The chat-thread for lovers of other sports - Everyone welcome - Page 18 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-22-2009, 10:53 PM   #256
country flag isabelle86

isabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The chat-thread for lovers of other sports - Everyone welcome

Di, the Valencia squad you're talking was awesome and Payaso Aimar was great. Benitez did a great job, he should have been at Real Madrid some seasons ago, Rafa started his career in the youth system of Real. Valencia -until the spanish L'pool- was the backbone of the Spanish National Squad.
this weekend there was the annual fiesta in Valencia, Fallas, it's great, it's the start of all the annual local celebrations in Spain. you also have the lovely beach of la Malvarrosa, site of the America's cup and you can eat paellas (Love it)
it's a great place to party, maybe one of the best in Spain, the clubbing movement (from disco to disco in 1 night) started there in mid 20's in Spain. famous city for the disco-techno-trance parties and the people are the most fashionable in Spain.
the Old Mestalla will be closed at the end of season, you were lucky to visit the legendary site built in the 90's. the new Mestalla is amazing and will be the stadium in Spain. the fans of Valencia dislike as much Barça and Real. strong rivalry.
Spain at home during the word cup in 1982 lost to N.Ireland 0-1 and draw against Honduras in the worst results of the Spanish Football Squad ever.
in the last 15 years Barcelona as a city is going down in new things and Valencia is going up- there's a lot of great new things compared to Barcelona.
in tennis, Ferrero, Ferrer, Safin and Andreev all trained there in their teens. Ferrero is the owner of the new 500 event at the wonderful venue The Agora. clay is gone, hope Gilles will play there instead of Basel.
Valencia has been the best City in Spain in the past 5 years.

Edit: I will watch the video of Roberto and Swansea later, I am in the Gillou-Federer match now!
isabelle86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2009, 10:54 PM   #257
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute

Rafa has been more aggressive,changing tactics even in this wind. I cant understand why Andy wouldn't try to change up a bit,maybe he is too respectful of Nadal's unerring ability to make passing shots.

Isabel,I was lucky enough to visit the site of the Americas Cup and Malvarossa beach I saw pelota at Plaza Ayumiento, Plaza de la Reina there was a gorgeous Irish bar Plaza de la Reina square is where the tourist bus leaves to take holidaymakers on a Tour of the city. Onza sweetshops everywhere. L'Oceangraphic,the dolphin shows You see why I'm so crazy about Valencia

Cheering forNole Gilles Tomas Dima Grisha Delpo Stan Fed Nando GGL Domi
Thanks for the memories Juan Carlos!

Anci Petra Maria Sharapova Sabine Thanks for the memories Kim
Norwich City Football Club

Last edited by patchett : 03-22-2009 at 11:00 PM.
but-it's-ok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:55 PM   #258
country flag ellen_

ellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond repute

Rafa is just used to making these strange movements, he deals with it very well. And now I wonder what conditions Rafa isn't able to deal with Pretty scary, I have to say.
"Sometimes you are embarrassed by how you are playing. Sometimes you want to be there, sometimes you want to go home. Sometimes you are fighting hard and sometimes you are fighting yourself." - Ernests Gulbis

To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle - Buddha
ellen_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:59 PM   #259
country flag Nichele Hull

Nichele Hull has a reputation beyond reputeNichele Hull has a reputation beyond reputeNichele Hull has a reputation beyond reputeNichele Hull has a reputation beyond reputeNichele Hull has a reputation beyond reputeNichele Hull has a reputation beyond reputeNichele Hull has a reputation beyond reputeNichele Hull has a reputation beyond reputeNichele Hull has a reputation beyond reputeNichele Hull has a reputation beyond reputeNichele Hull has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder why Murray isn't making any change to his game Its funny how you can beat Federer one day and the next day put out this type of performance
Old 03-22-2009, 11:00 PM   #260
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute

Rafa's certainly got the conditions sussed all right! And Andy's volleys aren't clinical enough to finish the point, well not against Rafa anyway!

Gillou ~~~~~ & ~~~~~ Andy
MsTree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:00 PM   #261
country flag isabelle86

isabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond repute

what is scary is that Rafa can win tonight his 13 ms titles at age 22, only 1 less that Federer (check how many Federer has won at age 22) and only 4 to tie all time leader Agassi with 17 ms titles. He is only 22!
Old 03-22-2009, 11:02 PM   #262
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Rafa is scary today. He has totally adjusted to the wind to the extent that he knows how to get it to help him.
Cloudygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:02 PM   #263
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute

You've just got to hand it to Rafa, he totally deserves to be No. 1!

Old 03-22-2009, 11:05 PM   #264
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute

Rafa is totally infallible,he has loved the challenge of these conditions.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:07 PM   #265
country flag but-it's-ok

Well done to Rafa A learning curve for Andy

Old 03-22-2009, 11:11 PM   #266
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute

blimey imagine his points lead and the clay court season isn't even here yet.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:11 PM   #267
country flag MsTree

Wow
It's difficult to see anyone beating Rafa in that kind of form, he was amazing!
Poor Andy

Old 03-22-2009, 11:24 PM   #268
country flag Cloudygirl

haha at the trophy ceremony
Old 03-22-2009, 11:32 PM   #269
country flag Eimear O'Mahony

Eimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond repute

Rafa was WAY too good today No-one is going to beat him in that kind of form. Unlucky Andy. I enjoyed the trophy presentation. They're clearly good friends

Simon Monfils Gasquet

Also liking ... LOPEZ, VERDASCOand NADAL

The Adidas Boys - Impossible is Nothing
Eimear O'Mahony is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:49 PM   #270
country flag isabelle86

I agree Eimear, in the trophy presentation you could see how friends they are, Andy spent a lot of time at ESV&Casal Academy in Barcelona and they are friends. It was not a happy beatdown against a friend as Andy.