Indian Wells 2009 - Page 16 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-19-2009, 06:18 PM   #226
country flag freeandlonely

freeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Indian Wells 2009

Watched the whole match, not easy being both fan of Nalby and hater of Nadull. All I want to say is wish you all the best Nalby, try to straighten out the problems and come back strong. You have first-rate skill Nadull/anyone can not deny and I still have enough faith in you.
I just hear that Nadull had a frank interview, that's great from him. But being GM, I feel like I can't even just have the ideas that Nadull is not omnipotent/Nalby actually played excellent at least for one and a half. Feel even sadder there.

ALWAYS BE TRUE TO YOURSELF
freeandlonely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2009, 08:20 PM   #227
country flag HeretiC

HeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystlel View Post
Finally got around to watching the match...

What a match. David had so many chances to get that additional security of not needing to serve out the match, break points to go up 5-2, then match points to break for the match and then they all disappeared. Can't say I was surprised with how he capitulated in that last set running out of gas, though I thought he might have been able to pick up a couple more games.

I think David lost a bit of pace on the groundstrokes towards the end of the second set, but still had the momentum going that got him close to the finish line (where Nadal lost a lot of belief after losing that long, long game). That attempt at serving out the match was very poor, and his serve did not help him out at all in that second set. After that, Nadal seemed to believe so much more and I think he will be more confident than he was today having won this match if they play against each other again.

Anyway, at least those first two sets were pretty entertaining (which made the wait worth it), even though the end of the set and the next were painful to watch. There was some ridiculously good shotmaking at times.
That is probably the worst part of this and what will be even worse is a large possibility that David won't have any confidence at all.
HeretiC is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:31 PM   #228
country flag MalwareDie

MalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think agree. I think David will be ready to rip Mugboar to shreds next time.
MalwareDie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:06 AM   #229
country flag Minerva

Minerva has a reputation beyond reputeMinerva has a reputation beyond reputeMinerva has a reputation beyond reputeMinerva has a reputation beyond reputeMinerva has a reputation beyond reputeMinerva has a reputation beyond reputeMinerva has a reputation beyond reputeMinerva has a reputation beyond reputeMinerva has a reputation beyond reputeMinerva has a reputation beyond reputeMinerva has a reputation beyond repute

24 hours after and it still depresses me to think about those freaking 5 mp's.
I was really upset with this defeat so I can't even imagine how David must have felt.
I just hope he sorts out what was the problem/problems: if it was his health, his fitness, lack of confidence or any other thing, so that he can solve it.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:28 PM   #230
country flag tennisace

tennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond repute

Before IW, David said he was at 70 per cent and he had 5 MP...so when he's 100 per cent he'll beat Nadal in 2 sets
Vamos David in Miami
tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 04:32 PM   #231
country flag MalwareDie

MalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, David had just recovered from illness and still made Mugboar more uncomfortable than he had in he previous matches because Mugboar tried everything but nothing worked. I still don't think he'll be at 100% at Miami but if he meets Mugboar again he'll win. Judging by Mugboar's comments, he'll be moonballing to David's backhand like he does with Roger. He is going to be dealt a painful lesson.
MalwareDie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 01:54 AM   #232
country flag FlavorNuts

FlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond repute

Let's get real, Nalbandian can't hit the ball any better than he did against Nadal in the first two sets. No one can.
He has to work on is his serve and fitness. Pull out of everything and come back at Stella Artois with the intent of destroying everyone.
FlavorNuts is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote