Evita's TT Management Spreadsheet - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-09-2010, 03:14 PM   #46
country flag ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Evita's TT Management Spreadsheet - Singles Best Of 5 Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
Just upload it to mediafire, or similar, and PM the link to Evita.
My enlightened place of work firewalls mediafire (and a variety of other cool websites, thankfully not menstennisforums.com however)

If that's the prefered option then I will do it when I get home from work tonight
ibreak4coffee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2010, 03:26 PM   #47
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibreak4coffee View Post
I assumed I had an isolated problem since I had to convert the file from excel to .ods format, as well as the fact I have office 2007 at home and an older office version at work. No one else brought the issue up and since to my understanding everyone uses the spreadsheet I thought it would have been raised already. Am glad to send the spreadsheet to you though.
Version 0.91 is relatively recent and it's always possible (though not likely) that there's a new bug in a new version. Your case sounds different though with all the conversions you did, I think I'll publish the spreadsheet in .ods format too to make it more convenient for people like you But I'm curious about the third row, it would be strange if it was just a coincidence that kai had a problem with it too.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:49 PM   #48
country flag ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Evita- View Post
Version 0.91 is relatively recent and it's always possible (though not likely) that there's a new bug in a new version. Your case sounds different though with all the conversions you did, I think I'll publish the spreadsheet in .ods format too to make it more convenient for people like you But I'm curious about the third row, it would be strange if it was just a coincidence that kai had a problem with it too.
Exactly. When I saw kai's post I instantly recognized the problem. It is pretty important too since if managers aren't double checking the spreadsheet they are copying diffs that are not correct.
ibreak4coffee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 04:53 PM   #49
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Evita's TT Management Spreadsheet - Version 0.91 Small Available

Boarder35m just figured out the third row problem There's nothing wrong with the spreadsheet, it's just that the third row has a sample winner (I put it there to show how the entering of winners should be done) and kai accidentally deleted the formula in J3 when deleting the sample data. You probably did something similar.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:29 PM   #50
country flag kai.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

kai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond repute

, so what should i do to take out the result from 3rd row..

http://eltenisquenovemos.com.ar
kai. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 05:36 PM   #51
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kai. View Post
, so what should i do to take out the result from 3rd row..
Delete the data but don't remove formulas. If you see the cell starts with "=" like J3 then don't touch it. In fact, you can see that column J is grey which means it should never be touched. You should only enter and delete stuff in the yellow and blue areas - yellow is what you fill in before matches start and blue is the results.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:17 PM   #52
country flag kai.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

kai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond repute

ok got it XD iam used to use the "delete" key for delete not the backspace.. m* i will try with the backspace this time..

thanks

http://eltenisquenovemos.com.ar
kai. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:46 AM   #53
country flag Nev

Nev has a reputation beyond reputeNev has a reputation beyond reputeNev has a reputation beyond reputeNev has a reputation beyond reputeNev has a reputation beyond reputeNev has a reputation beyond reputeNev has a reputation beyond reputeNev has a reputation beyond reputeNev has a reputation beyond reputeNev has a reputation beyond reputeNev has a reputation beyond repute

Hi -Evita-
I'm using your spreadsheet for a tournament in DTT.
Just a couple of things.
In the doubles sheet there are some cells which have formulas in the results part:

Does it have some meaning?

And second, now it's a 2 day round, and in the same round there are matches which have the same protagonists (facing other doubles team) but in a different match.
When the stats are counted, it also counts the picks of the previous day.
Is there a solution to that?
Thanks in advance

Genius1787
Nev is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 04:50 PM   #54
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nev View Post
Does it have some meaning?
Oops No, you should delete it, it's not supposed to be there. I think I was just experimenting with formulas and I forgot to delete that. I'll fix it in the next version

Quote:
And second, now it's a 2 day round, and in the same round there are matches which have the same protagonists (facing other doubles team) but in a different match.
When the stats are counted, it also counts the picks of the previous day.
Is there a solution to that?
I know what you mean and unfortunately there's no solution for that for now. There are many things to improve in the stats part, I haven't worked on it seriously yet. In fact, it would be helpful if you all would provide me some suggestions for the Stats sheet, what it should look like, then I'd have some ideas what to do
Old 02-12-2010, 11:10 PM   #55
country flag Nev

Nev has a reputation beyond reputeNev has a reputation beyond reputeNev has a reputation beyond reputeNev has a reputation beyond reputeNev has a reputation beyond reputeNev has a reputation beyond reputeNev has a reputation beyond reputeNev has a reputation beyond reputeNev has a reputation beyond reputeNev has a reputation beyond reputeNev has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oops No, you should delete it, it's not supposed to be there. I think I was just experimenting with formulas and I forgot to delete that. I'll fix it in the next version
Ok
Quote:
I know what you mean and unfortunately there's no solution for that for now. There are many things to improve in the stats part, I haven't worked on it seriously yet. In fact, it would be helpful if you all would provide me some suggestions for the Stats sheet, what it should look like, then I'd have some ideas what to do
Well, maybe you can take some ideas from keqtqiadv's awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by keqtqiadv View Post
Player of the day (best individual score)
Allez-Alejo (4 picks, 3 SRs, perfect PTS, CB 18, CB2 6, QF SR1 shootout)

- Team of the round (best doubles score)
Sheva/Allez-Alejo (8 picks, 6 SRs)

- Best TB - singles (best individual TB)
Allez-Alejo (3 SRs, perfect PTS, CB 18, CB2 6, QF SR1 shootout)

- Best TB - doubles (best doubles TB)
Sheva/Allez-Alejo (6 SRs)

- Bibon award - singles (worst individual score)
juakos17 (2 picks, 0 SRs)

- Bibon award - doubles (worst doubles score)
rototito/qczi (4 picks, 3 SRs)

- Bad luck award - singles (best losing score)
Marita (4 picks, 3 SRs)

- bad luck award - doubles (best losing score)
JMG/Spadea TT (4 picks, 4 SRs)

- Luck award - singles (worst winning score)
guille&tati4life (no picks, CB 5 picks, ...., SR2 no set to the winner)

- Luck award - doubles (worst winning score)
Overlord/Pigpen Stinks (0 picks)

- Match of the round - singles (highest combined score)
Marita vs nevito (8 picks, 6 SRs)

- Match of the round - doubles (highest combined score)
Sheva/Allez-Alejo vs Spadea TT/JMG (12 picks, 10 Srs)

- award - singles (easiest win - pick/SR differences)
Sheva (2 picks, 2 SRs)

- award - doubles (easiest win - pick/SR differences)
Sheva/Allez-Alejo (4 picks, 2 SRs)

- Pick of the day (less picked winner)
###

- award ( less picked loser)
Gasquet (juakos17)

- derossi award
###

- Traitor award
Allez-Alejo (Monfils def Blake)

- Risk taker award
JMG, Spadea TT, Hellcat, juakos17, qczi, rototito

- Bobby award (first player to send picks after the OOP is posted)
dusan1610 (day 1)
nevito (day 2)

- Labamba award (last player to send picks)
Marita (day 1)
Genius1787 (day 2)
I guess there are some nice stats there.

Genius1787
Nev is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 07:42 AM   #56
country flag Goldenoldie

Goldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just coming to the end of my first tournament as manager, and I have to say I can't imagine how anybody ever did the job before the spreadsheet was created. It must have taken hours, especially in the early rounds.

Thank you -Evita-.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:23 AM   #57
country flag dinkulpus
-_-

dinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond repute

Why when I start entering matches in the picks columns, every time wrote that I have misspelled name, I check everything but I can't find my mistake, where I'm wrong?

Tennis Tipping 2014

Singles : 128 (Best 88) - QF Auckland, QF Houston
Doubles : 71 (Best 65) - Won Sao Paulo, SF Rome, SF Chennai, SF Buenos Aires, SF Queens (with stbanchile) SF Umag (with kr1s17an) Won : Cordeones CH (with Freak3yman84)

Finals CH

Singles : 3:3
Doubles : 10:6 (ATP 1:0)
dinkulpus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:24 AM   #58
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarto193 View Post
Why when I start entering matches in the picks columns, every time wrote that I have misspelled name, I check everything but I can't find my mistake, where I'm wrong?
I assume you entered the OOP in the correct places in the top right?
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 06:39 PM   #59
country flag bandtree

bandtree has a reputation beyond reputebandtree has a reputation beyond reputebandtree has a reputation beyond reputebandtree has a reputation beyond reputebandtree has a reputation beyond reputebandtree has a reputation beyond reputebandtree has a reputation beyond reputebandtree has a reputation beyond reputebandtree has a reputation beyond reputebandtree has a reputation beyond reputebandtree has a reputation beyond repute

Evita,

I'm using the small v0.91. I noticed that when a doubles team has a bye, they are automatically depicted as a winner in the diffs (ie. coloured blue with no diffs). This doesn't happen in the singles diffs however:

Quote:
ex.
00:00 | (1) Tytta! (BRA) vs. bye - Chardy, Phau, Roddick, Berdych vs. , , , SR Differences: Chardy 2-1 vs. 0-0, Phau 2-0 vs. 0-0, Roddick 2-0 vs. 0-0, Berdych 2-0 vs. 0-0
Is there any way to get the singles diffs to display like the doubles diffs?
bandtree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 11:49 AM   #60
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

Default Re: Evita's TT Management Spreadsheet - Version 0.92 Small Available

bandtree, I had also noticed this and finally I fixed it in the new version

Small 0.92 xls 2.91 MB
Small 0.92 zip 482 KB

I also added the Doubles Best of 5 ss to the first post (though it's been ready for some time already).