***Ending on a high note*** The a-ha thread - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-20-2010, 04:03 PM   #61
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ***Ending on a high note*** The a-ha thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillian View Post
A friend introduced me to a-ha earlier this year (I'd only known them through "Take On Me") And I've fallen in love with this band. Seriously. I was so thrilled when I got to see them at their tour stop in Chicago (I did a write-up of it at my blog http://ghateswriting.blogspot.com/20...hose-guys.html). Such an awesome show, I didn't want it to end. I'm only sad that I'm discovering this band in the twilight of its career. But what a marvelous twilight it is.
Thanks a lot for your great report It's fantastic that you discovered the band right in time and got to see them in concert.

Do you think there would be a chance for you to travel to Europe to see them in one of their last shows?

A lot of fans from countries where the band hasn't performed in for years always travelled to Europe when a-ha performed here.

Which 3 albums do you have of them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
I missed their US stop. Oh well. Didn't they get together for Live 8 as well? I saw internet streams of a-ha during Live8, much better than what was broadcasting in the US, btw! I was surprised they were still playing and still such a draw that they were playing Live 8 in Europe!

My favorite song is "Stay On These Roads" I could listen over and over.
Sorry for you that you missed their concerts

The band got together again after their break for the Nobel Peace Price Concert in 1998, where they played "The sun always shines on TV" and their new song "Summer moved on". They released the album "Minor earth major sky" in 2000 and went on touring in the same year. In 2002 they played for the first time in 9 years in Great Britain. In 2005 they gave a concert in New York, which was the first one of the band there since nearly 20 years.
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2010, 04:03 PM   #62
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Morten's special way to forget his lines

I saw the band in Halle yesterday and it was quite strange to stand on the ground where I have seen a grasscourt tournament a few weeks ago. Magne twice made an association to Halle and tennis.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:36 PM   #63
country flag MariusD
Banned!

MariusD has a reputation beyond reputeMariusD has a reputation beyond reputeMariusD has a reputation beyond reputeMariusD has a reputation beyond reputeMariusD has a reputation beyond reputeMariusD has a reputation beyond reputeMariusD has a reputation beyond reputeMariusD has a reputation beyond reputeMariusD has a reputation beyond reputeMariusD has a reputation beyond reputeMariusD has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't heard of them until now, but they're pretty good...
MariusD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:58 PM   #64
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariusD View Post
Haven't heard of them until now, but they're pretty good...
How old are you if I may ask and from which country?

a-ha had their breakthrough in 1985 and were successful all over the world at that time. They hold the worldrecord in performing at a concert in a stadion - nearly 190 000 people watched them in 1991 in Rio de Janeiro

At first they were seen as what you would call "boy band" now, but they tried to escape that image with new styles, in look and music. They had a few years break in the 90ies and it wasn't sure whether they would come back, but then they played at the Nobel Peace Price Concert in Oslo in 1998 and released a very successful comeback album in 2000.

A lot of current musicians have said that they were influenced by the music of a-ha.

You can find a lot of their concerts on youtube, which give you an impression of their songs, especially ones which you won't find on their upcoming Best of Album "25". That CD will include all their singles from the past 25 years
Old 07-26-2010, 02:50 PM   #65
country flag MariusD
Banned!

MariusD has a reputation beyond reputeMariusD has a reputation beyond reputeMariusD has a reputation beyond reputeMariusD has a reputation beyond reputeMariusD has a reputation beyond reputeMariusD has a reputation beyond reputeMariusD has a reputation beyond reputeMariusD has a reputation beyond reputeMariusD has a reputation beyond reputeMariusD has a reputation beyond reputeMariusD has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
How old are you if I may ask and from which country?
I'm 19 from Utrecht, NL. Listening now to some of their tunes, like Take on Me, most of them sound very familiar, though I had no idea they beloged to Aha. I guess they're the type of songs you hear in pubs and in movies, but you aren't given a clue about who is performing.
MariusD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 05:55 PM   #66
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
I'm 19 from Utrecht, NL.
I have been in Utrecht this year - nice town

Well, when you are 19 you weren't even born when a-ha had their breakthrough, but I know some fans of them who belong to the "younger" generation and have discovered the band through their later stuff.

Quote:
Listening now to some of their tunes, like Take on Me, most of them sound very familiar, though I had no idea they beloged to Aha. I guess they're the type of songs you hear in pubs and in movies, but you aren't given a clue about who is performing.
"Take on me" is surely their most known song which probably gets played the most often together with "The sun always shines on TV", which is also from their first album "Hunting high and low".

a-ha even did a soundtrack in 1987 for a James Bond movie

These old songs fascinate people the most at their concerts, but that probably goes for every artist that the so-called classics get the most recognition
Old 07-31-2010, 11:00 PM   #67
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

A 15 minutes long interview with Morten in English can be seen here

http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/beitr...nterview-(engl.)
Old 08-01-2010, 07:15 AM   #68
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

OMG, some people are really blessed 50 years and still smoking
acionescu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 09:06 AM   #69
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Will there ever be a concert where Morten won't forget his lines?

go to 1:40 and you will see it
Old 10-06-2010, 12:14 PM   #70
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

a-ha performed together with the Oslo Philharmonic Orchestra the whole songs from their first two albums "Hunting high and low" and "Scoundrel days" in Oslo on October 4th. It was a charity concert.

Would have loved to be there

Some highlights

Old 10-26-2010, 10:54 AM   #71
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
OMG, some people are really blessed 50 years and still smoking
He still looks great even though he loses hair He even gets asked about his hair in interviews Seriously: Don't have journalists more intelligent questions to ask?

It's really bad that you were never able to see a-ha live Andreea

I already had tears in my eyes yesterday during a concert and I'm pretty sure that I will really get emotional on Friday when I'm going to see them the last time ever

Somehow an important part of my life is going to end then. This band has accompanied me since I was 11 or 12 years old and I grew up with them.
I still remember when my friend and I went to our first concert of a-ha in 1991. Afterwards I said this had been the best day of my life... Well, since then more great days happened but I will always remember how I felt when I saw them for the first time on stage
Old 10-26-2010, 11:04 AM   #72
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

I listen to the concert at RAH on BBC some days ago. Morten's voice was but you could still feel the magic

I bet Morten is glad he got old. On their clips on YT there is NO video where how Morten looks is not mentioned at least 100 times

he was indeed perfect

Last edited by acionescu : 10-26-2010 at 04:38 PM.
acionescu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:33 PM   #73
country flag Winnipeg
Banned!

Winnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond repute

a-ha has to be one of my all time favorite bands...my fave songs from them is the original take on me and hunting high and low.
glad to see they have some other fans on here!
Winnipeg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:06 PM   #74
country flag dombrfc

dombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond repute

Takeee onnn meeeee

Old 10-28-2010, 10:06 AM   #75
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
I listen to the concert at RAH on BBC some days ago. Morten's voice was but you could still feel the magic
I think his voice is very good at the moment

Quote:
I bet Morten is glad he got old. On their clips on YT there is NO video where how Morten looks is not mentioned at least 100 times
It's also mentioned in every printed article. I'm sure it's annoying for him - he has to read and here stuff like this since 25 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg View Post
a-ha has to be one of my all time favorite bands...my fave songs from them is the original take on me and hunting high and low.
glad to see they have some other fans on here!
Nice to hear from another one who appreciates the band

a-ha published a remastered version of the "Hunting high and low" album this year where you can also find the demo versions of the songs. I haven't got the CD yet but plan to get it later - probably next year as a comfort when I can't buy a new regular album of the band

"Hunting high and low" is one of my all-time favourite songs and it's always special to listen to it at a concert and get the opportunity to sing along to it.

a-ha have a conflicting attitude towards "Take on me". They know that this song has been very important for their career but to get asked about one song for 25 years is a bit annoying for them.
If they could they wouldn't play the song on every concert but they know that the crowd wants to hear it and therefore they play it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dombrfc View Post
Takeee onnn meeeee

Another "Take on me" fan I guess