The chat-thread for lovers of other sports - Everyone welcome - Page 26 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-05-2009, 08:10 AM   #376
country flag isabelle86

isabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The chat-thread for lovers of other sports - Everyone welcome

Thanks Ellen! I am in enemy territory. This weekend in Torino visiting friends, as you know Torino means Fiat.
Italia: we can combined all the serie a clubs and they are nothing compared to the love for the Scuderia, Ferrari is the team of Italy, there are banners and flags everywhere. Tifosi are concerned with the car and drivers.
don't need to mention I will root for Seba as always!
isabelle86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2009, 08:22 AM   #377
country flag ellen_

ellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond repute

Who loves the serie A clubs anyway? Not me! But maybe the Italians better watch some football today Sepang is a track for Ferrari but I'm afraid they will be very disappointed after the race

Did you see Seba's interview after the qualies? He's so adorable, always smiling even when he talked about the stupid 10-grid penalty. I like that boy. And I hope Fernando is feeling better already, poor thing.

Message to Lewser: BEHAVE

Tour de Flandres has officially started! I'm so nervous! Plus, our football match against Anderlecht tonight Plus F1, makes it one beautiful but stressful Sunday for me!
"Sometimes you are embarrassed by how you are playing. Sometimes you want to be there, sometimes you want to go home. Sometimes you are fighting hard and sometimes you are fighting yourself." - Ernests Gulbis

To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle - Buddha
ellen_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:28 AM   #378
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute

I am soooooo cross about yesterdays match In the 2nd half we had a goal disallowed,the 4th official said our striker David Mooney had fouled their keeper in scoring.. I have a video that seems to prove otherwise. Their defender appears to foul his own goalkeeper..Mooney never touched anyone. Three points gone because of THAT decision,at this stage of this season I have never left our ground so angry,almost in tears.

http://www.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/s...A21%3A32%3A720 To see the video just click on the play button.

Les,the squeaky bum thing Rafa Benitez needed a translation of that expression the other day when the press were talking to him about Fergie.

Those Scotland players,oh dear Caley Hearing that result cheered me up no end We're in that 'fashionable' 4th from bottom spot too

That Ivory Coast disaster,OMG Ellen your goalkeeper saw it all Why do they let games go on after such things happen?? Copa went to the hospital to visit the injured

Sorry about Niels,Ellen Breaking up is hard

Ellen thanks for your report These rule changes are indeedand dangerous. The rule makers are insane,not being able to use tyre heaters,that is madness It takes time for tyres to warm up...what are they thinking of?

Moto GP are making stupid rule changes too,this season. Electronic and hydraulic launch control systems and electronic suspension systems have been banned.

And riders will be allowed to use no more than five engines between the mid-season break and the end of the season. Engine changes only apply to Moto GP class,rather than 125cc/250cc.

No Free Practice sessions,just qualifying which is going to be shorter 45 minutes rather than an hour Thats in all classes.

Ellen I hope today goes well for you on all sporting fronts

Cheering forNole Gilles Tomas Dima Grisha Delpo Stan Fed Nando GGL Domi
Thanks for the memories Juan Carlos!

Anci Petra Maria Sharapova Sabine Thanks for the memories Kim
Norwich City Football Club
but-it's-ok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:36 AM   #379
country flag isabelle86

isabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond repute

I love them! I had more than 10 shirts of clubs of the serie A, just imagine!!
I will tell you all my shirts I have: Lazio, Napoli, Inter, Torino, Roma, Genoa, Milan, Juventus, Caglari, Palermo and Fiorentina!!! what you think now?
I dont have the one of the Squadra Azzura and I do not like Ferrari!!

Seba is a future F1 champion, he is very talented! Sepang is a circuit where it is easy to vertake with the two long straights. Didn't know Alonso was sick!

Do you want to predict the outcome of the race? I have no clue!

What time does the football match starts, do you play in Brussels or at home? I will try to watch if I am not in the plane to Marbella!
Old 04-05-2009, 08:38 AM   #380
country flag ellen_

ellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond repute

Di What the hell is that defender of the opponent doing there anyway? His elbow is pushing the goalie aside It's very painful but the 4th official made a big mistake. How could he have seen that better than the linesman or referee btw???

Isa, we play at home. The match starts at 8.30pm CET.

I absolutely don't like Italian football.

I was trying to predict the outcome of the F1 race but I honestly have no idea either. I think the Brawn cars will do good again though. The car is reliable and the drivers are very good too. It's easy to overtake, that's why I'm so scared of Hamilton Alonso at 9, I hope he can end before him! It's about to start! Bye It has been raining, a lot!
"Sometimes you are embarrassed by how you are playing. Sometimes you want to be there, sometimes you want to go home. Sometimes you are fighting hard and sometimes you are fighting yourself." - Ernests Gulbis

To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle - Buddha

Last edited by ellen_ : 04-05-2009 at 08:48 AM.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:47 AM   #381
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute

Ellenthanks. I know When the goal was disallowed,there were kids along my row We've had some big decisions go against us this season. I don't know how the linesman couldn't tell that our striker wasn't involved,I mean the shirts are bright enough. I mean is he colour blind???? If there's any doubt then the goal should have stood. We could go down because of this pathetic decision. We saw it clearly,the video just confirms our worst fears

Old 04-05-2009, 10:02 AM   #382
country flag ellen_

Can't they hire decent weather guys, no???! Seba Couldn't you just hold on for one more minute, Seba...

Red flag! At least the filthy track can be washed now Pfff.

btw, the new Kers system is about the only thing that works properly in the McLaren cars

Did someone hear the team radio between Massa and his crew? Massa was freaking out and the guy answered him "Felipe, baby, stay calm" And one of his mechanics asked Lewis if he wanted to finish the race and he said no So the mechanic made some chicken movement towards him This is so much fun, I heard someone saying 'we are gonna be here forever'.

I miss those storms here in Belgium btw It's so beautiful, but I hate it that it's so unpredictable there in Malaysia.

Last edited by ellen_ : 04-05-2009 at 10:20 AM.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:23 AM   #383
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute

I find it strange that they knew it was going to rain, they knew it would more than likely be torrential, they predicted the start of the rain to within three minutes - but they didn't move the race forward by an hour so they could get it finished in a oner?

Oh and I'm fascinated by the pit - car commentaries too!
None of them want to restart!

Gillou ~~~~~ & ~~~~~ Andy
MsTree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:31 AM   #384
country flag ellen_

They predicted it was going to rain 5 minutes after the start, very strange but I haven't seen rain then. They always said 'in 12 minutes'. 5 minutes after that, they said 'in 10 minutes', etc... Kimi changed his tires when they said 'in 3 minutes', but it lasted for more than 10 minutes again. I'm sure it's hard to predict there, but you can train on these things. It's getting dark too btw... And we're only half way. I don't know if moving the race forward was possible? Have they done that in the past? I find that weird because of the fans, television broadcasts, etc.

I want Hamilton to give up Damnit. He should be scared! The lighting hit the stand more than once already

Restart!

Old 04-05-2009, 10:37 AM   #385
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute

The BBC commentators said at the start of the commentary (an hour before race start) that they knew it was going to rain, and that it had rained at the same time yesterday and the day before.
I didn't think of the TV schedules though, and that'll be exactly why it wasn't rescheduled! Silly me!

Old 04-05-2009, 10:55 AM   #386
country flag isabelle86

Button wins again. the hottest driver. so cool! race stopped.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:55 AM   #387
country flag ellen_

Pff, it's over. So they'll get the points like this, or what? Button won. But I'm afraid Alonso was behind Hamilton Grrrr.

Tour de Flandres now then.

Edit: It's over! Stijn Devolder won! I absolutely love that guy, he's so strong. Unfortunately Cancellara had to give up... Poor Fabian has a lot of problems, personally and fysically. It was so sad when he had to give up. But Stijn

Last edited by ellen_ : 04-05-2009 at 02:08 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:47 AM   #388
country flag ellen_

I calmed down a bit now so I can write a bit about our match against Anderlecht from yesterday

I honestly can't live with the fact that we get the same stupid referee every single time we play an important match. We didn't get a penalty, Killian got kicked of the pitch but the opponent didn't get a card, a player was allowed to kick our goalie 2 meters in the air but didn't get a card, etc... while Killian got a yellow card for holding the ball for less than 5 seconds after the referee gave a free kick for the opponent.

But 0-0 against Anderlecht is okay, especially without a coach The players from Anderlecht said they get nightmares from our goalie and defence, and you'll see why if you look at the summary We were so lucky. http://media.vrtnieuws.net/2009/04/1...3808_wmvhi.wmv

Time for a new start, our new coach will sign his contract today and he was at the match yesterday. Besides that, I'm praying for my Killian It looked really serious and I hope he'll be back for the match at Standard Liège next week He got some studs on his left Achilles tendon. It started to swell so he decided to stay inside during half time.

Last edited by ellen_ : 04-06-2009 at 10:52 AM.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:01 PM   #389
country flag MsTree

Oh Ellen! At least your new coach has started work, it worked a treat with us! Hope your Killian is OK too
Why is always when you desperately need the points all the decisions go against you and when you're flying you get all the luck? One of football's great mysteries

Old 04-06-2009, 06:04 PM   #390
country flag but-it's-ok

Congrats to Stijn

Referees I am right off them just now. I am sure some of them set out to deliberately ruin games We don't get the same stupid referees,we just get stupid referees 7/10 times

Thanks for the summary Ellen. You did get a bit lucky indeed Defences often lead such a charmed life,but if they stick to their task,they do sometimes get the luck.

I am sorry to hear about Killian I hope he'll be fit again soon. It certainly doesn't sound too good

Good luck to your Serbian coach