***Ending on a high note*** The a-ha thread - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-17-2009, 03:57 PM   #46
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: a-ha are going to break up in 2010

*checks if she has RTL*....

EDIT:
acionescu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2009, 11:36 PM   #47
country flag clever1980

clever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for starting the thread Doris. Are they really separating? I don't see their schedule to perform in the U.S..
clever1980 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:24 AM   #48
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

Have a great time at the concert, Doris

and grope Morten for me
acionescu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 05:23 PM   #49
country flag Eden
We know how it feels

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: *** Riding the crest *** The a-ha thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by clever1980 View Post
Thanks for starting the thread Doris. Are they really separating? I don't see their schedule to perform in the U.S..
Tarrie, nice to see you in here

The news about the seperation are true indeed

The band posted the following message on their homepage to announce the break-up:

Quote:
A-HA SAY GOODBYE WITH A FAREWELL TOUR 2010

10-15-09

A fantastic international career spanning almost 3 decades of making pop history.
9 studio albums with sales in excess of 35 million - 70 million units including singles.
15 top ten singles in the UK alone. Nominations, awards, and multiple world tours - including the legendary show at the Maracana Stadium, Rio de Janeiro in 1992, which earned a Guinness World Record for the largest-ever audience attendance at a paid concert - a whopping 196.000 people!
In the mid 80's, the Norwegian trio generated teenage hysteria and general pandemonium wherever they went. Since reforming in 1999 after a 7-year hiatus, the band has seen the focus shift away from the pop phenomenon they once were towards the musical legacy they leave behind - inspiring a whole generation of esteemed artists of today, from Coldplay and Keane, to Kanye West, Oasis, The Strokes, Robbie Williams, even U2.

In 2006 the band received a 'Q Inspiration Award' in honor of their lasting musical influence.

With the current album 'Foot of The Mountain' enjoying both commercial success and critical acclaim, A-ha has decided to call it a day.

As a consequence, A-ha will not be releasing any further albums in the future.

The band would like to thank their fans and everyone who has contributed to their amazing journey, and say:

'We've literally lived the ultimate boy's adventure tale, through a longer, more rewarding career than anyone could hope for.
Doing this now will give us a chance to get more involved in other meaningful aspects of life, be it humanitarian work, politics, or whatever else - and of course through new constellations in the field of art and music. We are retiring as a band, not as individuals.
Change is always difficult and It is easy to get set in one's ways. Now it is time to move on.'

2010 marks the 25-year anniversary of A-ha's multi-platinum debut album 'Hunting High & Low' and the debut single 'Take On Me' which with the aid of a truly unforgettable video went on to become a number 1 in 27 countries worldwide, including USA.

The band will make a final world tour in 2010 to end their collaboration on a high note.
The last concert will take place in Oslo on December the 4th. See you there!
Source:
http://www.a-ha.com/news/languages/e...px?PostID=4214

Tour dates for the new year aren't available yet, with the exception of the last concert in Oslo on December 4th and - because it was sold out immediately - there is going to be another show in Oslo the day before.

This is what you can read about the plans for 2010 on a-ha com:

Quote:
In March, a-ha will spend approximately three weeks touring in South America.
There will be a two-week tour of North American cities in May.
The summer months take a-ha back to Europe and the UK for some festivals.
There is going to be a European tour to round up everything in October and November.
Source: http://www.a-ha.com/news/languages/e...px?PostID=3610

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
Have a great time at the concert, Doris
Thanks I guess it will be great and emotional at the same time. I'm going to meet up with lots of fans and a discussion about the break up is inevitable, but of course we will rock

Unfortunately I don't have a really good seat tomorrow, but at least I'm there - and I still can see the band again in nearly 3 weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post

and grope Morten for me
Who is Morten? You know that I prefer the guys who don't have loss of hair (not only in musicians )
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 04:19 PM   #50
country flag Eden
We know how it feels

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

a-ha's concert in Cologne was just incredible and everyone I talked to about it was ecstatic about the evening.
Unfortunately the people I went with to the show all had tickets for the interior whilst I had to sit on the grandstand, but I had a really good place there. I didn't wanted to go to my actual seat because I came into the hall a bit late as we were in a restaurant before.
The opening act - the German band Stanfour - had already started and it was quite dark to find my place. I sat down on a block where they normally don't sell tickets for and had a good look at the stage from there. It was so impressive to see the whole arena. Everyone stood up immediately when a-ha entered the stage, clapped hands and sang along.
Morten, Magne and Pal played lots of old songs and at one time I was wondering whether they would play all the songs from the "Hunting high and low" album
Unfortunately they didn't said anything on stage about the upcoming seperation of the band, but the evening wasn't meant to be a sad one anyway. It was a huge party and I guess I talk for many fans when I say that it was only at certain moments a bit emotional to think about the fact that we won't see them together from the end of 2010 any more.

This is the setlist:

The Sun Always Shines on TV
Riding the Crest
The Bandstand
Scoundrel Days
Stay on These Roads
Manhattan Skyline
Hunting High and Low
The Blood That Moves The Body
Dream Myself Alive
And You Tell Me
Velvet
Train of Thought
Sunny Mystery
Forever Not Yours
Shadowside
Summer Moved On
Foot of the Mountain

Encore:

Cry Wolf
Analogue
The Living Daylights

Second Encore:

Take On Me
Old 12-12-2009, 08:22 PM   #51
country flag Eden
We know how it feels

This is just great

Old 02-02-2010, 09:26 PM   #52
country flag Eden
We know how it feels

A-ha Returning To America For Farewell Tour Dates

Monday, February 1, 2010
By Jeffrey Hyatt

As part of their ‘Ending on a High Note’ farewell tour, a-ha will be doing a handful of dates in New York and Los Angeles this May; it marks just the second time since 1986 the Norwegian trio have visited the U.S. Back in 2005, a-ha played a single show in America, at Irving Plaza in New York on September 12.

2010 marks the 25-year anniversary of a-ha’s multi-platinum debut album Hunting High & Low and the famous single “Take On Me,” which, with the help of a classic music video, went on to become number 1 in 27 countries worldwide. The last a-ha concert will take place in Oslo on December 4th.

Earlier this year, around the release of their current album Foot of The Mountain, Morten Harket, Magne Furuholmen, and Paul Waaktaar-Savoy decided to call it a day.

“We’ve literally lived the ultimate boy’s adventure tale, through a longer, more rewarding career than anyone could hope for,” the band explained. “Doing this now will give us a chance to get more involved in other meaningful aspects of life, be it humanitarian work, politics, or whatever else – and of course through new constellations in the field of art and music. We are retiring as a band, not as individuals.”

The band statement closed by saying:

“Change is always difficult and It is easy to get set in one’s ways. Now it is time to move on.’
Even though a-ha didn’t make it back to the states after the ‘86 tour until the 2005 gig (the concert sold out in 52 minutes!), and never reached the supreme heights of their debut album in the U.S. market, the trio remained a massively popular act worldwide; 9 studio albums with sales in excess of 35 million – 70 million units including singles, one of the biggest-selling Norwegian act of all time, 15 top ten singles in the UK alone and big world tours – including the legendary show at the Maracana Stadium, Rio de Janeiro in 1992, which earned a Guinness World Record for the largest-ever audience attendance at a paid concert – 196,000 people.

Beginning February 2, a-ha.com members will have the opportunity to purchase some of the best seats in the house during a ticket presale.

a-ha 2010 Tour Dates:

03/04 – Buenos Aires, AR @ Luna Park
03/06 – Santiago, CL @ Movistar Arena
03/09 – Bauru, BR @ Alameda Quality Center
03/10 – Sao Paulo, BR @ Credicard Hall
03/13 – Rio de Janeiro, BR @ Citibank Hall
03/14 – Belo Horizonte, BR @ Chevrolet Hall
03/16 – Brasilia, BR @ Centro de Convenções
03/18 – Recife, BR @ Chevrolet Hall
03/20 – Fortaleza, BR @ Siara Hall
05/06 – New York, NY @ Nokia Theatre
05/07 – New York, NY @ Nokia Theatre
05/15 – Los Angeles, CA @ Club Nokia
05/28 – Mönchengladbach, DE @ Warsteiner HockeyPark
05/29 – Trier, DE @ Arena Trier
05/30 – Hessentag, DE @ Stadtallendorf
06/01 – Kiel, DE @ Sparkassen-Arena-Kiel
07/18 – Salem, DE @ Schloß Salem
07/23 – Emmendingen, DE @ Schlossplatz
07/24 – Halle, DE @ Gerry Weber Stadion
07/25 – Dresden, DE @ Filmnächte am Elbufer
10/10 – Amsterdam, NL @ Heineken Music Hall
10/11 – Brussels, BE @ Forest National
10/12 – Paris, FR @ Le Zenith
10/14 – Madrid, ES @ Palacio Vista Alegre
10/15 – Barcelona, ES @ St. Jordi Club
10/18 – Munich, DE @ Olympiahalle München
10/19 – Stuttgart, DE @ Porsche-Arena
10/20 – Nurnberg, DE @ Arena Nürnberger Versicherung
10/22 – Leipzig, DE @ Arena Leipzig
10/23 – Rostock, DE @ Stadthalle Rostock
10/25 – Braunschweig, DE @ Volkswagen Halle
10/26 – Mannheim, DE @ SAP Arena
10/28 – Hamburg, DE @ Color Line Arena
10/29 – Berlin, DE @ O2 World
12/02 – Oslo, NO @ Oslo Spektrum
12/03 – Oslo, NO @ Oslo Spektrum
12/04 – Oslo, NO @ Oslo Spektrum

Source: http://beatcrave.com/2010-02-01/a-ha...ll-tour-dates/
Old 03-08-2010, 09:09 PM   #53
country flag Eden
We know how it feels

The ‘Ending on a High Note’ tour started on a high note in Argentina on Thursday night, with a sold out show at Luna Park in Buenos Aires.

This was the setlist for the concert:

Bandstand
Foot of the Mountain
Analogue
Forever Not Yours
Summer Moved On
Move To Memphis
Crying in the Rain
Stay On These Roads
Blood That Moves The Body
Living Daylights
Early Morning
And You Tell Me
Scoundrel Days
Cry Wolf
Looking For The Whales
Manhattan Skyline
I’ve Been Loosing You
Living A Boys Adventure Tale
Hunting High and Low
Train Of Thought
The Sun Always Shines on TV
Take on Me

Pictures can be found here: http://www.flickr.com/groups/a-ha_dotcom/
Old 05-07-2010, 05:38 AM   #54
country flag clever1980

clever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond repute

Doris!! I had a great time.. It was so much fun. I will try to write a little about it in coming days. (From what I can recall..) It is 1:50 AM and I just got home..
Old 05-12-2010, 05:13 PM   #55
country flag Eden
We know how it feels

Default Re: ***Ending on a high note*** The a-ha thread

Tarrie Great to hear that you enjoyed the concert I'm really looking forward to read what you have to say about the evening.

You can find links to pictures from the concerts on www.a-ha.com (Maybe you'll discover yourself on one of them )

a-ha will give a very special concert on October 8 in the Royal Albert Hall in London. They are going to perform the whole "Hunting high and low" album there.

I haven't checked yet, but I'm pretty sure half of the members of the a-ha forums will attend the show
Old 05-16-2010, 02:06 AM   #56
country flag clever1980

Hi Doris.. So Are you going to their London concert?

Sorry it took me so long to write a couple of paragraphs.

Here is my May 6 2010 concert experience. A-ha performed at Nokia Theater which I have never been to before. Door opened at 7 PM but I was so surprised to see there was already a line formed outside when I got there at 5:20 PM. They have quite a few fans obviously. (I believed tickets for both days they performed in NY were sold out.)

Nokia Theater is rather small, and stage is low. There were standing area in front and seats at the back. As an old lady I am, I chose to just take a seat. It would have been really nice to stand because we would have gotten a rather close place near the stage.

Norwegian singer-songwriter Sondre Lerche opened the show and sang for 30 mins. The special guest was not at all interesting to me. And he began to worry me with thoughts like "What if A-ha is boring too?" To be honest with you, I am not really a diehard fan and I doesn’t know too much about them. I got to see a few of their MTVs when I was growing up. I do own a couple of their CDs (I don't remember what they are )so I am familiar with some of their songs. But kind of lost touch with their band when I moved to the States.

The band showed up at at around 9 PM. Once their opening song, BandStand was played, I knew they wouldn’t disappoint. They music was electric. Even though stage arrangement wasn’t as grand as other concerts I had seen, I wasn’t complaining. It was a smaller but more intimate concert. Morten is still soooooooooooo cute. Many fans were dancing, (or shaking ) some were singing along. When they showed their photos from the past until now in the background, I felt really sad thinking how much time has passed. I wondered had they sung “Crying in the rain,” I would probably shed a tear or two.)

Concert wasn’t as long as I would have liked. It was over too soon. And I also wish they would have given a couple of speeches besides "Hello New York" or "Thank you" since it was their farewell tour. I have to say I loved every song they chose to sing. Especially Bandstand, Move to Memphis, Stay on these roads, Crywolf, Manhattan Skyline, The Living Daylights, .. Love them all. It would have been nice if they would sing “You are the one” dedicating to me..

Over all, I had a great time reliving my young life for a couple of hours and my friends liked the concert as well even though they didn’t even know the band. (I didn’t have any photos to post here because my camera isn’t good enough.)
Old 05-20-2010, 02:13 PM   #57
country flag Eden
We know how it feels

Quote:
Hi Doris..
Tarrie Thanks so much for your report I really enjoyed to read what you had to say.

Quote:
So Are you going to their London concert?
No, I won't be going. I will see the band 3 times in Germany this year, that has to be enough If there wouldn't have been any shows here in Germany I would have probably considered going, as I think it will be really special just to hear the songs from their debut album.

Quote:
Sorry it took me so long to write a couple of paragraphs.
No problem at all

Quote:
Here is my May 6 2010 concert experience. A-ha performed at Nokia Theater which I have never been to before. Door opened at 7 PM but I was so surprised to see there was already a line formed outside when I got there at 5:20 PM. They have quite a few fans obviously. (I believed tickets for both days they performed in NY were sold out.)

Nokia Theater is rather small, and stage is low. There were standing area in front and seats at the back. As an old lady I am, I chose to just take a seat. It would have been really nice to stand because we would have gotten a rather close place near the stage.
It's much more comfortable to have a seated place and don't have to wait already hours in front of the door in order to belong to the first people to get into the hall and get a place in front of the stage. But I stood at most of the a-ha concerts I had been to and it simply belongs to a concert of them to get pushed by other fans and leave the concert with bruises

Since a few years you get seated places for most of their concerts and you have to be really quick and lucky to get a place for the first rows.

Quote:
Norwegian singer-songwriter Sondre Lerche opened the show and sang for 30 mins. The special guest was not at all interesting to me.
I haven't listened to any stuff from him, but a-ha's supporting acts are often fellow musicians from Scandinavia. I really liked the opening band from their last tour, "Stanfour" from Germany. They were very good

Quote:
And he began to worry me with thoughts like "What if A-ha is boring too?"

Quote:
The band showed up at at around 9 PM. Once their opening song, BandStand was played, I knew they wouldn’t disappoint. They music was electric. Even though stage arrangement wasn’t as grand as other concerts I had seen, I wasn’t complaining. It was a smaller but more intimate concert. Morten is still soooooooooooo cute. Many fans were dancing, (or shaking ) some were singing along. When they showed their photos from the past until now in the background, I felt really sad thinking how much time has passed. I wondered had they sung “Crying in the rain,” I would probably shed a tear or two.)

Quote:
Concert wasn’t as long as I would have liked. It was over too soon.
I always feel this way, too.

Quote:
And I also wish they would have given a couple of speeches besides "Hello New York" or "Thank you" since it was their farewell tour.

Sorry, that I laugh, but this sentence is nothing new for us European fans who got to see them frequently The guys never say much on the stage and if it wouldn't be for Magne it would be even more silent.

When I got to see the band last year after the announcement of their split had been made I really hoped they would say something about it during the concerts, but they didn't mention it with one word, which I found a bit disappointing.

I'm curious how it will be this year at the German concerts.

Quote:
I have to say I loved every song they chose to sing. Especially Bandstand, Move to Memphis, Stay on these roads, Crywolf, Manhattan Skyline, The Living Daylights, .. Love them all. It would have been nice if they would sing “You are the one” dedicating to me..
Nice favourites - apart from "Cry Wolf" I never liked this song and I know that I'm not the only one who thinks so. But somehow a-ha seem to like to perform it.

Quote:
Over all, I had a great time reliving my young life for a couple of hours and my friends liked the concert as well even though they didn’t even know the band. (I didn’t have any photos to post here because my camera isn’t good enough.)
It's great that you had such a wonderful time and that your friends also enjoyed the concert

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts
Old 06-14-2010, 08:01 PM   #58
country flag Eden
We know how it feels

Today there was the world premiere for a new a-ha song called "Butterfly, Butterfly (the last hurrah)", which will be included on “25″, a new best-of compilation to be released on July 19.

You can listen to the song here:

http://www.warnerwall.no/h%C3%B8r-de...elen-til-a-ha/
Old 06-19-2010, 02:06 AM   #59
gillian

gillian has a reputation beyond reputegillian has a reputation beyond reputegillian has a reputation beyond reputegillian has a reputation beyond reputegillian has a reputation beyond reputegillian has a reputation beyond reputegillian has a reputation beyond reputegillian has a reputation beyond reputegillian has a reputation beyond reputegillian has a reputation beyond reputegillian has a reputation beyond repute

A friend introduced me to a-ha earlier this year (I'd only known them through "Take On Me") And I've fallen in love with this band. Seriously. I was so thrilled when I got to see them at their tour stop in Chicago (I did a write-up of it at my blog http://ghateswriting.blogspot.com/20...hose-guys.html). Such an awesome show, I didn't want it to end. I'm only sad that I'm discovering this band in the twilight of its career. But what a marvelous twilight it is.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:54 AM   #60
lurker

lurker has a reputation beyond reputelurker has a reputation beyond reputelurker has a reputation beyond reputelurker has a reputation beyond reputelurker has a reputation beyond reputelurker has a reputation beyond reputelurker has a reputation beyond reputelurker has a reputation beyond reputelurker has a reputation beyond reputelurker has a reputation beyond reputelurker has a reputation beyond repute

I missed their US stop. Oh well. Didn't they get together for Live 8 as well? I saw internet streams of a-ha during Live8, much better than what was broadcasting in the US, btw! I was surprised they were still playing and still such a draw that they were playing Live 8 in Europe!

My favorite song is "Stay On These Roads" I could listen over and over.
lurker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote