The chat-thread for lovers of other sports - Everyone welcome - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-21-2009, 07:18 PM   #151
country flag Eimear O'Mahony

Eimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The chat-thread for lovers of other sports - Everyone welcome

Aw thanks Ellen that's really nice of you Enjoy the match. Hope your team win

Simon Monfils Gasquet

Also liking ... LOPEZ, VERDASCOand NADAL

The Adidas Boys - Impossible is Nothing
Eimear O'Mahony is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2009, 07:59 PM   #152
country flag isabelle86

isabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond repute

when I was living in Artane, hurling was the sport, very popular, all the boys were playing hurling instead of "english" football. I was very surprised and well I loved the guys who played hurling! they were so cute! field hockey is also popular in Barcelona, great tradition in summer games.
if your local club got to the big final probably the game was played at Croke Park! as well as Waterford. To play in Croke Park is the biggest honour for an Irish, it's the cathedral of gaelic sports.
Roche, oh well, he beat Delgado that year and you know they all cheat, only the best who won more are respected and don't get caught, it happens in other sports, maybe also in tennis.
I remember your swimmer who won all those gold medals in Atlanta.
Sonia O'Sullivan was a great inspiration and a wonderful athlete.
Sean Kelly was great, he won la Vuelta, great you have the chance of talking to him.
IMHO Ireland is a big country in sports.
isabelle86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 08:39 PM   #153
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute

For Northern Ireland you would have to go with George Best

Well done Ireland for winning the Six Nations, and well done Italy for getting the wooden spoon! It wasn't us!!!

Gillou ~~~~~ & ~~~~~ Andy
MsTree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 09:33 PM   #154
country flag isabelle86

isabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, I know it is a sensitive issue, Best was born in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
in Rugby, there's only 1 Ireland.

Congratluations to IRELAND!!(love the name Eire) on winning again the Six Nations.
WELL DONE!!!
Italy, don't know what they do in this event, they always finish last. sad.

Argentineans have the level to try to compete in the Tri Nations but Italy in the Six nations, maybe not.

oh well, I am nervous, one of my fave. players is in action right now: Vamos Andy!!!
Old 03-21-2009, 09:43 PM   #155
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute

Oh good stuff Isabelle another Andy fan
I'm watching a stream and it keeps stopping, so frustrating!!!
Nice to hear the crowd behind Andy rather than Roger
And I keep all my nerves for watching Gillou

Old 03-21-2009, 09:51 PM   #156
country flag isabelle86

what is the stream? did you try channelsurfing?
Old 03-21-2009, 09:53 PM   #157
country flag isabelle86

spanish tv commentator is Corretja and he will again coach Andy! I am VERY HAPPY! Corretja won twice the Edberg award!!
Andy has million of fans in Spain, Corretja is one of the best sports commentator ever here!
Old 03-21-2009, 09:55 PM   #158
country flag MsTree

Yeah it's happening on both Channelsurfing and on Bet365.
It's always happening during the points too and not the bits between points or changeovers! At least the audio keeps going so I'm keeping up with the action

He's been coaching him on clay the last couple of seasons hasn't he? Hopefully it'll pay off!

Old 03-21-2009, 10:03 PM   #159
country flag isabelle86

LOL! Liz, I see I am not the only one who has a fake account on Bet365!! the feed at bet365.com is working very well!!
Old 03-21-2009, 10:06 PM   #160
country flag MsTree

Oh it's not a fake account I have, it's funded with my winnings from Bet365's poker tables
If both streams are fine for you, maybe it's my internet. At least I can keep up with the match and I'll download it later and watch it properly

Old 03-21-2009, 10:07 PM   #161
country flag isabelle86

Last year Corretja helped Murray through the clay court season and the men will join forces again when the tour moves back to Europe in April.
But Murray believes that the former world No.2 has much more to offer than a few tips on playing on the slow red dirt.
Murray said: "It's a little bit disrespectful for everyone to think Alex can only help you on a clay court. The guy was a great player on most surfaces.
"I'm not going to spend loads of time with him. I love the work that's going on with my coach, Miles Maclagan, but I just think that some weeks it's good to be apart.
"I'll spend seven or eight weeks a year with Alex but whether it's four practice weeks and four weeks at tournaments, we'll wait and see."
Corretja's influence last year worked well and quickly. The Scot reached the third round at the French Open, the Hamburg Masters and the Monte Carlo Masters.
The Spaniard said: "I had so much fun with him and I didn't know if that would happen.
"First of all I didn't know if I was going to be able to understand their jokes, because when they talk to each other so fast it's difficult to get it. He likes to make a lot of jokes."
It is the fact that Corretja is one of the nicest and most popular men around the tennis tour that makes him a perfect match for Murray.
And Alex will have different ideas, different drills - it's good to keep your mind fresh.
"It worked in the clay court season last year and I think it'll help on other courts as well."
Corretja is also an extremely talented football tennis player - and that is as important to Murray as any advice the Spaniard has to offer.
Most practice sessions end with a fiercely competitive tennis football match. And Murray likes to win He said: "Alex is very good.
He's not as good as me and Miles, but he's good. That's one of the reasons I want to keep working with him."

NICE!!!!
Old 03-21-2009, 10:15 PM   #162
country flag isabelle86

Ellen is quite happy at the moment! Mons-Bergen 0 - 2 Lokeren final score!!
Old 03-21-2009, 10:16 PM   #163
country flag MsTree

Good at least a couple of our teams got points today

Old 03-21-2009, 10:21 PM   #164
country flag ellen_

ellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond repute

We won, indeed! 0-2. We played an awful first half, a player from Bergen got sent off in the 2nd and then we started to play well. I'm not really proud of it, but sometimes it can be even harder to play against 10. The most important thing is that we got the 3 points

My friend brought another friend with him, a referee. A very handsome, nice, funny guy but GAY damnit

Now waiting for Rafa-Andy I'm still wondering who to support...
"Sometimes you are embarrassed by how you are playing. Sometimes you want to be there, sometimes you want to go home. Sometimes you are fighting hard and sometimes you are fighting yourself." - Ernests Gulbis

To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle - Buddha
ellen_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 10:26 PM   #165
country flag isabelle86

oh but the season is far from over, there are plenty of chances that all of you will see your clubs winning again! always hope!