Blog - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-13-2009, 09:40 AM   #1
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Blog

I can't find the old posts about his "blog" anymore, so I'm starting a new thread.
Here's the link again:
http://blog.orange.fr/web/jsp/blog.j...ID=61755&pos=0
It's all written in SMS style and absolutely terrible to read even for native speakers, don't worry if you can't decipher his gibberish.
I do think it's him writing.

I'm posting it again because he says he will try to answer the questions this week (and during the Australian Open too, but that's already long-term for Gaël). So if you have a question to ask to Gaël...
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2009, 10:09 AM   #2
country flag Keijan

Keijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Blog

Thank you for the update ! I had long given up visiting his blog regularly If anyone wants to ask questions, let's do it quickly because his good resolutions to write daily usually last a few hours ^^
I do think it's him too, it's his style and he posted once a pic of Richard that only him could have taken ^^

What he said for now, in the comments : (it was very painful to read, I hate this sms-style)
- about Simon : great player, has improved a lot physically speaking and now hits the ball very hard. Most of all, he can stay at the top for a very long time. Very smart on court, really complete player. But Gaël doesn't exactly know what the other Frenchies said about Gilles so he can't answer (the person was asking what he thought about Paulo, Grosjean and Mika's comments)

- Rafa : still the same player even if he now wears shorts and tee shirt. And he's really nice, never gets big-headed, completely adorable.
Keijan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 02:47 PM   #3
country flag lisaplenske

lisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Fran

I sent a message and asked him about his coach Roger Rasheed and did he say after his win over nadal.
That he must listen to him cause he's very good and not only physiqly!

Tsonga - Simon - Monfils - Mathieu - Chardy - Baghdatis
Mannarino - Safin - Santoro - Gulbis- Nishikori
lisaplenske is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 07:16 AM   #4
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

He answered all the questions!
Rasheed also is his physical coach for now. He worked a little bit with Patrick Chamagne during the off season too, but Chamagne is pretty busy, so Rasheed is doing both at the moment.
They're still making a film about him throughout the 2009 season, but they're having some technical problems atm, so they don't have anything about his time in Australia unfortunately (too bad, it would have been fun to see Gaël practicing with Rasheed in Adelaide).
He was asked who wins in arm-wrestling with Rasheed , says it's probably Rasheed and he will keep us updated if they give it a try.
Will he do his 360° smash in a match one day? "Why not, lol".
On his ipod at the moment: he's listening a lot to Ryan Leslie, Soulja Boy, Bow Wow, Lilwayne...
The Davis Cup: it would be fun to have the 4 young guys, but they shouldn't forget about Mika and also Paulo who is playing well atm.
Who is the fastest over 100 m and the best in jogging? Probably Jo and him over 100 m. Hard to say in jogging, a lot of guys have a great stamina. (Gilles, who is quite a good runner himself, said last year he can't keep up with Gaël in jogging, that's why I asked - and also because I saw a poll about the 100 m question on another board.)
lisa's question (what did Roger tell him after the Nadal match?): Rasheed was very positive about the way he played his match in every regard, tactically, mentally and physically - they had worked out a gameplan and he was able to execute it during the whole match, he kept his focus all the time and didn't panic, and also the fact that he was able to cope physically with Rafa.

The last one is in English, no translation needed, he also answers questions in English!

Last edited by Truc : 01-14-2009 at 07:56 AM.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:55 AM   #5
country flag simplet

simplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond repute

That's pretty cute. He does sound like he's fifteen, but it's nice of him to take the time to answer all the questions. Are we really sure it's him? Even with the pictures and all it could be someone around him?

Last edited by simplet : 01-14-2009 at 09:23 AM.
simplet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:19 AM   #6
country flag Truc

I have no proof, but I have never seen anything suspicious so far. Really good job if it's not Gaël.

I see somebody made the inevitable comment on his poor writing... I hope it's not you, simplet, since you admitted it's nice from him to take the time to answer the questions?
Old 01-14-2009, 09:34 AM   #7
country flag simplet

simplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't! I swear! I think it's funny the way he writes, it goes well with the rest of his character. I don't know if it's me, but he always seems to do awesome and ridiculous stuff at the same time, or better he seems to have a ridiculous way of doing awesome stuff. Plus I went to read that comment you talked about and it was pretty rude.

In other news, I had a bet365 window open and there was some kind of livescore for his match against pim-pim, and now it's gone. He seemed to be losing?
simplet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 07:32 AM   #8
country flag Truc

He answered some more questions:
- he confirms he entered Acapulco. I was hoping it was a mistake. ^^
- he was asked if he can have a normal life and go to the cinema without being assaulted by the fans. So he answers he goes to the cinema, of course, sometimes he has to give an autograph or take a pic, but nothing wild.
- his favourite for the AO, out of the big 4, is Muzza.
- he was asked about the nicest players on the tour. He answers a lot of players are really nice, for example Federer, Monaco, Wawrinka. There is no player on the tour he can't stand. There is a good spirit between the players, really. They don't spend so much time together anyway since the players of the same country often stick together.
- there were questions about Ritchie and Jo: he really hopes Richard will do huge things this year because he's such a great guy, he worked hard during the winter, Gaël thinks he can really do well at the AO. As for Jo, he hasn't talked to him since his withdrawal, he has no news, he will see him tomorrow.
- it's just a small pain in the foot which forced him to pull out of the Adelaide exho.

He even answers in the same cool way all the idiots who ask him if he plans on learning how to write in French in 2009. I really hope it's him, he's too cute.

Last edited by Truc : 01-16-2009 at 10:32 AM.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:17 PM   #9
country flag Truc

He answered the next questions:
- He still has his tatoo and no, he doesn't hide it.
- He is alone in Australia, no friends, no gf, no family members, just his new physio Stéphane Falchy and Patrick Chamagne who was his condition trainer during the off season.
- His foot is feeling better, he's still getting treatement for it everyday.
- He'll play Acapulco because he feels like playing on clay, even if it's a surprising choice for some people.

He answers some questions in English again.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:43 AM   #10
country flag Truc

*bump*
I just read on GM.com that Gaël wrote again from the Mexico airport and said he will give news again. Nothing yet since his last entry.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:41 PM   #11
country flag xhr75019

xhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond repute

Just dicovered the blog, it's fun ! Thanks a lot Fran as usual you are the best ! It really looks genuine, I am sure it's him plus I take your word for it.
You're too good to us, doing even the translation

SIMONFILS
& TSONGASQUET
+ a few others...
xhr75019 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:12 PM   #12
country flag Truc

Nothing new on the blog, I just came across that again yesterday by looking for the judo things, his interview on the Roland-Garros website last year:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
Favourite website
Orangeblog.fr My blog is on there, my username is Sliderman.
He hasn't updated his blog anymore since Mexico or answered any question, but gaelmonfils.com is announcing Gaël's blog soon, so maybe he isn't supposed to have both things.

Last edited by Truc : 04-06-2009 at 07:06 AM.