****** Dubai Tournament Lets Hope To See Rogii Holding His 2nd Home Trophy ****** - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-18-2009, 12:07 PM   #31
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ****** Dubai Tournament Lets Hope To See Rogii Holding His 2nd Home Trophy ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
everything he spent years building up just dissapeared in that tournament .. the way he spoke about other players, the way he lost that final, the pathetic way he conducted himself after losing it, showing the whole planet he is Nadal's bunny and crying about it
This is harsh, but there is a lot of truth in it. However, he has achieved so much, nobody can take that away from him an, so it should be a sound basis for reconsideration his way of doing things and my guess is, this is exactly what he will spend his time on during the break, I don't buy the back story.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2009, 12:12 PM   #32
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ****** Dubai Tournament Lets Hope To See Rogii Holding His 2nd Home Trophy ***

i hope he does alot of thinking about his conduct also

he needs to realize not everything is about him anymore and he needs to change his game and refocus his mind to win more GS's and not expect them on a plate now that Roddick, Hewitt, Safins have been replacted by players that he cant bully

and enough of the GS record/GOAT stuff as well, which IMO, he was starting to get carried away with
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:18 PM   #33
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
.....Roddick, Hewitt, Safins have been replacted by players that he cant bully
Marat at least won a GS after beating him.

Quote:
and enough of the GS record/GOAT stuff as well, which IMO, he was starting to get carried away with
It is hard to stay grounded, when you have a career like him. And modesty was never a dominant trait of character, he just hid his ambitious part well for a long time.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 02-18-2009, 01:26 PM   #34
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

Roger , please take care~~~~
we love you~~
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:17 PM   #35
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, I don't agree that the way he conducted himself after the final was pathetic. That's BS.

And I don't think he's in hiding licking his wounds because of what happened at AO. Look what happened at Wimbledon last year. That tournament means more to Roger than anything other. He still went on to win the US Open.

Of course we have no way of knowing if his back is really bothering him or not, but the way he 's been serving this year (especially in the AO final) I wouldn't be surprised. If he doesn't have his serve he can forget about winning anything.

Thank you Nick for taking out the trash at Wimbledon!
nobama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:38 PM   #36
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
It would have surely been better for Roger to skip the stupid exho after last year's TMC and maybe also the Abu Dhabi tournament.

I trust in him that he knows what it's best for his health, so I hope the withdraw of Dubai and the DC encounter are really only a precaution. The season is still early and there wait a lot of remaining challenges for him which are far more important then the two events which he had to skip.

Get well soon Roger

The GM thread regarding this issue proves once again the brilliance of MTF. A lot of "clever" comments from people who don't care at all about Roger, but nevertheless feel the need to write crap.
if Rogi had skipped both TMC and the exos, it w have been fine for him to play Abu Dhabi to get himself started this year

as for those clowns on GM, what do they know about Rogi anyway? only what they want to know... not reality... not many people on Rogi's side these days -- let the trolls and Fedals drop out now that TFA is ruling the tour, ho hum...

Más vale mańa que fuerza -- proverbio espańol
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:45 PM   #37
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute

Well the clowns seem to find their way in here too.

Old 02-18-2009, 04:19 PM   #38
country flag MalwareDie

MalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond repute

I hope Roger recovers soon. Missing an MM tournament like Dubai isn't too bad. I think he'll win Miami.
MalwareDie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 05:14 PM   #39
country flag ExpectedWinner

ExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin View Post
I don't buy the back story.
Based on what? I hate when players lose and use their injures as an excuse. But if they withdraw, what's the problem?

People never get injured sitting in front of their computers, but those who have been training and playing the sport since 7, usually have some nagging chronic conditions in their 20s.

For some reason, general public like "heroes" playing through injures on cortisone shots (cutting their career short in the process)... and blame players who take a good care of themselves.

I prefer players to withdraw before the srart of a tournament. Calling for a trainer regularly and turning every press conference into a medical update is an atrocious thing to do, imo.

Last edited by ExpectedWinner : 02-19-2009 at 06:03 AM.
ExpectedWinner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 06:08 PM   #40
country flag didadida

didadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
Sometimes I'm able to ignore certain threads or posts. I'll never understand it when people joke about injuries or health problems of a player.
yeah it is really annoying rhey just care about makong jokes and without any respect for others

Quote:
Hi Donna I'm fine, thanks for asking. Been busy with a few things, but I hope I'll get them fix soon. How are you?
ive been busy too lately but im a bit ok right now .hope to meet you here around soon dear

the recipe is simple yet but extremely rare:buckets of athletic ability coupled with gallons of mental tenacity are the core ingredients that produce a Tiger Woods,a Michael Jordan...a Roger Federer

roger is the best
didadida is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 06:42 PM   #41
country flag Puschkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
Well the clowns seem to find their way in here too.
Supporting a player does not mean that I like eyerything he says and does, taht I have to agree with him on everything. And yes, I did find his behaviour at the victory ceremony embarassing, even if I could understand it. Call me a clown for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpectedWinner View Post
For some reason, general public like "heroes" playing through injures on cortisone shots (cutting their career short in the process)... and blame players who take a good care of themselves.

I prefer players to withdraw before the srart of a tournament. Calling for a trainer regularly and turning every press conference into a medical update is an atrocious thing to do, imo.
I never favoured "heroes" playing through injuries. All I wanted to say is, that I think there is more to this withdrawal than back problems. Just my interpretation of things.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Last edited by Puschkin : 02-18-2009 at 06:54 PM.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:59 PM   #42
country flag Rog1

Rog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeap, your health comes first and after reading Roger's letter on RF.com today I can only hope that this injury is short term and that he will be able to play freely again soon.

Linda-(Luton-UK)
Rog1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:00 PM   #43
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

Quote:
Supporting a player does not mean that I like eyerything he says and does, taht I have to agree with him on everything. And yes, I did find his behaviour at the victory ceremony embarassing, even if I could understand it. Call me a clown for that.
I wasn't referring to you.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:19 PM   #44
country flag ExpectedWinner

ExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
All I wanted to say is, that I think there is more to this withdrawal than back problems. Just my interpretation of things.
Who knows, it could be.

However, he finished last season with a back injury and he had absolutely nothing on his serve in some matches this year. So, I don't know how people can deny the possibility of him being injured/needing more rehabilitation.
ExpectedWinner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:29 PM   #45
country flag Federerhingis

Federerhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
i hope he does alot of thinking about his conduct also

he needs to realize not everything is about him anymore and he needs to change his game and refocus his mind to win more GS's and not expect them on a plate now that Roddick, Hewitt, Safins have been replacted by players that he cant bully

Miguelito, I do see your point and I kind of agree, Roger needs to retool his attitude and get back to working hard and not expecting anything to come easily. He's no longer the boss and hasn't been so for about a good year now, so get your act together, work on intensity and suck it up as all the other great champions have. I believe he should be able to accomplish this, he's demostrated that he indeed is a hard worker in the past.

Hello all.
when he has done you no harm, Proverbs3:30"

So long Marat Safin, C'mon Lleyton Hewitt,Viel gluck Tommy Haas, Bring it on Marcos Baghdatis, Gut Spielen Nicolas Kiefer, Dale Fernando Gonzalez, Dale David Nalbandian, Davai Nikolay Davydenko and Allez Jo-Wilfried Tsonga

Roger continue marvelling us the tennis mortals

Roger Federer & Martina Hingis (TENNIS)
Federerhingis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote