Indian Wells 2009 - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-12-2009, 07:19 PM   #16
country flag crazy_nanine

crazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Indian Wells 2009

Was it confirmed news that they weren't talking to each other or had a big argument?!! may be all this was a rumor after all! Because I don't think they'll play doubles together unless they're getting along well and this can't just happen overnight.

Anyways, it's an interesting combination indeed. I also want to see this match but I don't think it will be shown on tv with all the important singles matches
crazy_nanine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2009, 08:11 PM   #17
country flag HeretiC

HeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting combination, but I can't remember seeing Del Potro playing doubles ever
HeretiC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:17 PM   #18
country flag Joolz

Joolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_nanine View Post
Was it confirmed news that they weren't talking to each other or had a big argument?!! may be all this was a rumor after all! Because I don't think they'll play doubles together unless they're getting along well and this can't just happen overnight.

Anyways, it's an interesting combination indeed. I also want to see this match but I don't think it will be shown on tv with all the important singles matches
At the DC final, I noticed that they didn't talk to each other after Delpo's singles match. And there were lots of articles, all reporting that David told Delpo that none of this (i.e. losing his match) would've happened if Delpo hadn't gone to Shanghai.
According to the Argentine press they continued to be on non-speaking terms after the final. They were supposed to meet during the AO but didn't, for some reason. Then Vázquez was supposed to set up a meeting and act as a mediator. Which he promised to do but didn't. So they've basically been avoiding each other since Mar del Plata.
- And now all of a sudden they're playing doubles together. I've seen one article saying that this was Vázquez' idea. But maybe it's the work of their coaches, as Luis Lobo and Franco Davin are good friends.

In any case, it's good news.
Joolz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:59 PM   #19
country flag Gloria_Han

Gloria_Han has a reputation beyond reputeGloria_Han has a reputation beyond reputeGloria_Han has a reputation beyond reputeGloria_Han has a reputation beyond reputeGloria_Han has a reputation beyond reputeGloria_Han has a reputation beyond reputeGloria_Han has a reputation beyond reputeGloria_Han has a reputation beyond reputeGloria_Han has a reputation beyond reputeGloria_Han has a reputation beyond reputeGloria_Han has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joolz View Post
At the DC final, I noticed that they - And now all of a sudden they're playing doubles together. I've seen one article saying that this was Vázquez' idea. But maybe it's the work of their coaches, as Luis Lobo and Franco Davin are good friends.

In any case, it's good news.
yes,I think it is the work of the coaches. And it is so good that Lobo works with David now. Anyway, it's really a good news that David and Delpo play the doubles,and I want to watch the match as well.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:56 AM   #20
country flag HeretiC

HeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond repute

I kinda can't imagine Del Potro being a good doubles player. He is sort of reluctant to go to net and even when he does he is not very good at it, so this is definitely a strategy to make them settle things.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:27 PM   #21
country flag HeretiC

Wow, this is a pleasant surprise. Nalbandian/Del Potro just won their match against Aspelin/J Murray. 7-5 6-4. I did not expect this at all, but looks like they were cooperating very good.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:32 PM   #22
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Nice job, boys!
Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 11:24 AM   #23
country flag jonathancrane

jonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond repute

Nalby will play today against Kendrick. The north american has a big serve, but is weak on the baseline. Hope Nalby wins in 2
jonathancrane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 01:18 PM   #24
country flag Joyce_23

Joyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond repute

I just hope he's ready to play. don't want to see him feeling less well because he wanted to play to soon. Good to hear that he won his match with Del Potro although I had to look at the doubles draw twice. Odd combination.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid it will never truely begin.
Joyce_23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 03:08 PM   #25
country flag camilia

camilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond repute

Well done, now win the singles match
camilia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 03:00 AM   #26
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

[14] D Nalbandian (ARG) d [Q] R Kendrick (USA) 64 64

Viktor Troicki is next.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:03 AM   #27
country flag Getta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joolz View Post
And in this case it might be Tomas Berdych. A foretaste of the DC quarterfinal...
Sadly, it's not going to happen.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:56 AM   #28
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getta View Post

Viktor Troicki is next.
David played Viktor one other time-at Queens 2008. David won that match by the way.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:44 AM   #29
country flag camilia

camilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getta View Post

Viktor Troicki is next.
great news
camilia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 04:56 PM   #30
country flag Joyce_23

Joyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond repute

Good to see that he won his match. It's quite nice not expecting anything, makes it hurt less if he does lose.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid it will never truely begin.
Joyce_23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote