Articles, videos, news... about French tennis - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-16-2009, 03:55 PM   #151
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Articles, videos, news... about French tennis

Yep, don't bother with the whole encoding/uploading hassle yet, we can wait two days to watch it on the website. We'll need help only if they change their mind and don't have it on the website anymore!

There was an interview about the doc in L'Equipe today:

It's up to Richard to decide what he wants to do. They tried to get some testimony about the story, but nobody wanted to talk. If he wants to keep doing this thing, they will show his life off the tour and how he deals with the situation. But of course he can also say it doesn't make sense anymore and then it will be "The Three Musketeers" like in the novel of Dumas.

About the fact that the players are paid 25.000 € for this doc: the lawyers of the players are very cautious, they wanted to make sure the Canal people wouldn't film their private life. And since Canal wanted to have access to some things behind the scenes too, it was better to formalize everything by contract. The amount is almost symbolic for the players.
Canal is doing similar things in football and rugby and there always are nice things to show behind the scenes. In tennis it's new and harder to do at the moment: so many barriers, so many lawyers.
All the players got the same amount and Richard will keep getting as much as the others.
The lawyers wanted to take a look at the docs before they're aired. Canal refused. That's how it works in other sports and there are no problems. If they know they filmed something which was borderline, they call the player to be sure he will be OK with it. It's too important for them to keep a good relationship.

Then a question about the fact that Richard told a Canal cameraman in Barcelona to stop recording his match...
... and he apologized after the match. It's symbolic. They're not expecting the players to be available and in good spirits all the time. Richard actually was the most open one lately. They had a lot of funny footage with him, but it would be awkward to broadcast it now. The others are not closing up either. The Canal people just wish their season would take off.

They planned to have 8 episodes and they will stick to it. Maybe people will be less interested if they're not in the top 10 anymore, if they're all injured... but that's part of the sports and of this kind of programme. The point was to tell their story and to turn it into a sort of sitcom à la "Desperate Housewives". So far, it's more a sitcom about breakings off and bad news.

Last edited by Truc : 05-16-2009 at 04:39 PM.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2009, 04:26 PM   #152
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

I don't like this "sitcom" concept much. I'm not surprised he says that because the "Intérieur Sport" makers said after the 1st episode that it wasn't really what they wanted to do and that the 2nd episode was much more like it.
To me, the 2nd episode looked more fake. Like a sitcom indeed.

But I know I have special expectations which might be boring for people who are not as obsessively interested in the guys as we are here (or as I am).
Old 05-16-2009, 04:52 PM   #153
country flag krn81

krn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkFeatherBoa View Post
Hi ladies,

The video I speak of is available on Youtube, it's from RG last year. I'll post the link here later, when I'm not surfing through my phone.

And thanks Marion, forgot it could be viewed on Canal + website. Will wait eagerly until then.

Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwrDD...e=channel_page
Thanks for the video, it is funny, but the "costum" of the journalist

Marion, te prends la tete, on attendra qq jours. Par contre, toi qui l'a vu, tu l'as trouvé comment cet épisode?
krn81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 05:16 PM   #154
country flag Keijan

Keijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the vid PinkFeather, and for the article Fran !

I won't have the time to convert/upload it anyway, I would have tried to if it was really good, but it wasn't. I was bored most of the time, to be honest. We don't learn anything new, it's just a recap of the clay season with one or two funny moments, but that's pretty much all.

It was divided in four parts : first Richie, then Gaël, then Jo, Gilles to finish. They only focus on each of them and we never see them together (apart from when Richie plays against Jo in Rome) which was what made the previous 2 that interesting in my opinion.

- Nothing new about Richie's story. We just have a few depressing quotes by Peyre not refering to the coke stuff but which sounded a bit alarming to me : "he doesn't play well but he doesn't deserve to play well" ; "that's not Gasquet anymore" about this match lost against, was it Rochus or someone like that. Some pretty amazing Richie-being-handsome moments though, which were the only interest of this part imho

- Gaël's part was the best (as always I would add!) This guy is seriously the cutest thing on Earth they filmed him when he went on that boat with the sailor (cf the pics Fran posted on his forum) and he's enjoying the experience so much, just like a little kid, so adorable Again, the highlight of the series. His knees seem better, but he might or might not play RG -they don't know anything more than us (on voit l'excroissance osseuse qu'il a montrée aux journalistes à un moment, ça fait peur !)

- Nothing new about Jo either, except he doesn't find alarming the fact that he has only played three matches on clay so far, and lost two. On the other hand, I don't know if the guy finds anything ever alarming there is a funny moment about him filming an add for Wii tennis with Murray and Macenroe. They seemed to have enjoyed themselves muchly.

- Practice session with Gilles in RG. Lots of blinding smiles and generalized handsomness which means I don't remember much of what he said Tulasne spoke a lot too, about how DC started a crispation (?) in Gilles, and Gilles said that the match he lost against Djoko in Dubai hurted him a lot more than he would have liked to. It seems he started going down from that point.

There you go, but really, apart from Gael's awwwwness and Gillou's smiles, which they could have filmed for all 35 minutes as far as I'm concerned, there wasn't anything really interesting so don't expect too much.

Last edited by Keijan : 05-19-2009 at 09:24 PM.
Keijan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 08:15 PM   #155
country flag Truc

Urgh, thanks, the summary doesn't sound very tempting indeed.
The interaction between them is by far the most interesting thing, that's true.
On the other hand, I don't think they spend a lot of time together and the point of the doc for me is to see them the way they really are.
It's certainly much easier to make this kind of documentary with team sports indeed.

Gaël should have joined the others in Düsseldorf to play a couple of matches and test his knee, it would have been perfect for Canal!
Old 05-16-2009, 11:42 PM   #156
country flag Keijan

Keijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond repute

I corrected it, you can delete your post now, thanks.

Fran, I agree, they spent time together in the previous two because of the AO, the DC and IW and that was the most interesting for me. But yeah, Jo was saying in the interview of the last French TM that the four of them certainly don't eat together at every lunch since they're all very individual and focused on themselves, but they sure enjoy hanging out together from time to time and they share common memories that nobody will take away. Friends from afar, I like the concept
Old 05-18-2009, 06:33 AM   #157
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkFeatherBoa View Post
The video I speak of is available on Youtube, it's from RG last year.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwrDD...e=channel_page
Thanks! I have not seen this before. And I hardly ever saw Paolo so in such a good mood.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:19 PM   #158
country flag Truc

The 3rd episode:
http://player.canalplus.fr/#/243212
Old 05-18-2009, 09:29 PM   #159
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Richie and Gilles both look lovely in this one. I've always liked Gael but now Jo is growing on me too.
Cloudygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:33 PM   #160
country flag Keijan

Merci ! J'adore comment Jo mouche Leconte, j'avais oublié ça "ah ouais... j'en ai pas mis beaucoup dehors quand même."

Peut-être qu'il montre discrètement son désaccord avec toutes les saloperies que Leconte a balancées sur Richie... ah, ça fait plaisir
Old 05-18-2009, 10:05 PM   #161
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute

Gillou just looks fantastic in the closing shot

Gillou ~~~~~ & ~~~~~ Andy
MsTree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 12:33 PM   #162
country flag Bashak

Bashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you!
Is there a way to get rid of the EDF pub?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post

Suicide Tennis Winner: Doha 2010, Basel 2009 FITD Winner: Auckland 2012, Nice 2010, London WTF 2009, Tokyo 2009, Roland Garros 2009, Paris 2008, Basel 2008 TT Finalist: Nottingham 2009, Savannah 2009, Marrakech 2011. TT Doubles Winner: Sarasota 2011 (w/ coasterman9 TT Doubles Finalist: Bergamo 2011 (w/ leoneo), Fergana 2009 (w/ catatonia) DTT Doubles Winner: Miami 2011 (w/Abollo)
Bashak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:10 PM   #163
country flag Truc

There was no EDF ad yesterday evening, it's really annoying!
I uploaded it here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4NXSMPD9
Old 05-19-2009, 02:50 PM   #164
country flag Bashak

Bashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond repute

You are awesome! I can't good rep you for some reason.

I am going to download it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
There was no EDF ad yesterday evening, it's really annoying!
I uploaded it here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4NXSMPD9

Suicide Tennis Winner: Doha 2010, Basel 2009 FITD Winner: Auckland 2012, Nice 2010, London WTF 2009, Tokyo 2009, Roland Garros 2009, Paris 2008, Basel 2008 TT Finalist: Nottingham 2009, Savannah 2009, Marrakech 2011. TT Doubles Winner: Sarasota 2011 (w/ coasterman9 TT Doubles Finalist: Bergamo 2011 (w/ leoneo), Fergana 2009 (w/ catatonia) DTT Doubles Winner: Miami 2011 (w/Abollo)
Bashak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 04:28 PM   #165
country flag krn81

krn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond repute

you can also see here in big screen without adverstissement:
http://www.canalplus.fr/tous-les-pro...nZone=carousel

Well more boring than the previous version but Lecomte should shup ut lately, when he said: "conditions is not the only point that you also need to win lot of matches to be ready for RG"; hum hum what did Gael did last year in tournaments before RG??
Marion I also like Jo's answer

Moreover; what the song at the beginning of each episode?
krn81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote