I'm Rafa-Roger Fan Just Saying Hiya! - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-07-2009, 12:27 AM   #1
country flag christallh24

christallh24 has a reputation beyond reputechristallh24 has a reputation beyond reputechristallh24 has a reputation beyond reputechristallh24 has a reputation beyond reputechristallh24 has a reputation beyond reputechristallh24 has a reputation beyond reputechristallh24 has a reputation beyond reputechristallh24 has a reputation beyond reputechristallh24 has a reputation beyond reputechristallh24 has a reputation beyond reputechristallh24 has a reputation beyond repute
Default I'm Rafa-Roger Fan Just Saying Hiya!

Just making my first post here after lurking more than a year and some change. As a Rafa fan first, this board was fill of too much hard core hatred that even as a Roger fan, too, was extremely off-putting. It seemed even when the thread was about other players they would somehow turn into yet another "Roger is better than Rafael" type deal. Even though lately, the mostly mutual despise, disgust, and most puzzling to be me, hatred, has seemed to have found its own level. The vitriol between the two camps might make it hard for me to do more than lurk. There is a thread that's finally forced me to formerly introduce myself. Now that I have that done, I'll go and get what has been on my chest concerning the same ole' same ole' arguments off my chest in a thread in GM.

Thank you.
"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." --Stephen Roberts

"Religion is the masterpiece of the art of animal training, for it trains people as to how they shall think."--Arthur Schopenhauer
christallh24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2009, 11:00 AM   #2
Ivanatis

Ivanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm Rafa-Roger Fan Just Saying Hiya!

welcome
Ivanatis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:04 AM   #3
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by christallh24 View Post
Just making my first post here after lurking more than a year and some change. As a Rafa fan first, this board was fill of too much hard core hatred that even as a Roger fan, too, was extremely off-putting. It seemed even when the thread was about other players they would somehow turn into yet another "Roger is better than Rafael" type deal. Even though lately, the mostly mutual despise, disgust, and most puzzling to be me, hatred, has seemed to have found its own level. The vitriol between the two camps might make it hard for me to do more than lurk. There is a thread that's finally forced me to formerly introduce myself. Now that I have that done, I'll go and get what has been on my chest concerning the same ole' same ole' arguments off my chest in a thread in GM.

Thank you.
Funny, the vitriol here has made me post less And it has nothing to do with any player Good luck!
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 05:33 PM   #4
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

I wish you a lot of luck and moreover, a very thick skin, with this quest of yours, dear new poster.
I've tried it myself for over three years, to no avail.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 05:38 PM   #5
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

All I can say is good luck.
Lee is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 05:31 PM   #6
country flag habibko

habibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Thank you.
if you are determined to post and engage in GM, be wary of lots of hard times and getting hurt once you put your feelings on the table, GM can be an extremely painful place for sensitive people.

but the forum is much more friendly in other sections especially player's forums (not that it's 100% safe but close to it ).

personally I never take anything here too seriously and I try not to open my heart alot especially in GM, not a wise idea

but take it from someone who spends most of his time in GM, it's the most fun section in MTF once you get the right "mindset"

enjoy your time and never forget to have fun
habibko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:14 PM   #7
country flag heartbroken

heartbroken has a reputation beyond reputeheartbroken has a reputation beyond reputeheartbroken has a reputation beyond reputeheartbroken has a reputation beyond reputeheartbroken has a reputation beyond reputeheartbroken has a reputation beyond reputeheartbroken has a reputation beyond reputeheartbroken has a reputation beyond reputeheartbroken has a reputation beyond reputeheartbroken has a reputation beyond reputeheartbroken has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Thank you.
Welcome! I'm new here as well.

Just keep in mind that you don't have to be sucked into any shouting matches. I refuse to do that stuff, and I won't take the bait. I'm here to learn a few things about one of my favorite sports, and maybe have a few good conversations, if some are available. I'm not going to be offended if someone doesn't want to talk to me, and I'm not going to waste time talking to someone who can't show a basic level of respect for others. Disagreeing is fine. Being disrespectful is not. You seem like a perfectly decent human being to have a conversation with. So enjoy the conversations with those that are nice, and ignore the rest!
heartbroken is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote