Davis Cup Thread- Italia - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-17-2010, 03:17 PM   #16
country flag Champion number 1

Champion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Davis Cup Thread- Italia

Awesome Starace so far. 6-2 6-2 against Vinciguerra. Come on win the 3rd

Especially Simone Bolelli and Fabio Fognini

Juan Martin Del Potro

Roger Federer

Thomas Berdych

Fernando Verdasco
Champion number 1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2010, 03:50 PM   #17

Champion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond repute

6-2 6-2 6-2 Starace. 1-0 to Italy. Beats most predictions on here of a 5-0 whitewash.

Now we need to win 1 more rubber before the final one. The 2 chances against Soderling are slim and the doubles is tough, but Forza Italia!

Juan Martin Del Potro

Roger Federer

Thomas Berdych

Fernando Verdasco
Old 09-17-2010, 04:04 PM   #18
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Great job Poto!!!! Played really well today. Hopefully Fabio can keep it competitive with Robin, and then you never know what could happen. Just have to make sure we get the doubles tomorrow, if Simone/Daniele win, then we will be the favorites. Good luck boys, I know you guys can do it
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 05:28 PM   #19
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

pretty sure it'll be Potito playing in doubles with Bracciali or Bolelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 10:47 PM   #20
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Poto will definitely be playing the doubles I'm guessing. I would pick Bracciali but we'll see what happens. Robin beat Fabio 6-1 6-3 6-2 in around 1:15, so it's clear that this is going to come down to tomorrow and winning the doubles. Lindstedt/Aspelin are a good doubles team, so they will be underdogs, but it's not impossible. Robin may end up playing doubles himself, so we'll see.

Just win those doubles guys! Good luck.
Old 09-18-2010, 10:05 PM   #21
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Poto and Simone lost in 5 sets to Lindstedt/Aspelin after having a 2-0 sets lead, and 30-30 at 5-*4 in the third. Unfortunate way to lose the match and the tie. Neither team played very well. Simone was very poor at the end of the match, and put too much pressure on Poto, which resulted in him breaking.

Oh well, they gave a great effort, they'll just have to continue winning in zonal ties and hope they can get a Romania or Brazil, or maybe Sweden again on clay, and they'll have chances. They just aren't good enough without Seppi to beat teams in the world group playoff stage.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:38 AM   #22
country flag minhee

minhee has a reputation beyond reputeminhee has a reputation beyond reputeminhee has a reputation beyond reputeminhee has a reputation beyond reputeminhee has a reputation beyond reputeminhee has a reputation beyond reputeminhee has a reputation beyond reputeminhee has a reputation beyond reputeminhee has a reputation beyond reputeminhee has a reputation beyond reputeminhee has a reputation beyond repute

Really disappointed and heartbroken with this tough loss...
It's definitely a hard time for the team and the fans. Too discouraging.
Hope they have better luck next time and fight for their place in the world group
minhee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 07:07 PM   #23

Unfortunate loss, but a much better performance in general. Maybe next year we can finally win the play-off if we get to that stage.

Juan Martin Del Potro

Roger Federer

Thomas Berdych

Fernando Verdasco
Old 07-01-2011, 09:52 AM   #24

We play Slovenia next week in the Davis Cup to qualify for the World Group play-off match. The squad as expected is Bolelli, Bracciali, Fognini and Starace, with Volandri as the reserve I would guess.

If Fognini is fit, I would assume it is he and Starace in the singles, though Bolelli is playing well, Starace has always done well with the Davis Cup team. Possibly with Bolelli/Starace or Bolelli/Bracciali in the doubles.

Slovenia's singles players will be Kavcic and Zemlja, both of which can be threats on their day to our singles players. That said we should be disappointed if we do not win this one.

Juan Martin Del Potro

Roger Federer

Thomas Berdych

Fernando Verdasco
Old 07-12-2011, 08:21 PM   #25
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

RUBBER #1: Fognini (ITA) def. Zemlja (SLO) 1-6 6-4 6-4 6-4

RUBBER #2: Starace (ITA) def. Kavcic (SLO) 3-6 6-3 6-2 6-4

RUBBER #3: Starace/Bracciali (ITA) def. Kavcic/Zemlja (SLO) 7-6(3) 7-6(4) 6-2

RUBBER #4:
Fognini (ITA) def. Bedene (SLO) 6-2 2-2 ret.

RUBBER #5: Bolelli (ITA) def. Zemlja (SLO) 7-5 6-3

Italy won the tie 5-0 over Slovenia!!!! Great performance from Poto in his singles and he and Daniele make a great doubles pair. Daniele played great in the doubles match.

In the WG playoff stage they will play one of Czech Republic, Russia, Israel, Croatia, India, Chile, Austria, or Romania.

The only teams on that list I don't want to see Italy play are the Czechs and Russia. Russia would be a road tie, and on fast indoor courts, that wouldn't be a good match-up. The Czechs have Berdych, and Stepanek plays great in Davis Cup.

Croatia would be a home tie and they can beat Croatia at home on clay. The teams we most want to play are Romania, Austria and Chile.

Hopefully Italy can make the world group this year
Old 07-13-2011, 12:44 PM   #26
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Italy plays at Chile for a spot in the WG. All in all, that's a great draw for the Italians. Chile doesn't really have a doubles team, Massu has declined, Gonzalez isn't 100% fit and who knows when he will be, and Capdeville is mediocre.

The question now is, while Chile select hard court? That may be their best chance. But if Italy is going to make the WG, this is about as golden an opportunity as they will receive.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:46 PM   #27

Good tie indeed as long as Gonzalez doesnt roll back the years. Great win v Slovenia aswell

Juan Martin Del Potro

Roger Federer

Thomas Berdych

Fernando Verdasco
Old 09-15-2011, 10:44 AM   #28

Chile this week on Hard courts in their country.

Fognini, Starace, Bolelli and Bracciali is the team.

Fognini and Starace will be the singles and I think after their USO run Fogini and Bolelli should be the doubles.

Juan Martin Del Potro

Roger Federer

Thomas Berdych

Fernando Verdasco
Old 09-15-2011, 10:40 PM   #29
country flag RogiRulz

RogiRulz has a reputation beyond reputeRogiRulz has a reputation beyond reputeRogiRulz has a reputation beyond reputeRogiRulz has a reputation beyond reputeRogiRulz has a reputation beyond reputeRogiRulz has a reputation beyond reputeRogiRulz has a reputation beyond reputeRogiRulz has a reputation beyond reputeRogiRulz has a reputation beyond reputeRogiRulz has a reputation beyond reputeRogiRulz has a reputation beyond repute

Forza!

Juan Martin Del Potro

Fabio Fognini | Andreas Seppi | Gianluigi Quinzi | Matteo Donati
Grigor Dimitrov | Feliciano Lopez | Stanislas Wawrinka | Tomas Berdych
Novak Djokovic | Jurgen Melzer | Ryan Harrison | John Isner
RogiRulz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 06:17 PM   #30

Starace won the first rubber in 4 against Capdeville. Excellent win and Poto keeps up his great Davis Cup record. Fognini next against Gonzalez and a win here would take us a long way to winning this. Tough match though, Gonzalez used to be a big game player.

Juan Martin Del Potro

Roger Federer

Thomas Berdych

Fernando Verdasco