The chat-thread for lovers of other sports - Everyone welcome - Page 39 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-28-2009, 09:42 PM   #571
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The chat-thread for lovers of other sports - Everyone welcome

Norwich are gonna be on TV,in the FA Cup 1st round against the lowest ranked team in the Cup We're taking on Paulton Rovers of the Southern League,Saturday 7th November - 12.45 kick-off time(at their 3,500 capacity Winterfield Road ground in Bristol.). Its on ITV,I'm not sure whether you'd be able to see that game Les

Everyone will hate us,the romance of the Cup and all that Why do we have to play the lowest team left in?

I don't like this draw cos I'm a romantic too!

Cheering forNole Gilles Tomas Dima Grisha Delpo Stan Fed Nando GGL Domi
Thanks for the memories Juan Carlos!

Anci Petra Maria Sharapova Sabine Thanks for the memories Kim
Norwich City Football Club
but-it's-ok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2009, 10:02 PM   #572
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be supporting the Canaries from afar At least Cody might get a game though

I'm going to Dingwall on the 7th to see us take on Ross County, the first away derby of the season (and apart from one cup game, the first for six seasons). I work for one of County's directors and he's been singing "We're top o the league and you're no" to me a few times so far but it's my birthday month (I'm so old I get a whole month to celebrate now) so we'd better be good!!! Our away form's no bad actually so I'm hopeful )

My birthday celebrations start ( on Sunday with Gillou in the final ) followed by Calvin Harris on Monday night, our derby away match the next weekend, (Gillou in the QFs of Paris on my actual birthday) then after a week to recover, (longer if he wins the final as Nat will have to peel me off the ceiling) brunch with you in London and a bit of tennis for afters There will also be a birthday poker night with the boys to fit in and I think I might still have room for another event or two

I forgot to post about Soccer AM - have you seen the clip yet? It was one of your boys who's sister is in the X factor, he's doing dares in return for publicity - at the weekend he was singing with about 5 other players as his backing band, can't remember what next week's dare is!!!
I recorded it but wiped it before I posted about it, wish I'd kept it now!!!

Gillou ~~~~~ & ~~~~~ Andy
MsTree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 08:29 AM   #573
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute

The Soccer AM thing,I finally saw it. My mates filled me in with all the gossip around that. Darel Russell would do anything for dares and publicity - he hasn't a hope of following his sister onto X-factor though!!!! His sister(Stage name Shar Russell - real name Charlene) and her group Miss Frank got knocked out of X-factor last weekend

Good luck to Caley vs Morton this afternoon

I'm off to Stockport later to support the Canaries.

You work with one of the Ross County directors I bet thats fun Lets hope its even better for you the next time you see him after that game

Hope your birthday celebrations go brilliantly Les,have loads of fun I cant wait until London

Old 10-31-2009, 09:43 AM   #574
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck today Di!

Just had a text ~ Mike Smith the flag stealer and singer chucker-outer has left the building!!! So my boycott is finally over. The fact I'm spending about 6 months of footie admission money for two days of tennis is neither here nor there I'll make it to a few games now

Hope Button gets a podium place tomorrow!

Old 11-01-2009, 08:18 AM   #575
country flag MsTree

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchett View Post
You work with one of the Ross County directors
Even worse, I work FOR one of the RCFC directors

WD Norwich for a good away win yesterday!!!
We humped Morton - AT HOME!!! - amazing!!!
Rooney hat trick
Although our Rooney is much better looking

Old 11-01-2009, 09:41 AM   #576
country flag but-it's-ok

Talking Re: The chat-thread for lovers of other sports - Everyone welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTree View Post
Even worse, I work FOR one of the RCFC directors

WD Norwich for a good away win yesterday!!!
We humped Morton - AT HOME!!! - amazing!!!
Rooney hat trick
Although our Rooney is much better looking
Oops sorry Les,I read less into that !! Working for one of them,OMG seriously,that must be very difficult,but you take banter well so thats all good But then I guess you have to You'll know what kind of stick to give him soon to counter the taunting he's given you for weeks Up the Caley Jags

Adam Well no contest,Wayne Rooney isn't blessed with good looks,but then neither am I

Thats the best news that Smith has gone,the nasty,horrible man!!. So you'll go to home matches again,I'm so pleased

We had a very difficult pitch to play on yesterday due to a rugby match taking place there on Friday night,in a crowd of just over 5,000 at Stockport our travelling army represented 1,200 of the total attendance

So given the conditions we did very well,we had no regular right back so Adam Drury dropped back there,(he made his 300th appearance for Norwich yesterday)

Grant Holt gave the Canaries the lead in the 16th minute when he headed home from Simon Lappin's free-kick, which goalkeeper Owain Fon Williams allowed to slip through his fingers.

Wes Hoolahan stretched our advantage after 69 minutes from the penalty spot after Chris Martin had been brought down by Paul Huntington.

A goal by Carl Baker, nine minutes from time, appearing to deflect off team-mate Peter Thompson, gave the hosts late hope.

Holt sealed victory when he tucked home a cross bysubstitute Cody McDonald in the final minute.

I'm happy we're winning away from home,thats the key if we're gonna push for promotion.

Last edited by patchett : 11-01-2009 at 09:49 AM.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:14 AM   #577
country flag MsTree

Aw Cody had an assist He'll be on the highlights
In your experience, is he better off the bench or is it time he got a start? He seems to have an impact even if he only gets 20 minutes, but then some players are best played like that!

Old 11-02-2009, 07:06 PM   #578
country flag but-it's-ok

And here are the brief highlights

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot..._2/8337109.stm

Cody is best off the bench right now,he's a bit injury/illness prone lately. However,even if he'd stayed fully fit so far this season,there's just too much of a queue in front of him for a place in the team right now. He would do a good job though if asked to play from the start,he's very direct and gives defenders nightmares. Its just great there is so much competition up front,even though Holt has 12 goals this season,he never rests on his laurels,he says he fears being dropped,which drives him and the rest of the team on because he's so inspirational

We're gonna put our strongest team out on Saturday for Paulton Rovers,but I am sure Cody will come on at some stage

Old 11-03-2009, 01:13 AM   #579
country flag MsTree

What a great assist! I Cody anyway but I particularly love it when a player goes all out for what seems a lost cause which results in a goal.
Thanks for the highlights Di

Old 11-05-2009, 11:56 AM   #580
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond repute

Pft, I'm over it.

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

Ron Paul for President 2012!
Scotso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 05:22 PM   #581
country flag MsTree

Poor Scotty

Old 11-05-2009, 06:59 PM   #582
country flag rtgy

rtgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotso View Post
Pft, I'm over it.

Scotty
rtgy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 08:22 PM   #583
country flag but-it's-ok

Scott!!

Enjoy the game tomorrow Les All the best in the Highland Derby,fling it all at em,up the Caley Jags

I am dreading our Cup game Everyone will want us to lose,whatever we do our part in proceedings won't be appreciated. Even worse then that we're on TV We're 12-1 on to win

Old 11-07-2009, 12:00 PM   #584
country flag MsTree

Odds like that are designed to jinx you

I'm off now, took me ages to dust off my scarf!

Good luck today Di!

Come on the Caley Jags!!!

Old 11-07-2009, 07:08 PM   #585
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond repute

Just tell me who I'm supposed to cheer for. I hope they have numbers on their backs.

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

Ron Paul for President 2012!
Scotso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote