Can't believe it's already Saturday - Saturday - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-27-2009, 05:27 AM   #1
country flag nastoff
LIFETIME MUG

nastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Can't believe it's already Saturday - Saturday

Ok, here we go, since nobody wants to open a thread and the weekend threads are normally the least busy ones:

We've got Djokovic playing Gilles Simon and for me this is an over game. Both players won't want to lose this and unless somebody performs much worse than expected I can foresee 3 sets or at least two very close ones. I doubt Djokovic will have it easy against the pusher.

Ferrer is 1.78 to beat Gasquet. Ferrer is in unpredictable form but here he has a fantastic opportunity to make the final as Gasquet fluked it in the end against Bolelli - despite dominating the match. Bolelli had a couple of serves to finish in in the 3rd set TB but blew them. When you do that with a match you control you cannot be expected to storm through in a tighter match, not to mention the 3-1 h2h. If Gasquet plays like a top tenner and win, then I have nothing to say. But it's good opportunity on Ferrer this. I normally don't like betting on Ferrer, he really lets me down but I will make an exception here.

Koubek - Rochus, I'm not touching but I have a slight suspicion that Rochus might be able to pull the mini upset. Koubek has a 4-0 lead in the h2h but 2 of them were retirements. It's time Rochus pulls one back ( maybe ).

Baghdatis - Chardy is just an over for me. Chardy's matches are always close.

I think Pennetta will potentially play a better match against Benesova and make the final. Benesova is not really that great. Venus will also beat Strycova.

I don't rate Garcia-Lopez much, so I initially thought that Korolev might - at last make it. Then I saw the price on Korolev rise from 1.71 to 1.78. I'll wait to see how this develops but Korolev has more game that GGL.
Almagro simply has to beat VA and he showed better form today. Still struggled a bit though. Fish to beat Serra.

Last edited by nastoff : 02-27-2009 at 06:02 AM.
nastoff is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2009, 06:55 AM   #2
country flag maconick

maconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can't believe it's already Saturday - Saturday

lol its friday
maconick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 07:22 AM   #3
country flag nastoff
LIFETIME MUG

nastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I never believed it was Saturday anyway.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:26 AM   #4
country flag desigundah

desigundah has a reputation beyond reputedesigundah has a reputation beyond reputedesigundah has a reputation beyond reputedesigundah has a reputation beyond reputedesigundah has a reputation beyond reputedesigundah has a reputation beyond reputedesigundah has a reputation beyond reputedesigundah has a reputation beyond reputedesigundah has a reputation beyond reputedesigundah has a reputation beyond reputedesigundah has a reputation beyond repute

Novak Djokovic 1.45 over David Ferrer:

The career h2h is tied at 3-3 but Djokovic has absolutely clowned Ferrer on back to back occasions on similar hard courts. The 3 hour marathon match with Simon yesterday was grueling but Simon is a kind of guy that can give Nole much more fits than Ferrer. Ferrer has played his absolute best this week showing the tour that he may actually prefer this surface to the red clay. Ferrer obviously can trouble Djokovic if he simply does not miss but his firepower is limited and I think Nole will be too much. There will be some sun out there and the only hope Ferrer has is if Djokovic doesn't have much fuel left in the tank but thats about it. Another gift of a price on Novak IMO.

Jeremy Chardy 2.26 over Mardy Fish:

Chardy is probably the most underrated player on tour this year. The Frenchman has wins over the likes of Ferrer, Stepanek, Andreev, and Baghdatis and has pushed the likes of Djokovic and Tsonga to the limit. Fish's price is inflated here. Basically Fish sucks and we all know that and Chardy is an up and coming stud. Too much value to pass up.

Gael Monfils 1.6 over Nico Almagro.
desigundah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 09:34 AM   #5
country flag Midnight Express

Midnight Express has a reputation beyond reputeMidnight Express has a reputation beyond reputeMidnight Express has a reputation beyond reputeMidnight Express has a reputation beyond reputeMidnight Express has a reputation beyond reputeMidnight Express has a reputation beyond reputeMidnight Express has a reputation beyond reputeMidnight Express has a reputation beyond reputeMidnight Express has a reputation beyond reputeMidnight Express has a reputation beyond reputeMidnight Express has a reputation beyond repute

Djoker OVER Ferru @1.42!!
No sun no fun,David!!

Llaguna/MJM over DL/Parra @1.47!!!!
I would go for them even if they were 1.25!!Kicked them last week,will do the same today...The poor one here is Parra Santonja and in this ALL-SPANISH battle its clear! Will parlay it almost everywhere, its been long time since I was so confident in doubles match!!

Prince Charming vs. Fishy 24.5 games LINE?
Am I the only one having scared bookie coz this is going to be another TB-time..I am bored by following this stuff...Jeremy played y-day like he had covered all these OVER in set,TB in set atc. stuff!Won't look at lower line as it makes no difference,just another 7:6 7:5.

Monk is worth a shot as every time I see buffet-Nico I wonder how he can bend down to tie the laces over that belly!

P.S. WTF? Bookies offer Rochus on Saturday AND THERE ITS NOT A Qually? And he is playing Korolev fixer? This Delray Beach is clowns tournie with stream from 1965..
Midnight Express is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 09:34 AM   #6
country flag Julio
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Julio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by desigundah View Post
Novak Djokovic 1.45 over David Ferrer:
Ferrer has played his absolute best this week showing the tour that he may actually prefer this surface to the red clay. Ferrer obviously can trouble Djokovic if he simply does not miss but his firepower is limited and I think Nole will be too much. There will be some sun out there and the only hope Ferrer has is if Djokovic doesn't have much fuel left in the tank but thats about it. Another gift of a price on Novak IMO.
For me Ferrer still far to his best. 1.45 is a gift for you ? I thought that Nole would be @ 1.71+.
Julio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 10:22 AM   #7
country flag true

true true true true true true true true true true true
Arrow Re: Can't believe it's already Saturday - Saturday

My plays for today :

ATP Dubai
2500 $ on Novak Djokovic over David Ferrer @ 1.5

ATP Acapulco
1000 $ on Gael Monfils over Nicolas Almagro @ 1.6

ATP Delray Beach
750 $ on Jeremy Chardy over Mardy Fish @ 2.48
true is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 10:33 AM   #8
country flag nastoff
LIFETIME MUG

wow the odds on the favs are decent today, even Djokovic is 1.50+. Venus played so well yesterday, it was really a solid performance against a player who was trying on every point. Pennetta did play well but if Venus wants this title, Venus collects. Korolev looked so dominant against GGL and Djokovic logically speaking will be fired up to beat Ferrer.
Fish - Chardy is interesting and I might go for the over again. Monfils is way too low against Almagro. If Monfils was around 1.80-1.85 I'd go for him but 1.60? That price sucks.

For now:

Djokovic & Venus @ 2.13

Korolev @ 1.72

Are the bookies in a charitable mode?
Old 02-28-2009, 10:36 AM   #9
country flag desigundah

desigundah has a reputation beyond reputedesigundah has a reputation beyond reputedesigundah has a reputation beyond reputedesigundah has a reputation beyond reputedesigundah has a reputation beyond reputedesigundah has a reputation beyond reputedesigundah has a reputation beyond reputedesigundah has a reputation beyond reputedesigundah has a reputation beyond reputedesigundah has a reputation beyond reputedesigundah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio View Post
For me Ferrer still far to his best. 1.45 is a gift for you ? I thought that Nole would be @ 1.71+.
In my opinion Djokovic is the 2nd best player under the lights/ indoor at the moment. If you look at his record last year its clear that he struggles in the sun. Thats where his big losses come. But when the stars are out Nole shines brightest. I honestly think that the odds would've been closer to 1.30 if it weren't for what took place yesterday so yes 1.45 is a gift to me.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:39 AM   #10
country flag desigundah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio View Post
In my opinion Djokovic is the 2nd best player under the lights/ indoor at the moment. If you look at his record last year its clear that he struggles in the sun. Thats where his big losses come. But when the stars are out Nole shines brightest. I honestly think that the odds would've been closer to 1.30 if it weren't for what took place yesterday so yes 1.45 is a gift to me.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:41 AM   #11
country flag Machiavelli

Machiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond repute

I have Djokovic @1,60 , bonus tip at my local bookie, time to deliver Novak
Old 02-28-2009, 10:58 AM   #12
country flag nastoff
LIFETIME MUG

Quote:
Originally Posted by desigundah View Post
Under the lights outdoots yeah, he's incredibly solid. But indoors he's crap, Tsonga has his number everytime.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:01 AM   #13
country flag true

true true true true true true true true true true true

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastoff View Post
If Monfils was around 1.80-1.85 I'd go for him but 1.60? That price sucks.
It's def not a very good price considering Almagro is the defending champ, thats why I only bet 1k. I still think it is value. Almagro played decent the whole tournament but he didnt impress me at all plus he had "easy" draws. Monfils now that he is in the top 10 wants nothing more than to take this title and the 500 points.
true is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 11:09 AM   #14
country flag TheBrainiac

TheBrainiac has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrainiac has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrainiac has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrainiac has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrainiac has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrainiac has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrainiac has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrainiac has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrainiac has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrainiac has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrainiac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Express View Post
Djoker OVER Ferru @1.42!!
No sun no fun,David!!

Llaguna/MJM over DL/Parra @1.47!!!!
I would go for them even if they were 1.25!!Kicked them last week,will do the same today...The poor one here is Parra Santonja and in this ALL-SPANISH battle its clear! Will parlay it almost everywhere, its been long time since I was so confident in doubles match!!

Prince Charming vs. Fishy 24.5 games LINE?
Am I the only one having scared bookie coz this is going to be another TB-time..I am bored by following this stuff...Jeremy played y-day like he had covered all these OVER in set,TB in set atc. stuff!Won't look at lower line as it makes no difference,just another 7:6 7:5.

Monk is worth a shot as every time I see buffet-Nico I wonder how he can bend down to tie the laces over that belly!

P.S. WTF? Bookies offer Rochus on Saturday AND THERE ITS NOT A Qually? And he is playing Korolev fixer? This Delray Beach is clowns tournie with stream from 1965..
What bunch of shit

How about 2-0 last year :

Lourdes Dominguez-Lino/Arantxa Parra-Santonja N. Llagostera Vives/M. Martinez Sanchez 6-4 6-3

Lourdes Dominguez-Lino/Arantxa Parra-Santonja N. Llagostera Vives/M. Martinez Sanchez 4-6 7-5 10-4

And I am not even saying they wont win but what a joke argument and making people think this is some sort of a lock where they have 10-0 H2H or something .
TheBrainiac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 11:15 AM   #15
country flag kusinvitamin

kusinvitamin kusinvitamin kusinvitamin kusinvitamin kusinvitamin kusinvitamin kusinvitamin kusinvitamin kusinvitamin kusinvitamin kusinvitamin

Barclays Dubai Tennis Tournament Winner David Ferrer 3.7

Abierto Mexicano Telcel Tournament Winner Gael Monfils 2.1
kusinvitamin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote