Davis Cup 2009- ALLEZ LES BLEUS! - Page 14 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-07-2009, 09:09 PM   #196
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Davis Cup 2009- ALLEZ LES BLEUS!

Difficult to define what that is. Monfils it is probably clay - he did semis RG last year, Tsonga its prob hard as with Gilles (although in 2007 I noticed him although I didn't like him much then and his best results were prob clay) and probably Richie grass. But apart from Tsonga on clay cos I have no clue about that, they are good really on all surfaces. Richie doesn't think he can play on clay (imo anyway) and he will be pushed over a 5 setter because of physical conditioning but he has the range of shots for it. He has reached a MS final on clay.

I would prob put Gilles as worst on super fast surfaces as he struggles with breaks of serve and his serve is only little.

Gael hasn't done much on grass but he must be good on it because he won junior wimbledon.
Cloudygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2009, 09:28 PM   #197
country flag Eimear O'Mahony

Eimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I bet Tsonga and Simon are hard Sorry I couldn't resist! Seriously though, I reckon Gael is the most versatile of the three of them. He won Grand Slams on 3 surfaces. Actually, the only one he didn't win was the US and didn't Andy win that one that same year? I just think Gael and Jo's games are definitely the most suited to all surfaces. Gilles, I've only seen him play on hard and fast hard and never on clay or grass but I just don't see his game being suited to grass at all. Richard is the classic grass court player when he plays the game well in my opinion

Simon Monfils Gasquet

Also liking ... LOPEZ, VERDASCOand NADAL

The Adidas Boys - Impossible is Nothing
Eimear O'Mahony is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:43 PM   #198
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaplenske View Post
its not unfair but realistic.Im telling the truth point pointing the lack of good choices of forget.
You know very well that I am not a Forget lover either. But I don't think that he has the power or authority to force players to play doubles together. If he did something wrong, than it was not picking Jo for the doubles. Jo played a short match yesterday, he can't be that tired, and I feel that the chemistry between Jo and Richard would have been better. Besides, Richard could have played on the left side, which is obviously the better position in doubles for him. But it is easy with hindsight. And the Czechs were good, one has to admit it.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:02 PM   #199
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Richie is the most versatile but when he is good he is very very good and when he is bad he is horrid as the saying goes.

Interesting Gasquet fact is that he has won titles on the senior tour on carpet, hard, clay and grass. So he is very very versatile he just doesn't realise it. And when he is confident in his serve and backhand he will start hitting winners with his forehand it ceases to be a liability. If he could remember how to win he would be seriously dangeous.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:11 PM   #200

Eimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond repute

I'm learning a lot from you today Tori I just see Rich as a grass player because before I got Sky I used to just watch Queens and Wimbledon so I mostly only saw Rich as a grass player and he was damn good on the surface so I just assumed it was his best surface. Yeah I wish he'd get that confidence back but sometimes the mental hurdles are the hardest hurdles to get over

Simon Monfils Gasquet

Old 03-07-2009, 10:24 PM   #201
country flag Cloudygirl

He likes grass the best prob cos its his best slam result and he feels confident on it. I still think he could be very good on clay though but to do thaht he will actually have to show up at Rolland Garros and be seeded so he doesn't pull Rafa first round.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:29 PM   #202

What is it with French players and Roland Garros? They just seem to freeze. Its crazy. Well Gael is the exeption I think

Simon Monfils Gasquet

Old 03-07-2009, 10:37 PM   #203
country flag Cloudygirl

Rich needs to start going to French tournaments. Sorry still bitter I went to Bercy and he pulled out.

I will be interested to see what the French players do there this year.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:38 PM   #204

I have that argument the whole time. He's got to start playing in France or he'll NEVER do it. In RG you mean? I don't know. I haven't really noticed them in RG. This will be my first RG really cheering the Frenchies on. I hope they do well

Simon Monfils Gasquet

Old 03-07-2009, 10:49 PM   #205
country flag Cloudygirl

Yup it could go either way really. I would expect Tsonga to do something big I would like Monfils to but we shall see. If he doesn't his ranking will go down quite a lot.

My aim for Richie is just for him to turn up. Is that bad.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:52 PM   #206

yeah he has big points to defend. no that's not bad LOL I think you're right actually. There's no point in being unrealistic about things

Simon Monfils Gasquet

Old 03-07-2009, 10:55 PM   #207
country flag Cloudygirl

Mind you if Richie doesn't turn up to a few French tournaments this year he will get a 0 points hit so he will have to at least show.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:57 PM   #208

How does that work exactly Tori

Simon Monfils Gasquet

Old 03-07-2009, 11:02 PM   #209
country flag Cloudygirl

actually he might be ok looking at the ATP rules you only get point penalties for atp 500 events. I could be wrong though these new rules confuse the heck out of me.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:05 PM   #210
country flag Keijan

Keijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eimear O'Mahony View Post
What is it with French players and Roland Garros? They just seem to freeze. Its crazy. Well Gael is the exeption I think
Well actually I think the answer is quite simple : incredibly there is very few clay practice courts in France (in Spain, a good 75% are clay, but here, 80% are hard.) I've been playing tennis for the last 15 years (and 7 years intensively) and I only played a few times on clay (which is major fun by the way, so funny to slide around lol. But the ball is a bitch on it.) Plus all the big French juniors tournaments are hard or indoors. So the Frenchies basically grew up on hard (and indoors during the cold season) and trained on clay only when Roland was around the corner. Clay isn't natural for them, unlike the Spanish. And of course, there is that story of breaking down in front of a french crowd.

There is the exception of Jo who grew up on clay from his own words. But he was always injured when RG came and the only time he played it, he was still a teenager and drew Roddick in the first round. (I know, Roddick + clay = but still !) I've never seen him play on clay. I can't wait And of course, Gaël is a natural slider so it suits him perfectly. Probably too soon to hope for a Gaël/Jo final and I wouldn't want to jinx them, but
Keijan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote