***Ending on a high note*** The a-ha thread - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-31-2009, 09:34 AM   #31
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: a-ha, the band who has more to offer than „Take on me“ – Congrats for reaching th

Thanks, Doris

Can't wait to get home to see the clips
acionescu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2009, 09:27 PM   #32
country flag KiwiChica

KiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: a-ha, the band who has more to offer than „Take on me“ – Congrats for reaching th

Guess which CD is currently playing as I type?

Oh, and I don't have any a-ha concerts planned. My whole money is spent on footie.

FC ST. PAULI - LIVERPOOL FC - FC BARCELONA

SV WEHEN WIESBADEN

ARMADA ESPAÑOLA
KiwiChica is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 06:54 PM   #33
country flag Eden
Team Rogerin :-)

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiChica View Post
Guess which CD is currently playing as I type?
Which are your favourite songs of the album?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiChica View Post
Oh, and I don't have any a-ha concerts planned. My whole money is spent on footie.
I spend my money on tennis and go to one concert nevertheless

I wasn't so sure at first whether I would go to the tour this year because I'm not happy that it will be seated concerts. You never know what people are sitting on the stands and how they react when you dare to stand up during the show But of course I changed my opinion and got a ticket for the opening concert in Cologne. The band has announced 4 concerts in Germany so far, but apparently there will follow some more

According to www.a-ha.com the second single from 'Foot of the Mountain' outside the UK will be a new mix of 'Shadowside.' This alternative version was produced by Martin Terefe. The release date and countries are still to be confirmed.

'Shadowside' is expected to be the third single in the UK market, following the September 21 release of 'Nothing Is Keeping You Here'. a-ha will be in the UK doing promotion for 'Nothing Is Keeping You Here' in September.

There will be videos made for both 'Nothing Is Keeping You Here' and 'Shadowside'.
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 04:52 PM   #34
country flag Eden

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: a-ha, the band who has more to offer than „Take on me“

Some new interviews with the guys:

Old 10-07-2009, 06:57 PM   #35
country flag Eden

Default Re: a-ha, the band who has more to offer than „Take on me“

Official videoclip for "Shadowside"

Old 10-15-2009, 06:46 PM   #36
country flag Eden

Default Re: a-ha are going to break up in 2010

What sad news to come home to this evening

A-ha to break up after 25 years

The band formed in 1982, and scored their first hit three years later
Pop group A-ha have announced they are to call it a day, just months after achieving a top 10 album in the UK.

"We've literally lived the ultimate boy's adventure tale," the group, which formed 25 years ago, said.

The trio added that the split would allow them to pursue "other meaningful aspects of life, be it humanitarian work, politics, or whatever else".

The Norwegian band scored international hits with The Sun Always Shines On TV and Take On Me in the 1980s.

Their most recent album, Foot Of The Mountain, marked a return to their synth-pop roots after a period in which they recorded chiming guitar ballads. It charted at number five in the UK.

Farewell tour

However, the band never quite recaptured the spark of their heyday, when lead singer Morten Harket was a teen pin-up and the group were followed around by screaming fans.

They even broke a world record at Rio de Janeiro's Maracana Stadium in 1991, when 196,000 fans paid to see them.

But after the commercial failure of 1993's Memorial Beach, the band went on hiatus, only reforming after being invited to play the Nobel Peace Prize concert in 1998.

Both Harket and guitarist Paul Waaktaar-Savoy released solo albums during this period.

The group have announced they will mount a farewell tour before disbanding. Only the final date, in Oslo on 4 December 2010, has so far been confirmed.

"We are retiring as a band, not as individuals," the band reassured fans in their statement.

"Change is always difficult and it is easy to get set in one's ways. Now it is time to move on."

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8308829.stm
Old 10-15-2009, 06:55 PM   #37
country flag jonathancrane

jonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond repute

Really sad news
jonathancrane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 06:55 PM   #38
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

Doris
Old 10-15-2009, 07:30 PM   #39
country flag Eden

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
Really sad news
Yes, indeed Everyone on the forums is absolutely shocked. That's the least news we expected from the band.

Of course it's great for them to finish their career whilst still being successful and in the same year as they celebrate the 25th anniversairy of the first release of "Take on me", but they have been an important part of the life of so many people and it's hard to imagine not to get new music from them as a band. They all worked individually in the past years - and these solo projects were probably the reason that the band has been together until now -, but it's not the same as when they work as a band.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infini. View Post
Doris
Thanks Nadine
Old 10-15-2009, 07:32 PM   #40
Ivanatis

Ivanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond repute

dont worry too much guys, there's lots of comebacks these days, maybe they'll reunite 2 or 3 years later, who knows
Ivanatis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 07:39 PM   #41
country flag Eden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deck View Post
dont worry too much guys, there's lots of comebacks these days, maybe they'll reunite 2 or 3 years later, who knows
I don't think so. They already had a few years break in the 90ies, but never announced the breakup. Of course you never know what is going to happen in the future, but a comeback is hard to imagine for me somehow this time.
Old 10-17-2009, 02:49 PM   #42
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

shocking news

Now I have to do everything in my power to see them in concert next year
Old 10-17-2009, 03:32 PM   #43
country flag Eden

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
shocking news
I still can't believe it It's so sad to read the thoughts of other fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
Now I have to do everything in my power to see them in concert next year
Have you ever been to a concert of them before? I really would love to go to the last concert in Oslo, so many people I know are going, but it would take me over 20 hours by train to travel there and I wouldn't do this alone. I hate it to be afraid of flying, otherwise it would be no problem at all to go. The concert is already sold out, but it's not a problem to get a ticket.

Apparently the band will be playing on festivals in Europe in the summer months and do a European tour in October/November, but somehow I don't see them giving concerts next year, when they already tour this autumn/winter in Europe.

I really hope for you that you will get the chance to see them
Old 10-17-2009, 03:35 PM   #44
country flag acionescu

No, I never saw a live A-ha concert, actually I've been to a very small number of concerts in my life but maybe I could catch them somewhere in a festival next summer around Eastern Europe....
Old 10-17-2009, 03:49 PM   #45
country flag Eden

I'll keep you informed as soon as I know something

By the way, you can see the band this evening on the Mario Barth show on RTL, which starts on 10.15 p.m. They are going to perform "Shadowside". The appearance was recorded before the announcement of the break up was made public.