don't go down the pessimistic attitude road. I am sure he is still fully focussed and as Karin said this may make him more relaxed and give him that extra inspiration.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:28 PM   #34
country flag Jelena

Jelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond repute

Great news. Congrats to both and may God give them wisdom to raise the child.

favourites in other sports: Bolo Zenden, Bobo Gille and Tiago Camilo

A link to positive and encouraging music: K-Love My blog in German
Mikey, you're missed
on a mission
Jelena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:41 PM   #35
country flag Rita

Rita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond repute

RIP Rita and Roger secret love affair

Rogelio no complain he good boy no?

Rita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:44 PM   #36
country flag neenah

neenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so happy for them.
neenah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:31 PM   #37
country flag rofe

rofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dream View Post
This is just one way to look at it. It might also just be the other way round: being more relaxed and enjoying playing more, in stead of being so focussed on record breaking, getting to GOAT status, constantly having to deal with the immense pressure and expectations, and the like. It might just bring back a much needed relaxed attitude to the game.

We'll have to wait and see how it all pans out. It's different for everyone.
Being too relaxed means that he is going to lose. He needs some adrenaline to win the big ones and that is only going to flow if he has some level of stress and a strong belief that tennis is his only focus. Believe me, I would love for Roger to perfectly balance a new baby in his life with winning slams but my own experience and the experience of pro players who became dads tells a different story.

Anyway, I will continue watching his game like I have been doing for the past several years.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:43 PM   #38
country flag Eden
Proud to be your fan

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

I'm very happy for Mirka and Roger, who have been together for so many years
Hopefully Mirka will continue to have an uncomplicated pregnancy.

We have to wait and see what this news will mean for Roger's career, but what do all tennisvictories and records count compared with a child who will accompany you for a whole life?

Mirka and Roger will surely be wonderful parents
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:46 PM   #39
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofe View Post
Being too relaxed means that he is going to lose. He needs some adrenaline to win the big ones and that is only going to flow if he has some level of stress and a strong belief that tennis is his only focus. Believe me, I would love for Roger to perfectly balance a new baby in his life with winning slams but my own experience and the experience of pro players who became dads tells a different story.
And I just think you're too negative on this. Being more relaxed doesn't necessarily mean too relaxed.
And if you think that tennis isn't his main focus anymore... well would he have broken out into tears at losing the AO final, if he didn't mind it any longer? I highly doubt it. But well I'm a rather positive person, and I live by the rule 'it ain't over till it's over...'

Like I said it's different for all. I have indeed seen people lose their focus on things that were important to them before when they started having kids - but I've also seen the exact opposite happening, people finding new inspiration to finally get hold of their goals.

Quote:
Anyway, I will continue watching his game like I have been doing for the past several years.
Of course! When Edberg called it quits I thought I'd never watch the game anymore... and look what happened thereafter.
Even if one thinks the current bunch plays boring tennis, once in a while there will be someone appearing on the scene again that does manage to attract our attention again.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:00 PM   #40
country flag Celaeno

Celaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond repute

My goodness.

Big congratulations to Roger and Mirka, I'm sure they'll be incredible parents
Celaeno is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:00 PM   #41
country flag clever1980

clever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok.. I am cool with this unexpected news now. Roger and Mirka!
clever1980 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:21 PM   #42
country flag LinkMage

LinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond repute

I can't be too happy with this news, but congrats to them.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:26 PM   #43
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute

All I can say is anyone who is a fan and can't be happy with this news is a selfish bastard. This is Roger's life. It's not about us getting to see him break Sampras's record.

Thank you Nick for taking out the trash at Wimbledon!
nobama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:31 PM   #44
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkMage View Post
I can't be too happy with this news, but congrats to them.
Cheer up You don't know how it's going to affect his career, so no need to be pessimistic about it all. Just wait and see.

I personally think it's great news. After all it is his life and he is really happy by the looks of things. If Rogi starts losing day in day out and doesn't win a title this year, then I think we could question and start speculating the reasons. But the truth is he hasn't played for 6 weeks. All I am saying is don't count the eggs before they've hatched (is that the saying btw ?), i.e. wait and see how it turns out and then judge. I am sure he will be fine, after all Roger is so passionate about Tennis, and getting a baby will not change his motivations of that I am sure. He has set himself a target of staying on the tour for as long as possible, and in the meantime his life has to continue.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:44 PM   #45
country flag lunahielo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

lunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinhood View Post
No wonder his back was hurting!!

:
That's one of the first things I thought!

Seat #19 on the Federer Express
lunahielo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote