~~~~ The Thread For Roger Fans who just happen to like Rafa As Well ~~~~ - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 04:32 AM   #16
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~~~~ The Thread For Roger Fans who just happen to like Rafa As Well ~~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedevil0289 View Post
karin, you're going to have to pardon me for my ignorance, but how was the wimbledon final 2007 close like the wimbledon 2008 final? I did not see wimbledon 2007, but the scoreline, atleast for the 5th set was 6-2 and compared to 9-7, doesn't seem that close. However, perhaps he was close to finishing it in four sets or something of that sort and wasn't able to.
The bolded sentence is how it happened in the 2007 final, indeed.
To me it looked obvious that Roger was about to win that match, but in all honesty - I thought the same thing about the Wimbly 2008 and AO 2009 matches after the fourth set, so don't take my opinion for something that is worth of anything...

Thanks dear for posting. Have to go now, hope you'll stay around for a while.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2009, 04:45 AM   #17
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~~~~ The Thread For Roger Fans who just happen to like Rafa As Well ~~~~

Have to leave now, I'm losing it.

Just one more piccie that stole my heart:

Anathema

Old 03-11-2009, 03:15 PM   #18
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

= ='''''''''''
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-11-2009, 03:19 PM   #19
country flag Rog1

Rog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I will always like them both.

Just don't like it when they have to meet in a big final cause of course natually one has to lose.

Linda (Luton-UK)
Rog1 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-11-2009, 04:00 PM   #20
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rog1 View Post
Well, I will always like them both.

Just don't like it when they have to meet in a big final cause of course natually one has to lose.

Linda (Luton-UK)
I always find myself completely ripped up after a final between the two, now even more as the 'rivalry' (is it, still?) has become so lopsided.
Would be a lot better to bear if they'd share the trophies a bit more equally.

Anathema

Old 03-11-2009, 06:23 PM   #21
country flag stroopery

stroopery has a reputation beyond reputestroopery has a reputation beyond reputestroopery has a reputation beyond reputestroopery has a reputation beyond reputestroopery has a reputation beyond reputestroopery has a reputation beyond reputestroopery has a reputation beyond reputestroopery has a reputation beyond reputestroopery has a reputation beyond reputestroopery has a reputation beyond reputestroopery has a reputation beyond repute

I'm loving this thread. Roger and Rafa have proper respect and nothing but respect (and affection I suppose) for each other, and Rafa is as much a gentleman on and off the court as Roger is.

I love him. In a lesser extent than I love Roger, but I appreciate him for who he is and how he plays his tennis . Of course I'll root for Roger more and i'll get annoyed and frustrated if he happens to beat Roger again (I hope that won't happen anytime soon again!!) and maybe secretly wishing Rafa will stumble in a couple tournaments so Roger can have his number one back, but I never agree with dissing, dislike, or hating Rafa just because of what he has achieved through his hard works.

I hope I expressed my thoughts properly there XD! Pleasure to find this thread !

This girl adores Roger ♥ Stanley ♥ Marat ♥ Verdasco

Swiss Davis Cup team owns me.
Severin Luthi ♥ Stanislas Wawrinka ♥ Marco Chiudinelli ♥ Yves Allegro ♥ Stephane Bohli
HOPP SUISSE !!
stroopery is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-11-2009, 06:33 PM   #22
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroopery View Post
I'm loving this thread. Roger and Rafa have proper respect and nothing but respect (and affection I suppose) for each other, and Rafa is as much a gentleman on and off the court as Roger is.
Thank you so much - I was feeling insecure about starting this thread at all, but did so because I thought it would be a better idea to discuss Roger & Rafa (or even solely mention his name ) in a separate thread, so anyone who enters it knows what to expect... and those who don't like him are free to ignore it completely.

Quote:
I love him. In a lesser extent than I love Roger, but I appreciate him for who he is and how he plays his tennis . Of course I'll root for Roger more and i'll get annoyed and frustrated if he happens to beat Roger again (I hope that won't happen anytime soon again!!) and maybe secretly wishing Rafa will stumble in a couple tournaments so Roger can have his number one back, but I never agree with dissing, dislike, or hating Rafa just because of what he has achieved through his hard works.
That's exactly how I feel about Roger & Rafa as well. You've certainly managed to express it perfectly!

I fell like a brick for Roger when he first appeared on the tour, and he'll always be my personal no. 1 - even more now it looks like Rafa has firmly taken over his reputation as 'The Unbeatable One' - but it is good that Rafa is there at all, for tennis, for the competition, etc. Of course it's sad that Roger one day had to lose the top spot, but it was to happen inevitably, and I'm very happy that it is at least a very friendly, decent fellow who he lost it to.
That said: at least, take back Wimbledon this year, Roger... please?

Anathema

Old 03-11-2009, 07:34 PM   #23
country flag icedevil0289

icedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dream View Post
Thank you so much - I was feeling insecure about starting this thread at all, but did so because I thought it would be a better idea to discuss Roger & Rafa (or even solely mention his name ) in a separate thread, so anyone who enters it knows what to expect... and those who don't like him are free to ignore it completely.

That's exactly how I feel about Roger & Rafa as well. You've certainly managed to express it perfectly!

I fell like a brick for Roger when he first appeared on the tour, and he'll always be my personal no. 1 - even more now it looks like Rafa has firmly taken over his reputation as 'The Unbeatable One' - but it is good that Rafa is there at all, for tennis, for the competition, etc. Of course it's sad that Roger one day had to lose the top spot, but it was to happen inevitably, and I'm very happy that it is at least a very friendly, decent fellow who he lost it to.
That said: at least, take back Wimbledon this year, Roger... please?
I agree! I believe roger once made a comment about nadal that said, "If I'm not no.1, than he should be." I can't think of anyone who was more deserving to take the no.1 position from roger than rafa and I'm glad roger lost his no.1 position ot a great, humble champion.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:50 PM   #24
country flag biological

biological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond repute

Ace thread Karin

I'm another who likes Rafa a lot - I must confess I'm not a big fan of his tennis, but he always seems like such a sweet guy and he loves Rogi so much I think their relationship is an amazing thing, because they manage to be so lovely to each other despite all the crap in the press and the horrible disappointments they've handed each other.

I always cheer for Roger when they meet, but I'm really glad that his biggest rival is such a nice guy. It makes it slightly less devastating when Rogi loses to him

Fantastic pictures btw
Old 03-12-2009, 02:33 PM   #25
country flag Betty

Betty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond repute

courage karin
2011=w/Corey F.:Auckland SF -Zagreb F -Wimbledon QF w/Dupuis2006 Nottingham W- w/acionescu Atlanta F
2010=w/Corey F. -Auckland F - w/Boarder35mNewport F -Tokyo F - w/acionescu Manerbio ch F-
2009 : (w/Corey F.) Washington W - Cordoba / Pozoblanco W - (w/Boarder35m)-Bordeaux W
TT Single 2012 O.G. SF Dubai W -Atlanta W Casablanca F 2011 Rabat , Metz F-Los Angeles W;2009 Todi ; Bergamo W -Wimbledon F -Karlsruhe F -Estoril SF;2008 = Tunica R., A.Seville SF

FORZA INTER
Betty is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-12-2009, 03:22 PM   #26
country flag JolánGagó
Banned!

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute

Karin has big balls.

JolánGagó is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-12-2009, 03:44 PM   #27
country flag gertie

gertie has a reputation beyond reputegertie has a reputation beyond reputegertie has a reputation beyond reputegertie has a reputation beyond reputegertie has a reputation beyond reputegertie has a reputation beyond reputegertie has a reputation beyond reputegertie has a reputation beyond reputegertie has a reputation beyond reputegertie has a reputation beyond reputegertie has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Stupid Dream for this thread, im loving this, im even coming out of my lurking coz im a fan of "fedal" though i love roger more, rafa is just a sweet guy, you cant really hate him even if you try...just thought i'd share some pics...

lol, i just love their goofy smiles on this pic

does anyone know where and when this was...and i was wondering if it is really roger coz i cant really see his face, but from this angle it looks like roger...
gertie is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-12-2009, 04:01 PM   #28
country flag JolánGagó
Banned!

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute

all in white, old fashioned looking lockers, must be wimby.
JolánGagó is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-12-2009, 04:09 PM   #29
country flag Cantona

Cantona is on a distinguished road

It's at Roland Garros, either 2006 or 2007. I think the other player is Lopez.
Cantona is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-12-2009, 04:18 PM   #30
country flag Rogieva
You can never have enough

Rogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond repute

I like Rafa off court, just not on court.