The chat-thread for lovers of other sports - Everyone welcome - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-21-2009, 11:39 PM   #181
country flag ellen_

ellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The chat-thread for lovers of other sports - Everyone welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by isabelle86 View Post
Amen, Ellen , Amen!! can not wait for the natural surfaces and also the tour coming to Europe. We have the chance to meet our fave players and it's difficult to follow a match at 4:00 am!! Well Said!!
I'm counting the days before I can see my boys too 62 days left! The natural surfaces, indeed. I'm really sick from all the different colors of hardcourt I've seen in the past months

Damnit, I have to go to the bathroom constantly. So annoying during a match. I drank too much Applejuice though, but still annoying
"Sometimes you are embarrassed by how you are playing. Sometimes you want to be there, sometimes you want to go home. Sometimes you are fighting hard and sometimes you are fighting yourself." - Ernests Gulbis

To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle - Buddha
ellen_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2009, 12:25 AM   #182
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not a fan of Roddick but I've started cheering for him now

Gillou ~~~~~ & ~~~~~ Andy
MsTree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:45 AM   #183
country flag ellen_

ellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond repute

He needs some extra cheering indeed

Andy! Broken, broke back and broken again He reminds me of Ernie
"Sometimes you are embarrassed by how you are playing. Sometimes you want to be there, sometimes you want to go home. Sometimes you are fighting hard and sometimes you are fighting yourself." - Ernests Gulbis

To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle - Buddha
Old 03-22-2009, 12:50 AM   #184
country flag isabelle86

isabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=ellen_;8314120]I'm counting the days before I can see my boys too 62 days left! QUOTE]
Ellen are you going to one event??
I am also doing a countdwon and only 14 Miami and tomorrow IW.
I always do a countdown to see Gillou, 7-8 days, can not wait.
isabelle86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:52 AM   #185
country flag ellen_

Quote:
Ellen are you going to one event??
I am also doing a countdwon and only 14 Miami and tomorrow IW.
I always do a countdown to see Gillou, 7-8 days, can not wait.
I'm going to RG and TMC London for sure, maybe Wimbledon too.

Old 03-22-2009, 12:53 AM   #186
country flag isabelle86

isabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal leads 64 53, could be a repeat of the Rotterdam final!! Liz, who are you roooting for??
Old 03-22-2009, 12:55 AM   #187
country flag isabelle86

wow! Ellen, you're gong to the most important ones!!! so cool!! 1st time or being there before?
Old 03-22-2009, 01:02 AM   #188
country flag ellen_

Quote:
wow! Ellen, you're gong to the most important ones!!! so cool!! 1st time or being there before?
I've been at RG last year, and at Wimbledon the year before

Old 03-22-2009, 01:13 AM   #189
country flag isabelle86

which one did you like the most? they are very different?
my last Wimby was in 1999 and RG in 1994.

Edit: Nadal d. Roddick 64 76(4) final, Nadal vs Murray
going to the disco!
see ya tomorrow!

Last edited by isabelle86 : 03-22-2009 at 01:21 AM.
Old 03-22-2009, 01:23 AM   #190
country flag ellen_

Quote:
which one did you like the most? they are very different?
my last Wimby was in 1999 and RG in 1994.
Wimbledon was my first grandslam, and it was so special. I like Wimbledon so much because of the atmosphere, the peace and quietness, the grass, the white outfits, the environment, etc... I even enjoyed the 4 hours of queuing and the rain delay. RG was different. Imo, the site is too small for all those people. It's too crowdy there. Wimbledon is much better organized on that part. If you walk around in Wimbledon, you see so much. RG is not like that. And I like grass more than clay.

Have fun

Old 03-22-2009, 09:13 AM   #191
country flag isabelle86

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellen_ View Post
Wimbledon was my first grandslam, and it was so special. I like Wimbledon so much because of the atmosphere, the peace and quietness, the grass, the white outfits, the environment, etc... I even enjoyed the 4 hours of queuing and the rain delay. RG was different. Imo, the site is too small for all those people. It's too crowdy there. Wimbledon is much better organized on that part. If you walk around in Wimbledon, you see so much. RG is not like that. And I like grass more than clay.

Have fun
the first time is always special! and the one you will always remember! I fully agree!
your description of Wimby is great, it is the unique and most prestigious tennis event by a mile!
I also agree about RG becoming small, there are projects to add some more space to tennis complex in a current swimming pool that could become tennis courts. Our french friends will know better.
Wimby, the only bad thing was the demolition of old court 1, it had a very intimate atmosphere and spectators were closed to the action, similar to the granstand at the uso.
I think the plans for a new court 2 on the current court 13 were abandoned.
my favorite court at RG is Court 2!! great atmosphere there!

it was a great night, dancing until 7:00 am!!
Old 03-22-2009, 10:57 AM   #192
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I want to go to RG so bad. Clay is my fave surface and I have never watched a match live on clay.
Cloudygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:59 AM   #193
country flag Eimear O'Mahony

Eimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to Marion I'm going to RG this year for two days. We have tickets for Centre Court for 1 day and I think it was court 1 the second day. I'm really looking forward to it I must admit I've never been to live tennis before so it'll be so special!

Simon Monfils Gasquet

Also liking ... LOPEZ, VERDASCOand NADAL

The Adidas Boys - Impossible is Nothing
Eimear O'Mahony is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:16 AM   #194
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eimear O'Mahony View Post
Thanks to Marion I'm going to RG this year for two days. We have tickets for Centre Court for 1 day and I think it was court 1 the second day. I'm really looking forward to it I must admit I've never been to live tennis before so it'll be so special!
Eimear I hope you and Marion have great fun there I had a long around RG,but it was back in September 1995 I still have photos somewhere. Its a beautiful place

I've never been to Wimbledon I've had a look around Melbourne Park whilst on holiday in 2001 Never thought about going to USO

Cheering forNole Gilles Tomas Dima Grisha Delpo Stan Fed Nando GGL Domi
Thanks for the memories Juan Carlos!

Anci Petra Maria Sharapova Sabine Thanks for the memories Kim
Norwich City Football Club
but-it's-ok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:20 AM   #195
country flag Eimear O'Mahony

Eimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure we'll have a great time. I can't wait to go I might go to Wimbledon the year after. I get hooked at the atmosphere at live sports so if its anything as good as live football I'll never want to go home!!!

Simon Monfils Gasquet

Also liking ... LOPEZ, VERDASCOand NADAL

The Adidas Boys - Impossible is Nothing
Eimear O'Mahony is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote