Michael Jackson To Perform 10 Exclusive Concert Dates At The 02 London - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-05-2009, 01:53 PM   #1
country flag Iván
Banned!

Iván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond repute
Default Michael Jackson To Perform 10 Exclusive Concert Dates At The 02 London

LOL- Is it me or are these new MTF ''do you like MJ'' adverts come up at the perfect time..?

Michael Jackson fans in the UK are waiting for the pop superstar to announce a series of comeback concerts at the O2 arena in London.

Jackson is due to meet the press and make a "special announcement" later.

Fans have gathered outside the venue, in Greenwich, where a stage has been set up for the announcement.

Posters have already started to appear on the London Underground advertising 10 shows in July. Jackson last performed live in 2006, also in London.

But he disappointed fans at the World Music Awards by singing just a few lines of We Are The World. He last toured 12 years ago.

Posters have begun to appear on London's Tube network
The O2 is the venue where Prince played for 21 nights in 2007, and where Britney Spears is performing for eight nights in June.

Jackson would be likely to follow a similar pattern of a run of gigs at one venue, rather than an extensive tour.

Forget all the rubbish that written about him and lets just focus on the music and the performer.

Standing in the sunshine outside the Lanesborough Hotel in central London, Ann-Marie and Danielle Gom are eager to see their idol: "We're not going until we do."

The mother and daughter were among a handful of fans trying to catch a glimpse of Michael Jackson.

"I just think he's amazing. I can't wait until the summer when he's going to surprise all these sceptics that think he hasn't got it in him anymore," said Ann-Marie.

Word spread around Jackson's loyal fan base after a statement said the star would be making a "special announcement" at the O2 arena in London on Thursday.

Bethany hoped to get a glimpse of
the secretive star.

Many, like Bethany Geach, couldn't wait until then so have been staking out Michael Jackson's hotel. "I expected a lot more fans" she said.

The 18-year-old was the first to arrive on Wednesday morning and said she was looking forward to the rumoured shows in the summer.

"All Michael Jackson shows are going to be a big spectacle. There'll be dancers, pyrotechnics, all that kind of stuff."

The star's last performance, at the World Music Awards in London in 2006, was criticised for being too short.

But Anne-Marie and Danielle were at the ceremony and enjoyed it: "You could see he wasn't 100%, but he still tried to pull it out the bag and I thought he did really well."

However, some fans acknowledge Jackson's comeback performances are unlikely to be up to the standard of his previous live shows.

Rhianan said she was thinking
about going to every concert.

"Sometimes it's more about the experience and everyone else being there, the 'Michaelmania'," said Rhianan Adam, 26, who'd come to the hotel on a break from work.

"I've been a fan since I was five… and I've waited 12 years for him to perform again. I thought his career was going to be over."

It's expected the singer will play a run of gigs at the O2, rather than tour.

Rhianan said she was planning to see as many shows as she could: "I was considering how much my credit card could handle, whether I could go and see 30 dates and go to every after-show party."

Michael Jackson may not sell as many records as he used to, but fans like Rhianan say it's unlikely his comeback shows will be anything less than a sell-out.

She said: "He's inaccessible, the one person on the planet who's completely a mystery, no one gets access to him, he's just untouchable. He's got that real star factor

Strictly information reference:

Wholesale shipments of albums in 2000-2008 years:
Eminem: 62 million this decade
Michael Jackson: 53 million this decade
J-Lo: 27 million this decade
Usher: 27 million this decade
Justin Timberlake: 19 million this decade

"Invincible" shipped 11 million copies with the only video/single with Jackson and further cancelled promotion. "HIStory On Volume I" 3 million. "Number Ones" 8 milllion. "Essential Michael Jackson" 2 million. "The Ultimate Collection" 1 million (250 thosand of boxed sets). "Thriller" (all versions) shipped 10 million. "Off The Wall" 4 million. "Bad" 1 million. "Dangerous" 2 million. "HIStory -- Past, Present, and Future -- Book I: HIStory Begins and HIStory Continues" 4 million (2 million of boxed sets), "Blood On The Dance Floor/HIStory In The Mix" 1 million. (Singles: 1 million). Lesser releases, including by Motown Universal (solo): 5 million. Those figures are "more than" type.

Last edited by Iván : 03-10-2009 at 10:11 AM.
Iván is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2009, 02:16 PM   #2
country flag Byrd

Byrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Michael Jackson to Make a Special Announcement in London

Yea, how many kids hes slept with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arhaych View Post
Nadal is more conservative than Margaret Thatcher.
^^QFT

"I asked a bloke in the front row if he liked the serve-and-volley stuff," said Rafter. "He said he did but asked if he was going to get to see any rallies. 'Not today, mate,' I told him."-Pat Rafter silencing the Nadull fanboys
Byrd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 02:26 PM   #3
country flag Iván
Banned!

Iván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond repute

Are there any MTF users that actually like MJ and believe he is innocent?
Old 03-05-2009, 02:41 PM   #4
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

MJ!!

Don't stop till you get enough!!

I wanna go, don't give a toss about his personal life, his songs and beats are legendary and that man can dance.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:43 PM   #5
country flag Iván
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityfed View Post
MJ!!

I wanna go, don't give a toss about his personal life, his songs and beats are legendary and that man can dance.

Well said, i admire his dancing skills greatly, probs the best of all time, i will go to watch him.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:47 PM   #6
country flag Tom Paulman

Tom Paulman has a reputation beyond reputeTom Paulman has a reputation beyond reputeTom Paulman has a reputation beyond reputeTom Paulman has a reputation beyond reputeTom Paulman has a reputation beyond reputeTom Paulman has a reputation beyond reputeTom Paulman has a reputation beyond reputeTom Paulman has a reputation beyond reputeTom Paulman has a reputation beyond reputeTom Paulman has a reputation beyond reputeTom Paulman has a reputation beyond repute

Why only London? He should make a world tour.

And is it true that this will be his very last concerts?
Old 03-05-2009, 07:49 PM   #7
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

If he can still sing and especially dance the way he used to be able to, these should be some good shows.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:18 PM   #8
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a huge MJ fan, and I'll do everything in my power to get tickets.

I never got the chance to see him when he was in his prime, and I fear he could flop and his health might not allow him to complete all his shows. I doubt he can sing or dance anything close to how he used to, but I will remain hopeful.
adee-gee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:28 PM   #9
country flag partygirl

partygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Like a lot of great performers he is prone to cancellation...i just really hope as a great performer he really puts his heart into it, one last time.
I believe him for some reason when he says this is it, why wouldn't be? He doesn't perform at all ever.

He is a perfectionist though & i think a final string of shows could be awesome...end of an era
(he & Madonna being pop stars & doing stadiums shows all over the world for 2 decades) Micheal needs to rep for the boys.

Yet his judgment is suspect -i want to see his definition of a great show now.

Last edited by partygirl : 03-05-2009 at 09:33 PM.
partygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:04 PM   #10
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

Goosebumps.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:26 PM   #11
country flag partygirl

partygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond repute

That is sort of weird, i don't think i like to watch him with a group of back up dancers...they can't keep up/do it like he can so it looks a little odd, frankly he doesn't need them (and i wouldn't say that lightly)

His sister Janet is much better at that unison & great back up dancer deal and i love that...Micheal should be on his own.
partygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:17 AM   #12
country flag Iván
Banned!

Tickets sold out already ffs
Old 03-09-2009, 10:26 AM   #13
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute

they haven't even gone on sale yet.

The presale is on Wednesday, where a limited number of tickets are available. And then the general sale is on Friday
adee-gee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:02 PM   #14
country flag Iván
Banned!

350 thousand reserved on pre sale already, its gonna be tough
Old 03-09-2009, 02:13 PM   #15
country flag zicofirol

zicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityfed View Post
MJ!!

ahh yes, nevermind he molested 2 boys, that we know off...

Would you say this about any other child molester?

Jackson, should be in jail.

RON PAUL: Stop Dreaming

Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

Kazimierz Pulaski
zicofirol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote