The chat-thread for lovers of other sports - Everyone welcome - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-20-2009, 11:36 AM   #106
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The chat-thread for lovers of other sports - Everyone welcome

Isabelle you love Moto GP,please tell me more,I do too Who is your favourite rider? I amabout Dani Pedrosa. The British race doesn't clash with any tennis this year so I can go

Ellen I wondered about how you would react to that new rule in F1. Totally agree with your views.money is killing so many sports right now. Its having an impact on Moto GP too,they're going to cut down practice sessions
Don't feel guilty about not wanting to go to watch Lokeren You're very loyal to them,sometimes its difficult to be fired up for every game,especially at this stage of the season,its a drain on the emotions

I feel like not going to Birmingham this weekend to watch Norwich,cos they're doing so well,2nd in the League. But there aren't many games left,my team needs me for the battle for survival in the Championship. We got hit by a suspension to Darel Russell for 2 games and Wes Hoolahan has to sit out the rest of the season,his ankle is damaged But we have at least 700 fans going to Birmingham tomorrow and it'll be great to be part of that. We're facing a guy who used to play with us,the guy who broke Eduardo's leg(Martin Taylor) His kids wear Norwich shirts but he says he's a true blue

Yesterday we signed an enemy We signed Alan Lee who was playing for our rivals Ipswich until recently. He's come from Crystal Palace,and he'll be with us until the end of the season. He can get the goals that keep us up and err leave by the nearest exit door and quickly

Our final home game vs Reading is live on TV. Its been switched from Saturday 25th April to the Monday evening. Now I really amyet excited I'm going through so many emotions already thinking of that match We need 3 wins before then. Should we get them I think we'll be safe from relegation.

Thanks for the nice words about the pic of me Ellen and Eimear Facebook,we'll see I am registered on there,but thats it So far I have only logged in to look at nice tennis picture albums

Cheering forNole Gilles Tomas Dima Grisha Delpo Stan Fed Nando GGL Domi
Thanks for the memories Juan Carlos!

Anci Petra Maria Sharapova Sabine Thanks for the memories Kim
Norwich City Football Club
but-it's-ok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2009, 12:21 PM   #107
country flag isabelle86

isabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchett View Post
Isabelle you love Moto GP,please tell me more,I do too Who is your favourite rider? I amabout Dani Pedrosa. The British race doesn't clash with any tennis this year so I can go
Hi Di!!! of course I do, moto gp is very poular in Spain! , there are 3 races in the claendar, I always go to Montmelo, it's the biggest sporting event in Catalonia, more than 130 000 spectators on sunday, the atmosphere is unbeliable, some of my friends are motogp fanatics...and yes; Pedrosa is my fave spanish rider of course!! , I admire a lot Rossi, who doesn't? and Bautista and Elias are very cool guys also. Don't know what to say about Pedrosa, he has a very difficult personality to describe, if you are interested I'll give you my thoughts about him, it's not easy. He is under big pressure to be the next big Spanish champion and with Rossi and Stoner around it's not easy. Pedrosa and Lorenzo are like night and day. Are you going to Donington Park? so cool!! I like the track and the atmosphere a lot, you'll have plenty of fun. moto gp fans are different!

Edit: in your sig, seems you like some spanish players and you pick the friendliest!
why do you like Valencia CF? I don't follow football. Who is Martinez?

Last edited by isabelle86 : 03-20-2009 at 12:27 PM.
isabelle86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:35 PM   #108
country flag isabelle86

isabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellen_;8305840
[B
Isabelle[/b], you like cycling! There are not much cycling fans here Do you support a particular team or rider? I'm a Team Saxo Bank fan. It's really sad what happened to the reputation of Spanish riders btw I like Sastre, Contador and Pereiro Sio but everyone gives me a "you must be kidding"-look when I tell that. I hate it.

And I gotta talk about the new F1 rules... The one who wins the most GP's becomes worldchamp. WTF? I hate that stinky rule, it just puts the teams with the best cars (read: more money) in the advantage AGAIN. Grrrrr

People, big news: I'm NOT going to watch my football team this week I'm doubting already though, I feel awful when I let them down.
Hi Ellen! I am surprised, I thought cycling was very popular in Belgium, Merckx....In Spain it's one of the sevent big sports, we have some good riders: I love Contador! he is one of my idols now! he has a great story behind! he almost lost his life in an horror crash some years ago. I agree about the comments you made, there are too many cheaters in clycling but I also believe the antidoping controls are gret and sadly the stages of the nig races are insane for the riders.
I don't follow F1, but I agree, it's not about who wins more, it's about who is more consistent, I guess they want to make f1 more popular, it's quite boring with almost not overtaking.

Which is your fave club? Anderlecht?
Old 03-20-2009, 12:38 PM   #109
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Isabelle

Dani does have a different personality thats for sure. He's slowly becoming a more outgoing person. He's so small,I sometimes think that has something to do with the way he projects himself. I do remember him showing his emotions when he wins races,but of course he's never going to be a showman like Rossi. His team are very protective of him. Some guys just do their work and go home I love him for his courage and he is nice in person I him.

Bautista He's like I want Dani to be personality wise. I also like Casey Stoner. Jorge,the lollipop man. Sete Gibernau is back in Moto GP this year,the old rivalry between he and Rossi is alive again. Cant wait for that. Elias doesn't have much luck does he

I have been to Valencia circuit Such a great circuit,those fireworks Fabulous atmosphere. I would love to go to Jerez and Catalunya circuits too.

Yes I'll be going to Donington Park. I've been a couple of times. Its either pouring with rain or too hot I like the track and atmosphere,but the food isn't so good. I want to go to the Day of Champions there again this year.

I follow Valencia because of David Villa. I fell in love with Valencia when I visited the city on holiday a few years ago. I have pictures which I will post some time They're falling on hard times,they are struggling financially.

Roberto Martinez. He is a football manager,who played for many English clubs prior to that. He has played for Wigan,Walsall and Swansea. He now manages Swansea, and took them up a division last season. I am very impressed with the way he coaches football,his passion and desire to succeed. The way he speaks English is just gorgeous I'll find a video of him

Last edited by patchett : 03-20-2009 at 12:51 PM.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:56 PM   #110
country flag isabelle86

Dani is very shy and very serious but he can also be very funny!
as you said he is small and it's more diicult for him but his work rate is excellent! and he is talented! Yes, he is the guy of the team, everybody loves him! and he is hot, don't you think?

Bautista is the coolest! I can not stand Lorenzo, sorry, he has a bitter rivalry with Pedrosa.
Ste is back, he had an amazing tradition in his family and now he is focused after finishing dating and plannnig a wedding with model Cañadas.

I love the races when it rains, it's bad for the spectators but you can see real action and crazy.
I have also been to Cheste, the last time for a concert! it's a great place!
Old 03-20-2009, 01:16 PM   #111
country flag but-it's-ok

Dani is VERY hot I'm glad you like him so much Isabelle

Jorge and Dani definitely don't get on,its easy to see why. I remember a 250cc race when Jorge barged Dani and left Dani with his exhaust hanging off and yet he still finished the race and won Dani had a big smile on his face that day at the top of the rostrum The camera went inside Jorge's garage and caught his very slightly guilty expression

Jorge does amuse me with the lollipops though,but I don't like him as a rider.

I dread thebecause Dani doesn't like riding in it,it makes him extra cautious,although he is improving this too.

I hope he makes the opening race in Losail,he had a crash in testing recently and his knee is injured again. He won't be able to start to bend his knee until a week before the race they say

Old 03-20-2009, 01:35 PM   #112
country flag ellen_

ellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by isabelle86 View Post
Hi Ellen! I am surprised, I thought cycling was very popular in Belgium, Merckx....In Spain it's one of the sevent big sports, we have some good riders: I love Contador! he is one of my idols now! he has a great story behind! he almost lost his life in an horror crash some years ago. I agree about the comments you made, there are too many cheaters in clycling but I also believe the antidoping controls are gret and sadly the stages of the nig races are insane for the riders.
I don't follow F1, but I agree, it's not about who wins more, it's about who is more consistent, I guess they want to make f1 more popular, it's quite boring with almost not overtaking.

Which is your fave club? Anderlecht?
Anderlecht??! I need a puke-smiley now I support Lokeren, the team of my home city. We're a modest, small, nice, mediocre club but at least we're not as arrogant as Anderlecht or any of the other big clubs in first league.

I meant there weren't much cycling fans here on Gilles' forum. Cycling is the most popular sport in Belgium! I know about Contador's life story, yes. He impresses me even more since I know about that.
"Sometimes you are embarrassed by how you are playing. Sometimes you want to be there, sometimes you want to go home. Sometimes you are fighting hard and sometimes you are fighting yourself." - Ernests Gulbis

To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle - Buddha
ellen_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 01:47 PM   #113
country flag isabelle86

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellen_ View Post
Anderlecht??! I need a puke-smiley now I support Lokeren, the team of my home city. We're a modest, small, nice, mediocre club but at least we're not as arrogant as Anderlecht or any of the other big clubs in first league.

I meant there weren't much cycling fans here on Gilles' forum. Cycling is the most popular sport in Belgium! I know about Contador's life story, yes. He impresses me even more since I know about that.
LOL! I just said Anderlecht because it's the most famous club, didn't know about Anderlecht being arrogant. I like a lot you root for your local club and does not matter if they are small! For you, imho it's the best! I don't follow football at all, not la liga or the champions league, only watch matches with other friends but not really interest.

I like cycling a lot! I always do 3 hours at least in the gym and then in weekends I go to places with my friends. Keep me in shape! it's very funny and you meet very healthy and nice people!
Old 03-20-2009, 04:01 PM   #114
country flag gwumwen

gwumwen has a reputation beyond reputegwumwen has a reputation beyond reputegwumwen has a reputation beyond reputegwumwen has a reputation beyond reputegwumwen has a reputation beyond reputegwumwen has a reputation beyond reputegwumwen has a reputation beyond reputegwumwen has a reputation beyond reputegwumwen has a reputation beyond reputegwumwen has a reputation beyond reputegwumwen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Time to hide behind the curtains folks Did someone want me to put a pic of myself up here?

WANTED FOR QUESTIONING Well you can always admire my Norwich City T shirt, and the special blue adidas hoody on the back of my chair instead

OK
Please dont tell me you have removed the attachments already, Di... I wanna see your pic but I can't see anything in the attachment. It's just a pure technical problem of the forum and it will be fine later so I can see your pic, am I right? Please tell me I am....
gwumwen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:01 PM   #115
country flag but-it's-ok

Don't worry Joey I haven't removed the pic,there indeed a technical problem with attachments on MTF at the moment. One minute I can see the photo,next time it looks its gone altogether It might show up again soon,but don't count on it in this place

Old 03-20-2009, 08:30 PM   #116
country flag ellen_

ellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by isabelle86 View Post
LOL! I just said Anderlecht because it's the most famous club, didn't know about Anderlecht being arrogant. I like a lot you root for your local club and does not matter if they are small! For you, imho it's the best! I don't follow football at all, not la liga or the champions league, only watch matches with other friends but not really interest.

I like cycling a lot! I always do 3 hours at least in the gym and then in weekends I go to places with my friends. Keep me in shape! it's very funny and you meet very healthy and nice people!
Very good. Unfortunately, I prefer to watch cycling in stead of doing it myself I would like it if I had to be the first who rides over a finishline and win a prize, but not when I just ride around without going anywhere I've been very lazy past winter but it's spring now so I should start with something again if I want to be in shape before RG

They postponed the point system change in F1 until 2010, because no one seems to agree No wonder, tsss.
"Sometimes you are embarrassed by how you are playing. Sometimes you want to be there, sometimes you want to go home. Sometimes you are fighting hard and sometimes you are fighting yourself." - Ernests Gulbis

To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle - Buddha
Old 03-21-2009, 11:25 AM   #117
country flag but-it's-ok

Hi everyone,whatever is your other sporting pleasure today,hope it turns out well for your team/Country

I'm off to Birmingham praying for a win for Norwich

Later

Old 03-21-2009, 11:48 AM   #118
country flag isabelle86

Hi Di! good luck for your club Norwich City at St.Andrews!

your knowledge of moto gp is awesome!!
Old 03-21-2009, 11:58 AM   #119
country flag ellen_

Quote:
Hi everyone,whatever is your other sporting pleasure today,hope it turns out well for your team/Country

I'm off to Birmingham praying for a win for Norwich

Later
Good luck Norwich!

I'm just going to watch our match at the pub. It's a 2h30 drive to Bergen and I'm not really into that It's always an awful match against Bergen anyway. At the pub might be more fun, but I still feel a bit guilty

Cycling - This afternoon I'm gonna watch Milan-Sanremo! Without Cancellara and Frank Schleck I hope Andy Schleck can do something, although the team is not complete without Fabian and Frank , but I'm tipping on Pozzato, Chavanel or Boonen!

Old 03-21-2009, 12:12 PM   #120
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute

More good luck to Norwich! And Lokeren!
My team needs a bit of good fortune today, we've got another six pointer, against Falkirk. I would usually be happy with a draw as we usually get done over by Falkirk but this one's too important. Come on the Caley Jags!!!
And Scotland v England in the rugby. I think we're going to get humped

Gillou ~~~~~ & ~~~~~ Andy
MsTree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote