Appreciation thread for the Adidas Boys - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-11-2009, 01:12 PM   #136
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Appreciation thread for the Adidas Boys

And Jo should share his Adidas more often!

Old 03-11-2009, 01:27 PM   #137
country flag Eimear O'Mahony

Eimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond repute

You've met a LOT of people Eliane you lucky thing!!! It's strange you say Harry was very nice because over in the UK he had a reputation for being very rude with fans and not spending a lot of time with them and just generally not being a nice person. His wife Sheree is supposed to be lovely though and their two kids are just little dotes (at least I think its two they have)

Simon Monfils Gasquet

Also liking ... LOPEZ, VERDASCOand NADAL

The Adidas Boys - Impossible is Nothing
Eimear O'Mahony is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 01:28 PM   #138

Eimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezzi View Post
And Jo should share his Adidas more often!
Definitely! Did his mother not tell him it's rude not to share!!!

Simon Monfils Gasquet

Old 03-11-2009, 07:29 PM   #139
country flag *Raine

*Raine has a reputation beyond repute*Raine has a reputation beyond repute*Raine has a reputation beyond repute*Raine has a reputation beyond repute*Raine has a reputation beyond repute*Raine has a reputation beyond repute*Raine has a reputation beyond repute*Raine has a reputation beyond repute*Raine has a reputation beyond repute*Raine has a reputation beyond repute*Raine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezzi View Post
That's why no one believes we are fraternal twins, but our chance to look alike was the same as any other sisters have

And another addition
(He was Adidas at Liverpool, but no logos showing on this pic anyway )
I'm a Kewell fan too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eimear O'Mahony View Post
Its like I said raine ... feel free to post any pics of any non-Adidas guys once there are no logos. Other than that I really don't mind
Tomorrow I'll post their pictures. I must warn you, they are not athletes. They are musicians.

| San Antonio Spurs | NY Mets| Pittsburgh Penguins
~Cristiano Ronaldo ~ Albert Pujols ~ Ricky Rubio
*Raine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:10 PM   #140

Oh that's okay Raine ... feel free to share! Oh btw, I have my pictures of the Man U match I went to a couple of weeks back up on Photobucket if you'd like me to post the link for you? They're just action shots from the match, some good, some not so good

Simon Monfils Gasquet

Old 03-11-2009, 08:49 PM   #141
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You've met a LOT of people Eliane you lucky thing!!! It's strange you say Harry was very nice because over in the UK he had a reputation for being very rude with fans and not spending a lot of time with them and just generally not being a nice person. His wife Sheree is supposed to be lovely though and their two kids are just little dotes (at least I think its two they have)
I know, but I've made an effort for it Especially Harry Went to Mierlo in 2006 for two training sessions and missed him every time But last year there was a friendly match against NL, couldn't go there, so we searched online for a few hours () to find out when and where the plane would leave for Tashkent. Luckily the airport closest to us, so on Sunday I went there with my friend just to wave goodbye to the socceroos
Harry walked in as one of the first and he had to check in the last, because he was talking to me
He signed this picture for me

I printed it, because he was waving at me in this one. Didn't come over, because the whole Australian press was behind me My friend told him that story and he apologised for that And he was smiling the whole time, maybe that's just because I was nervous, I can't even remember more of our conversation. Don't know about his reputation in the UK, guess it's also more relaxed for him to greet the only fan waiting for you at the airport after a friendly match the day before
And I do love his wife and the kids, they're such a cute family! I believe they have three kids now, two girls and a boy
Old 03-11-2009, 08:51 PM   #142
country flag Kezzi

Quote:
Definitely! Did his mother not tell him it's rude not to share!!!
Old 03-11-2009, 09:19 PM   #143
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute

Wow,some great pics and stories,thanks to everyone

A few more Ernests Gulbis pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0f521d7770-1.jpg (114.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 12_8599178_2-2.jpg (33.4 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 81329468m-3.jpg (25.8 KB, 19 views)

Cheering forNole Gilles Tomas Dima Grisha Delpo Stan Fed Nando GGL Domi
Thanks for the memories Juan Carlos!

Anci Petra Maria Sharapova Sabine Thanks for the memories Kim
Norwich City Football Club
but-it's-ok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:28 PM   #144
country flag ellen_

ellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond repute

Di I miss him so much I am such a fangirl, I'm looking at his pics all day long
"Sometimes you are embarrassed by how you are playing. Sometimes you want to be there, sometimes you want to go home. Sometimes you are fighting hard and sometimes you are fighting yourself." - Ernests Gulbis

To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle - Buddha
ellen_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:32 PM   #145

Hey Di. Thanks for the Ernest pics ... can I just say though is it just me or does he look VERY like Gilles in those pics you just posted. I wouldn't say they were identical or anything but there seems to be a resembles. I always thought it was Gillou in your avator Di but I see now it's Ernests is it?

Simon Monfils Gasquet

Old 03-11-2009, 09:33 PM   #146
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really missing him too

Yeah Eimear,its Ernests in my avie

Old 03-11-2009, 09:35 PM   #147

You never cease to amaze me with your great stories Eliane. I'm glad you had such a good experience with Harry and I'm glad he's not as bad as the British press make him out to be. Do you agree Di? The British press made Kewell out to be a selfish and arrogant git basically???

Simon Monfils Gasquet

Old 03-11-2009, 09:39 PM   #148
country flag ellen_

ellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchett View Post
I'm really missing him too

Yeah Eimear,its Ernests in my avie
You know he's taking vacation again after Miami? First tournament after Miami he entered is Barcelona! I really hope I can see him in Paris every day, for a whole week. And then in Wimbledon maybe...

A few more days before we see him again, hopefully... Luckily we still have Gilles

Eimear, I don't think they look alike at all so it must be you They both have curly hair but that's it, imo.
"Sometimes you are embarrassed by how you are playing. Sometimes you want to be there, sometimes you want to go home. Sometimes you are fighting hard and sometimes you are fighting yourself." - Ernests Gulbis

To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle - Buddha
ellen_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:41 PM   #149

Yes, must just be me Di, did you already have that Adidas boys thing in your signature or did you just add that recently? I might put it in my signature if you wouldn't mind!

Simon Monfils Gasquet

Last edited by Eimear O'Mahony : 03-11-2009 at 09:56 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:47 PM   #150
country flag but-it's-ok

Harry had his moments,we all do IMO a lot of sportsmen are one type of personality when they're competing and then you see their softer side away from the pitch,court whatever. Not sure if arrogant was quite the right word for them to use for him,or particularly selfish He seemed very confident in his abilities certainly,but then injuries set in,and he found it difficult to get back to his best level.

I think he was Ok,not the best example,but not the worst.

Ellen-they've released the Barcelona list before Monte Carlo,so goodness knows why that is. Smucav announced in the Monte Carlo thread that the entry list for there is due on 16th March and not the 3rd as was scheduled. I think Erno should be in that list. He's missing the week before in Houston/Casablanca.

EDIT:I just saw there is a provisional list,and he's not in it. I really amnow. It also doesn't mention Federer or Murray,that list might not be all that reliable
Yeah Eimear,I just stuck the Adidas bit in my siggy,yeah sure,put it in yours too

Last edited by patchett : 03-11-2009 at 10:33 PM.