Evita's TT Management Spreadsheet - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-17-2009, 11:12 AM   #16
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Evita's TT Management Spreadsheet - Version 0.85

Sure. You can use OpenOffice.org. It's freeware I used the Calc application to create this spreadsheet so it will definitely work on it.

I'm not sure about using it for WTA. I mean, you can use it at your own risk I don't know the tiebreak rules for WTA TT - if they are different then it might not work correctly.

Anyway, you'll need the big size version of this ss I suppose. The doubles part is ready and tested (thanks to Linda in IW) but the singles part is not ready yet I'll PM it to you once it's done sometime this week. I don't want to post it here until it's ready
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2009, 08:14 PM   #17
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say that I've found the doubles version a great help this week. It is easy to make mistakes with doubles differences and, so long as the manager takes time to make sure picks are entered correctly, the spreadsheet is virtually fool-proof.

The biggest problem is players not sending picks in the requested format.
l_mac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:27 PM   #18
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute

It's time for another update

Boarder35m discovered two bugs regarding when to show SR differences for doubles so that's what I've fixed in version 0.86.

I also discovered that the middle and big size versions (which haven't been posted here yet) cannot be used with MS Excel, they can be used only with OO Calc. I know the reason behind it and I'm going to try to fix it but it will take some time. If anyone needs the bigger spreadsheets please PM me.

One final reminder - when you post diffs or results, make sure that there are no red bolded warnings anywhere in the ss. If there are then you must fix the problem first because otherwise you will likely post wrong information.

v0.86 xls - here
v0.86 zip - here
Old 04-02-2009, 08:15 PM   #19
country flag trucul

trucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Evita's TT Management Spreadsheet - Version 0.86

Hi Evita,

I must admit that this Excel spreadsheet was pretty useful during my DTT Management week.

It saved me a lot of time.

However, I have seen a few cosmetic bugs and potential enhancements. I will communicate them to you by PM but before, I need to check if they are still there in v. 0.86.

Anyway, thanks a lot. I was about to stop managing DTT Tournament because of lack of time but with you Excel spreadsheet, I am now fully able to manage DTT Tournaments.
2009: 61
2008: 63
trucul is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:52 AM   #20
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Evita- View Post
It's time for another update

Boarder35m discovered two bugs regarding when to show SR differences for doubles so that's what I've fixed in version 0.86.

I also discovered that the middle and big size versions (which haven't been posted here yet) cannot be used with MS Excel, they can be used only with OO Calc. I know the reason behind it and I'm going to try to fix it but it will take some time. If anyone needs the bigger spreadsheets please PM me.

One final reminder - when you post diffs or results, make sure that there are no red bolded warnings anywhere in the ss. If there are then you must fix the problem first because otherwise you will likely post wrong information.

v0.86 xls - here
v0.86 zip - here
How big are the big size spreadsheets? I might need them for Barcelona

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:08 AM   #21
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troickitard View Post
How big are the big size spreadsheets? I might need them for Barcelona
Middle size - 32 players, 64 matches
Big size - 128 players, 64 matches

Singles and doubles have separate spreadsheets, the files would have been too big otherwise.

Barcelona is still a couple of weeks away so we'll see what's ready by then
Old 05-07-2009, 09:24 PM   #22
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

Default Re: Evita's TT Management Spreadsheet - Version 0.87

It sometimes happens that a player sends an incomplete set of picks. The doubles sheet handled such empty spaces incorrectly up until now but now I've fixed it. You must remember to write No pick in the cell where the pick is missing.

I also added an option for Singles to show only the relevant SRs, not all of them. I'll probably add this later for doubles too.

v0.87 xls - here
v0.87 zip - here
Old 05-07-2009, 09:54 PM   #23
country flag Labamba

Labamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the update

I'll try this out in Madrid
Labamba is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:03 AM   #24
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Evita

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 06:27 PM   #25
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

I'm glad you like my ss

Finally I have finished the big size version for singles - it has place for 128 players and 64 matches. You can use it anytime 32 players or 16 matches is not enough. It should also run on MS Excel without any problems If you encounter any, please post here or send me a PM

Singles Big 0.87 xls 14.46 MB
Singles Big 0.87 zip 2.37 MB
Old 05-14-2009, 07:03 PM   #26
country flag Labamba

Labamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Evita's TT Management Spreadsheet - Singles Big available, 128x64

doubles big in the plans?
Old 05-14-2009, 07:20 PM   #27
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labamba View Post

doubles big in the plans?
Yes, well, it is sort of ready already, Linda was using it when managing IW doubles. But it still has a lot of bugs, it's not as up-to-date as the small doubles, and it doesn't work with MS Excel, it works only with OpenOffice.

I'm working now on a spreadsheet that would be usable for best of five sets matches. The current versions are only for best-of-three matches. I would work on Doubles 128 but Tim hasn't given me any indication that he'd like to use my ss so...
Old 05-15-2009, 12:07 AM   #28
country flag Labamba

yeah, best of five sets spreadsheet would be usefull
Old 05-17-2009, 02:49 AM   #29
country flag ExcaliburII

ExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond repute

can we have ss of 128 players with 5 set matches?

ExcaliburII is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 06:55 AM   #30
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcaliburII View Post
can we have ss of 128 players with 5 set matches?
You can But you must be very careful with how you enter players' picks there. The ss determines which SR was picked by looking at the length of it. Obviously picks like "Nadal 64 64 46 64" are going to be shorter than "Nadal 6-4, 6-4, 4-6, 6-4" so in order to compare them, the ss first strips all the non-essential characters, and those are dashes(-), commas, ":" and "/". The result is visible in column O of the Diffs sheet if you want to check.

So the ss takes the stripped PTS version (which is 64 64 46 64) and looks at its length. If it's less than 4 symbols then it's a straight SR, not PTS. If it's less than 10 symbols, it must be 3-0. If it's less than 13 symbols, it must be 3-1. Otherwise 3-2.

So let's take one example of the following pick: "Nadal 6x4 6x4 4x6 6x4". In fact this pick is Nadal 3-1 but if you put it in like this, the ss will tell you it's Nadal 3-2. That's because "x" is not supposed to be part of the PTS and it's not removed, and the length of PTS in column O is 15.

This is just a reminder for everyone that it's essential to understand how this ss works and edit picks that are in the wrong format or contain wrong symbols before you put them in.

Singles Best-Of-Five 0.87 xls 14.97 MB
Singles Best-Of-Five 0.87 zip 2.41 MB

I don't think there should be any bugs here, I've tested it to a reasonable level. But we can't be sure until this ss is tested on a real tournament so please proceed with caution