***Ending on a high note*** The a-ha thread - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-12-2010, 10:40 PM   #76
country flag Eden
# Support the Swiss

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ***Ending on a high note*** The a-ha thread

Nice 8000 € question today on the German "Who wants to be a millionaire":

Which band is going to play their last ever concert on December 4th in Oslo?

A: Rolling Stones
B: a-ha
C: Kiss
D: Spice Girls

The lady answers A, says Oslo is in Sweden and goes home with 500 €
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2010, 12:31 AM   #77
gillian

gillian has a reputation beyond reputegillian has a reputation beyond reputegillian has a reputation beyond reputegillian has a reputation beyond reputegillian has a reputation beyond reputegillian has a reputation beyond reputegillian has a reputation beyond reputegillian has a reputation beyond reputegillian has a reputation beyond reputegillian has a reputation beyond reputegillian has a reputation beyond repute

I've been able to watch some of the concert the band did with the Oslo Philharmonic Orchestra and it is truly AMAZING. I love hearing some of the lesser known songs live ("Blue Sky" "Here I Stand & Face the Rain"). I only wish I could have been there.

I now have all their albums, except East of the Sun and West of the Moon. Minor Earth Major Sky & Scoundrel Days are my 2 favorites, but I really love ALL of their music. Truly a special band.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:24 AM   #78
country flag Eden
# Support the Swiss

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillian View Post
I've been able to watch some of the concert the band did with the Oslo Philharmonic Orchestra and it is truly AMAZING. I love hearing some of the lesser known songs live ("Blue Sky" "Here I Stand & Face the Rain"). I only wish I could have been there.
It's always nice to hear these lesser known songs live at a concert. The fans who go to more concerts wanted to hear more variety and versions of songs the band didn't play that often but of course they had to take into consideration that a lot of the people who go to their concerts wanted to hear their classics and so a-ha had to find the right balance.

Also it requires some work to play a different setlist through a tour and I think many fans are disappointed that a-ha haven't changed the setlist that much in their last 2 tours.

I'm already getting emotional about the thought that all is over on Saturday

I regret it that I can't be in Oslo for the last concert

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillian View Post
I now have all their albums, except East of the Sun and West of the Moon. Minor Earth Major Sky & Scoundrel Days are my 2 favorites, but I really love ALL of their music. Truly a special band.
I can highly recommend you the EOTSWOTM album One of my alltime favourite songs is on it: "Slender frame".

Wouldn't it be a nice present to get for Christmas?
Old 12-05-2010, 02:08 PM   #79
country flag Eden
# Support the Swiss

Unhappy Re: ***Ending on a high note*** The a-ha thread

Thank you all

A Message From a-ha:

where to begin…
i suppose ‘thank you, all’ for once sums it up perfectly.
thank you is really the only thing that makes any sense at this point. thank you fans and friends – for giving us your time, your minds, your passion, in some cases a good chunk of your respective lives, and no doubt considerable amounts of your money.
you have made it possible for us to do what we loved in the way we had hoped to do it.
this is the end for us, and we will not know what a future together could have brought.
but we do know what the past has held; it was pretty amazing to be a part of it.
from the start as childhood friends, to the peak of our career, and all the points inbetween,
a-ha has coloured our lives in ways we don’t even seem to comprehend ourselves.
this is as far as the road took us – but hey, we came a fair distance by any standard!
one thing is certain: we did it together. now a-ha will be a memory of a life we once shared.
so thank you all
we will not forget you and we hope that you do not forget us.

snipp snapp snute…

magne f (on behalf of a-ha)

http://a-ha.com/news/articles/thank-you-all/

Old 12-05-2010, 02:16 PM   #80
country flag Eden
# Support the Swiss

A song called "Bowling green" which a-ha dedicated to their former manager Terry Slater at their last concert yesterday in Oslo

Old 12-10-2010, 09:20 PM   #81
country flag Eden
# Support the Swiss

The last "Take on me" ever

Old 12-29-2010, 01:00 PM   #82
country flag Eden
# Support the Swiss

Andreea, you can see the inteviews with Morten, Magne and Pal from the "Number One" report on Kabel1 from yesterday online.

They are in English without any subtitles.

Here is the link to the first part of the interview with Morten:

http://www.kabeleins.de/musik/number...-teil-1_38802/

In case you can't see the link from abroad - which apparently has happened to Non-German viewers - you can watch it here:

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/7915639/...on_A_ha_Teil_1

The interviews were already made last year shortly after the band announced the break-up.

There have also been interviews with one of Morten's nieces and Bunty Bailey, who was the girl in the "Take on me" video and became Morten's girlfriend later on.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:08 AM   #83
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for posting the interview link Eden And for pointing me in the direction of this thread

I remember Take on Me when it first came out, and have their first couple of albums on vinyl Yes, I'm ancient! My favourite track is The Sun Always Shines on TV, but A-Ha were just one of those bands that just never had a bad tune imo. Shame they felt they had to call it a day but great that they managed to enjoy the ride for so long

Gillou ~~~~~ & ~~~~~ Andy
MsTree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 05:21 PM   #84
country flag NicolasKiefer44

NicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond repute

They will never fade in my eyes. I will never let go. The music will always live. I hope they keep the website open. Does anyone know of a great forum out there for a-ha? Or maybe there is a most popular forum out there for them?

** TEAM KIWI - NicolasKiefer44, Kezzi, Clashcityrocker, Catchie, EnriqueIG8- TEAM KIWI **
NicolasKiefer44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:05 PM   #85
country flag Eden
# Support the Swiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTree View Post
Thanks for posting the interview link Eden And for pointing me in the direction of this thread
You are welcome

Quote:
I remember Take on Me when it first came out, and have their first couple of albums on vinyl Yes, I'm ancient!
I'm ancient then as well because I also have them on vinyl And wasn't it beautiful to have such huge covers back then compared to the small ones you have these days with CDs?

Quote:
My favourite track is The Sun Always Shines on TV, but A-Ha were just one of those bands that just never had a bad tune imo.
Oh, I would say "Cry wolf" for example is a really bad tune - yet a-ha always seemed to like the song and play it at concerts

Quote:
Shame they felt they had to call it a day but great that they managed to enjoy the ride for so long
Yes, but it's without a doubt a better end to finish a career when people say "It's so sad that you are going to stop" instead of "When will you finally cease?"
Old 01-03-2011, 06:30 PM   #86
country flag Eden
# Support the Swiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicolasKiefer44 View Post
They will never fade in my eyes. I will never let go. The music will always live.
That's what the guys also say

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicolasKiefer44 View Post
Does anyone know of a great forum out there for a-ha? Or maybe there is a most popular forum out there for them?
I guess you are mainly interested in an English speaking one, right?

Then you should visit this one: http://www.a-ha-wotm.com/

I post only in German ones where we have fans from abroad as well and therefore you can always ask something in English but the main language is German.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:47 AM   #87
country flag Eden
# Support the Swiss

a-ha got a special prize in Norway. Morten and Magne were there to receive it.

http://www.tv2.no/play/underholdning...?progId=497499

(First some Norwegian artists perform "The sun always shines on TV")
Old 03-17-2011, 07:46 PM   #88
country flag Eden
# Support the Swiss

A year ago this month, a-ha launched their final world tour in South America. The Ending on a High Note tour was a live celebration of a-ha’s 25 year career, which included stops in 63 cities in 21 countries, and culminated in four concerts in their home town of Oslo last December. The band’s last ever live concert took place on December 4, 2010, and was recorded for release on DVD.

The Final Concert will be available in four formats: Blu-ray, DVD, Deluxe (2 CDs + DVD) and CD only. The tracklists are:

CD 1
1. The Sun Always Shines On TV
2. Move To Memphis
3. The Blood That Moves The Body
4. Scoundrel Days
5. The Swing Of Things
6. Forever Not Yours
7. Stay On These Roads
8. Manhattan Skyline
9. Hunting High And Low
10. We`re Looking For The Whales

CD2
1. Butterfly, Butterfly (The last hurrah)
2. Crying In The Rain
3. Minor Earth, Major Sky
4. Summer Moved on
5. I`ve Been Losing You
6. Foot Of The Mountain
7. Cry Wolf
8. Analogue
9. The Living Daylights
10. Take On Me

DVD
1. The Sun Always Shines On TV
2. Move To Memphis
3. The Blood That Moves the Body
4. Scoundrel Days
5. The Swing of Things
6. Forever Not Yours
7. Stay On These Roads
8. Manhattan Skyline
9. Hunting High And Low
10. We’re Looking For The Whales
11. Butterfly, Butterfly (The Last Hurrah)
12. Crying In The Rain
13. Minor Earth Major Sky
14. Summer Moved On
15. I’ve Been Losing You
16. Foot Of The Mountain
17. Cry Wolf
18. Analogue
19. The Living Daylights
20. Take On Me
Old 07-03-2011, 04:36 PM   #89
gillian

gillian has a reputation beyond reputegillian has a reputation beyond reputegillian has a reputation beyond reputegillian has a reputation beyond reputegillian has a reputation beyond reputegillian has a reputation beyond reputegillian has a reputation beyond reputegillian has a reputation beyond reputegillian has a reputation beyond reputegillian has a reputation beyond reputegillian has a reputation beyond repute

Dying to get the "Final Concert" DVD. I'm so grateful I got to see a-ha live before they retired. Amazing band. I'll miss them.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:21 AM   #90
country flag Eden
# Support the Swiss

a-ha are going to take part in a concert at the national memorial service for the victims of the tragedy in Norway which will take place in Oslo on August 21st.

http://a-ha.com/news/articles/a-ha-p...orial-service/