The chat-thread for lovers of other sports - Everyone welcome - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-21-2009, 05:19 PM   #136
country flag isabelle86

isabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The chat-thread for lovers of other sports - Everyone welcome

Elllen, why did he need to buy another club? dunno

the old logo is outstanding!! so classic!!

http://uefaclubs.com/images/KSC-Loke...SC-Lokeren.png
isabelle86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2009, 05:23 PM   #137
country flag isabelle86

isabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ictmee View Post
Isabelle good for you! Big isn't always better!
Our stadium's max capacity is 7200 odd, and it's full for about a dozen fixtures a season. One side is terracing which we're not allowed to use which makes me mad as I would much rather stand with my mates and get the crack rather than sit far away from them and get no crack

As it is now

It's 21-12 in the rugby. We're not getting humped!
I love a terrace in a stadium! as you said great place to see the match!!
I think ICT has a great history, it's far away in the north of Scotland and only promoted to the top flight recently! kind of story that won the hearts!
Old 03-21-2009, 05:26 PM   #138
country flag isabelle86

you're posting unforgettable legends of Scotitsh sports but oh well I am going to cry friends seem to not remember one of my all time favorites fave sportsman, he is loved in Barcelona.
Old 03-21-2009, 05:28 PM   #139
country flag Eimear O'Mahony

Eimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond repute

Yup ... I thought the question was Scottish sportspeople but I think I know who you're talking about ... if you're into cycling ... are we talking Miguel Indurain?

Simon Monfils Gasquet

Also liking ... LOPEZ, VERDASCOand NADAL

The Adidas Boys - Impossible is Nothing
Eimear O'Mahony is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 05:32 PM   #140
country flag isabelle86

no Eimear, only Scotland and he is adored in Barcelona.
Indurain is probably the best Spaniard, also Seve and Manolo and the most important is Samaranch

sory to watch United losing but Liv'pool are still 1 point behind and more inconsistent! don't worry
Old 03-21-2009, 05:35 PM   #141

Eimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond repute

A Scot who is loved in Barcelona? I'm a little confused tbh. My brain is a little slow I'm afraid. Who do you mean?

Simon Monfils Gasquet

Old 03-21-2009, 05:36 PM   #142
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute

? I have no idea Isabelle! Tennis and football are my major sports and I find it difficult to believe any Scottish footballer has made an impression in Barcelona And Andy is our first and only tennis player...

Gillou ~~~~~ & ~~~~~ Andy
MsTree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 05:48 PM   #143
country flag isabelle86

he was not usually as fast as others over one lap -or several ones on a trot- but his tactical approach in order to win races and titles, his intelligence of racing, were masterful and unequalled. His personal record reflects it clearly and the Montjuic Circuit portion of the cake is a good sample,
Montjuic, site of the Summer games in the mountain, most daunting and challenging spanish circuit ever, separating boys from men, when racing was dangerous and sex safe, the best circuit in Barcelona ever.
Altogether 6 races with the best in the business, 3 wins, once more in the roastrum, leading from flag to flag,fast in the wet, unnaproachable, unforgettable memories, one of the kings of Barcelona. who can claim a better score?
Sir Jackie.

and in another race at the olympic mountain 5 years before, the circuit became shocked and silent as louspeakers announced that Jim Clark has lost in life in an accident in Germany. Many fans cried bitterly that day in Barcelona.

Stewart & Clark, 2 of the all time faves in Barcelona, both from Scotland and sadly what could have been the best rivalry in f1 history.
Old 03-21-2009, 05:50 PM   #144

Oh okay! I profess to know nothing about F1 so I can only apologise for not getting it

Simon Monfils Gasquet

Old 03-21-2009, 05:53 PM   #145
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by isabelle86 View Post
when racing was dangerous and sex safe
Nice line!

I'd forgotten about F1 tbh, although I nearly added Colin McRae into my list... That's fantastic he is so honoured in Barcelona! (I knew it couldn't have been a footballer!)

Gillou ~~~~~ & ~~~~~ Andy
MsTree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 05:54 PM   #146
country flag ellen_

ellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by isabelle86 View Post
Elllen, why did he need to buy another club? dunno

the old logo is outstanding!! so classic!!

http://uefaclubs.com/images/KSC-Loke...SC-Lokeren.png
Because that club was bankrupt and chose to be bought by us over 'dying completely'

The old logo
"Sometimes you are embarrassed by how you are playing. Sometimes you want to be there, sometimes you want to go home. Sometimes you are fighting hard and sometimes you are fighting yourself." - Ernests Gulbis

To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle - Buddha
ellen_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 06:00 PM   #147
country flag isabelle86

doesn't matter Eimear, who is for you the best Irish of all time? I guess pehaps BEST
Stephen Roche was popular here and Harrington is very good at the moment.
I have no idea about gaelic games best athletes, sorry.
do you like hurling? I was so impressed in Dublin, it's a dangerous sport!
Old 03-21-2009, 06:11 PM   #148
country flag ellen_

ellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond repute

Eimear, I'm sorry about ManU

I'm going to the pub now
"Sometimes you are embarrassed by how you are playing. Sometimes you want to be there, sometimes you want to go home. Sometimes you are fighting hard and sometimes you are fighting yourself." - Ernests Gulbis

To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle - Buddha
ellen_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 06:11 PM   #149
country flag isabelle86

Les, Steve Archibald was very popular in Barcelona, he played for the 2 clubs of the city.
McRae, yeah! another great champion!!

Ellen, at least the club was saved, the stadium was maybe built in 30's or 50's and many unforgettable matches played there and the stadium is still there.
see ya and have fun in the pub!!
Old 03-21-2009, 06:17 PM   #150

I like hurling actually. I don't like Gaelic football but if Waterford are playing in the hurling I'll watch it. It's a very fast-paced game and Waterford always seem to do well (We got to the All Ireland final this year and my local club team got to the All Ireland club final). Stephen Roche wasn't so great ... he admitted he was on drugs when he won the T de F so that spoiled him for me. Its VERY hard to say who's the greatest Irish sportsperson because Ireland have never been big in sport, apart from soccer. I would actually say Sean Kelly is the greatest Irish sportman ever. I've had the privelege of meeting him. He's a really nice guy and he did a LOT for Irish sport, not just cycling so yup Sean Kelly would be my answer

Simon Monfils Gasquet