Acapulco 2009 - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-26-2009, 05:31 PM   #31
country flag simplet

simplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Acapulco 2009

I think that Verdasco thing is because he withdrew late from Dubai, so he has to either show that he has a serious injury, or do something to promote the tournament, otherwise he'll get a 0 and one of his other results will drop.

I'm certainly hoping that Gael manages at least to go to the semifinals though. The field in this tournament is an absolute tragedy. His opponent in the quarter has won two matches on the main tour in his entire life.
simplet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2009, 05:45 PM   #32
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Add 2 more for Acapulco. Including a win over a former world number 1. Leo is playing the tournament of his life.

Gaël should win indeed.

But his half of the draw is quite tough compared to the upper half!
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 06:12 PM   #33
country flag Keijan

Keijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond repute

it's such a shame that Jo didn't play anywhere this week. Or else Forget would have had to handle the journalists alone on saturday, I can totally imagine the scene "yeah, they're all super motivated I swear, except hem... not a single one is there today." Unless Mika would try to disguise himself in all the others to make the journos believe everyone was there
Keijan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:02 PM   #34
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

I'm listening the podcast of Carrement Tennis and as expected the journalist are rude about his choice of Acapulco lol : for money & women
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:31 PM   #35
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

"C'est même pas un tacle, là, je vais le décoiffer pour l'année, le Gaël Monfils: c'est du GRAND n'importe quoi, il n'a RIEN à foutre à Acapulco!"

The journalists say Acapulco is known for being a huge party and that's the only reason why all the players go there. All the Spaniards and South Americans partying together, that makes sense - but Gaël?
I have already thought of a possible story with a girl too because of the mixed event. It was quick then, because he entered it just after Doha, but everything is possible with him.
I can't believe it's just for the money since he could have played Dubai.
I still think he might have made a statement about DC with that move. Forget said that there was a misunderstanding with a player, but that everything was cleared up in Melbourne. If it was Gaël, I can imagine him enter Acapulco on an impulse then.
It cracks me up, we will never know why the hell he is playing Acapulco.

(I had forgotten about "Carrément tennis" again, thanks for reminding me, I've only listened to a few bits so far, but it's funny. I love the part about the atmosphere in DC, that's exactly how I imagine it. I almost feel bad for Forget!)

Last edited by Truc : 02-26-2009 at 09:36 PM.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:51 AM   #36
country flag real_995

real_995 has a reputation beyond reputereal_995 has a reputation beyond reputereal_995 has a reputation beyond reputereal_995 has a reputation beyond reputereal_995 has a reputation beyond reputereal_995 has a reputation beyond reputereal_995 has a reputation beyond reputereal_995 has a reputation beyond reputereal_995 has a reputation beyond reputereal_995 has a reputation beyond reputereal_995 has a reputation beyond repute

its not good win but it win he play very defence the good thing his fitness he has no problem in it the next game hard he must be very foucs and aggressive if he win he had big shot for title its your time gael plz
real_995 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 06:30 AM   #37
country flag Truc

I can't enter GM, so I don't know what they say about this beautiful win, unfortunately.
Did you watch it, real? Did he behave? He says in his video interview that the first set was quite good and he's feeling well physically, it' the most important for me.
I take any win in Acapulco, even ugly ones, I just don't want him to get injured.

Chucho next, they've never played before. Last match of the day again (-> around 4:00-5:00 for us in Europe...)

Last edited by Truc : 02-27-2009 at 08:22 AM.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:42 PM   #38
country flag Tess Gray

Tess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond repute

So what exactly is being said in these podcasts? I can't download them I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulage
I'm listening the podcast of Carrement Tennis and as expected the journalist are rude about his choice of Acapulco lol : for money & women
Well you can't blame the poor fellow, can you?
Tess Gray is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:27 PM   #39
country flag Truc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess Gray View Post
So what exactly is being said in these podcasts? I can't download them I think
You mean the part about Gaël? The whole podcast is one hour long, there are like 30 minutes about Jo, then a part about Gaël and the Davis Cup and the end is about the WTA (Razzano). They're also talking about things "behind the scenes", how the players are in person, etc. and they ask very direct questions, like: everybody is loving Jo atm, but will people start to find him annoying after a while? How are they going to establish a team spirit in DC with some of the new guys being quite individualistic? This kind of stuff, it's funny.

But there is nothing else in the part about Gaël, they just wonder why the heck he's playing in Acapulco and a journalist says he has heard it's for the money and because of a girl.
They explain a little bit what kind of tournament Acapulco is and imply that Gaël just wanted to party and have fun and it's a joke he's playing there.
They mean it will cost him his spot in Davis Cup. Forget had suggested him to tank since it obviously is a mistake to play there a few days before the DC tie, but Gaël is making a statement by winning his first round matches according to a journalist.

I don't remember the rest, I listened to it yesterday evening...
Thanks God Gaël is trying to win his matches now that he's come all the way from Europe! I still think he has a chance to play in DC if he does well there and is full of confidence. He was doing OK in Rotterdam on a similar surface before he got sick.

Here is the direct link:
http://media.rtl.fr/online/sound/200...u-26-02-09.mp3

Last edited by Truc : 02-28-2009 at 08:40 AM.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:34 PM   #40
country flag xhr75019

xhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond repute

Sport+ will broadcast Gaël's match against Acasuso tomorrow at 9.30 am

SIMONFILS
& TSONGASQUET
+ a few others...
xhr75019 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 07:01 PM   #41
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Jose did well since the start of South-America season. It's a big test for Gael but he match is too late to be watched.

For the spot in DC he has still his chance, the train in Ostrava will decide many things imo because for the moment Gilles is a little bit nervous & Richard still not convincing
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 05:53 AM   #42
country flag Truc

6-3 6-4.
I didn't watch it, but the match reports sound like he's improving. Peaking for the final.
Same as in Melbourne now, please!

The h2h:
2006 Barcelona Clay (O) N.ALMAGRO 2-6 4-6
2008 Olympic Tennis Event - Beijing Hard (O) G.MONFILS 6-4 3-6 6-3
2009 Australian Open Hard (O) G.MONFILS 6-4 6-3 7-5
Old 02-28-2009, 09:06 AM   #43
country flag Truc

krystlel's article about the Acapulco semi-finals:
http://mvn.com/tennisdiary/2009/02/a...lco-final.html
Old 02-28-2009, 09:51 AM   #44
country flag xhr75019

xhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond repute

I saw part of it. Gaël was very solid and focused, leading all the way through. Very few UE from his part.

Both players were spitting on the ground every other point. It's really apalling, somebody should tell them

SIMONFILS
& TSONGASQUET
+ a few others...

Last edited by xhr75019 : 02-28-2009 at 09:56 AM.
xhr75019 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 09:54 AM   #45
country flag Tess Gray

Tess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond repute

yay in the final

He has a good shot at winning this, although Almagro on clay can be quite dangerous. Allez Gael
Tess Gray is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote