Davis Cup 2009- ALLEZ LES BLEUS! - Page 19 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-16-2010, 03:07 PM   #271
country flag reggie1

reggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Davis Cup 2009- ALLEZ LES BLEUS!

I am very surprised that he is not on the team. Shame for him in some ways as I think he quite likes being part of it but at least no grief if France don't do well.
reggie1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2010, 03:33 PM   #272
country flag scmom

scmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond repute

I am sorry that Richard is not on the team - but I certainly cannot fault Forget for choosing Llodra as the number two singles player . He played fabulously against Spain , and was deserving of the choice again.
Now , here is my question . If things do not go France's way in the first two singles matches ( hope that does not happen , but it could ) , can Forget substitute Richard and Simon into the lineup on Sunday ?
They were named to the team - just not to the starting lineup so to speak .
scmom is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 04:00 PM   #273
country flag teem

teem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scmom View Post
I am sorry that Richard is not on the team - but I certainly cannot fault Forget for choosing Llodra as the number two singles player . He played fabulously against Spain , and was deserving of the choice again.
Now , here is my question . If things do not go France's way in the first two singles matches ( hope that does not happen , but it could ) , can Forget substitute Richard and Simon into the lineup on Sunday ?
They were named to the team - just not to the starting lineup so to speak .
For Simon yes, he could play day 3 but not riri except one of the four players will be injured
teem is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 04:01 PM   #274
country flag teem

teem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure !
teem is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 04:38 PM   #275
country flag Schu

Schu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin View Post
If I was in his place, I would not stay on. Being the fifth man twice in a year is a bit heavy. Play a round of golf or two, Richard, relax and win Metz! Singles and Doubles!

Edit: Richard being less unforgiving than me will probably put a good face on the matter.
Someone is a bit bitter here

You guys aren't gonna like this but for once I agree completely with Forget. AS disappointed as I think Richard might be because he does seem to really like DC, I think he too knows this was probably the right choice. Given Richard's horrid 5 set record, his recent mentally poor showing in USO against Gael, his H2H against Nalbandian and hate to bring it up but the DC 2008 "incident" and Llodra/Clement's record, Forget had safer options.

As for me I am very GLAD. If France looses, and i'd say it's 50-50 barring injury to Argentina, Richie can't be the scapegoat and I am now no longer torn over which team to pull for. No secret I like Nalbandian ALMOST as much as Richie. If Richard was playing I would of course love for him to be a DC winner at home but I'd still be torn because Nalbandian I think is only staying on the tour to get a DC title and his time is running out. With no Richie or Benneteau and not too crazy about the rest of the team. I do like the doubles duo of Llodra/Clement (their tennis as a team not them particularly) but I also do really like Monoco and Zeb? (however you spell his name). So well ...let's just say - Vamos! Talk to you guys after DC.

I do hope RIchard isn't too bumbed out, being #5 twice when France is missing two players is probably a bit but maybe this inspires him to show that he can step it up when the pressure is on by winning some big matches the rest of the year - so he can play in the DC final

ANd I'd probably hit the road for Metz but then again he might not want to burn any bridges so I bet he stays - just better not be playing with his phone the whole time!

Last edited by Schu : 09-16-2010 at 04:56 PM.
Schu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 05:18 PM   #276
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

As expected: Richard putting a good face on it. But the distance between him and Llodra is the farthest possible. Coincidence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schu View Post
Someone is a bit bitter here
Not so much about the choice, as the way it came about. Llodra forced Richard out by publicly stating is preference for Clément. And Forget, who obviously stakes everything on Llodra, had to oblige. Llodra forgets that he himself played crap in that doubles with Richard in Ostrava.

Anyway, the choice has been made, my weekend will be less stressful, but when Forget's gamble gets wrong, I won't be silent.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

Last edited by Puschkin : 09-16-2010 at 05:43 PM.
Puschkin is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:21 PM   #277
country flag Schu

Schu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin View Post
As expected: Richard putting a good face on it. But the distance between him and Llodra is the farthest possible. Coincidence?

Not so much about the choice, as the way it came about. Llodra forced Richard out by publicly stating is preference for Clément. And Forget, who obviously stakes everything on Llodra, had to oblige. Llodra forgets that he himself played crap in that doubles with Richard in Ostrava.

Anyway, the choice has been made, my weekend will be less stressful, but when Forget's gamble gets wrong, I won't be silent.

the ever classy Richard puttin on a good face but I think those dark pants that stick out like sore thumb is his way of saying "shove it". Like to see a little defiance in the boy.

And Puschkin - I agree that Llodra didn't have to make RIchard look like a fool and leave Forget with no other option. But hey Llodra did step up last time and might deserve for Forget to listen to him this time.

Know you won't be silent if the French loose but I still think Forget has fielded the best team under the current circumstances and if they loose it was because they lost to a better team.
Schu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:49 PM   #278
country flag Vlad1980

Vlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond repute

This is kinda sad that he can't make the team even with Tsonga out injured, Monfils semi injured, Simon struggling and Llodra almost fainting at US Open in his loss.. there is not much else to say.
Vlad1980 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:30 PM   #279
country flag mukado

mukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond repute

Richie was not in balance with Clement for the double, but with Mika and Gilles for the second single. So stop blaming Llodra. I love the way Mika improve his game with age, he should be an example for Richie, but I'm so afraid now Richie will follow PHM's way.
He shows by loosing against Gael in Us Open, that he's still mentally deficient and too tense in important matchs...and this stupid decision to split with Markus bring doubts.
The choice is rational.
mukado is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:59 PM   #280
country flag kiwialicat

kiwialicat has a reputation beyond reputekiwialicat has a reputation beyond reputekiwialicat has a reputation beyond reputekiwialicat has a reputation beyond reputekiwialicat has a reputation beyond reputekiwialicat has a reputation beyond reputekiwialicat has a reputation beyond reputekiwialicat has a reputation beyond reputekiwialicat has a reputation beyond reputekiwialicat has a reputation beyond reputekiwialicat has a reputation beyond repute

no Richie? ouch. I don't know much about DC but I was surprised that they would have Llodra play singles and doubles. Why Simon over Gasquet?

Groth & Čilić & Goerges & Gasquet & Kirilenko & Djokovic
kiwialicat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 02:03 AM   #281
country flag icecastle

icecastle has a reputation beyond reputeicecastle has a reputation beyond reputeicecastle has a reputation beyond reputeicecastle has a reputation beyond reputeicecastle has a reputation beyond reputeicecastle has a reputation beyond reputeicecastle has a reputation beyond reputeicecastle has a reputation beyond reputeicecastle has a reputation beyond reputeicecastle has a reputation beyond reputeicecastle has a reputation beyond repute

I was still in denial this morning & actually hoping that somebody will say Richie will play for DC. I really feel bad for him. He obviously wanted to play and was very enthusiastic with the practice sessions. I actually feel hurt for him and I'm only his fan. I want to give him a big hug.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

icecastle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 03:51 AM   #282
country flag ~*BGT*~

~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly, I would have played Richard just for the first day. Being #2, he'd have played Monaco, who I seriously believe he can beat. Then he can sit out the rest of the weekend. Give Mika the rest for Saturday and Sunday.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

~*BGT*~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 06:13 AM   #283
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.welovetennis.fr/coupe-dav...es-coequipiers

Coupe Davis > Gasquet présent pour ses coéquipiers

Placé sur la touche par Guy Forget, Richard Gasquet remplit son rôle de 5e homme. Le 29e joueur mondial a partagé une séance d'entraînement avec Arnaud Clément hier, le faisant travailler tous les secteurs de jeu qu'il souhaitait perfectionner, le tout sous les yeux de Lionel Roux.

Richard is really a team-player, working with Clément in all areas he wanted on Thursday.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Puschkin is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 03:07 PM   #284
country flag scmom

scmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond repute

so Llodra does win his first match in the tie. And Richard , along with Tsonga and Benneteau are there to support the team .

and I am sorry - what the heck happened to my tv coverage
seriously ? I have to see Mardy Fish play in taped tennis
when Gael and Nalbandian are getting ready to start live !
This sucks
scmom is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 03:30 PM   #285
country flag tennisc

tennisc has a reputation beyond reputetennisc has a reputation beyond reputetennisc has a reputation beyond reputetennisc has a reputation beyond reputetennisc has a reputation beyond reputetennisc has a reputation beyond reputetennisc has a reputation beyond reputetennisc has a reputation beyond reputetennisc has a reputation beyond reputetennisc has a reputation beyond reputetennisc has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder the same thing about our tv coverage, Beth. Surely, as Americans we are expected to love Mardy Fish! These people have no clue at all.
I watched the first tie also and I feel better. It was very good to see Richard, Julien, and Jo, who I did not expect to see, cheering on their team. Perhaps we, as fans, are the ones who have bad feelings over this. We just have to trust they know what they are doing. Good luck, Frenchies!!
tennisc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote