Yes, another new racquet thread - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-17-2009, 10:49 PM   #1
country flag Cash91

Cash91 is on a distinguished road
Default Yes, another new racquet thread

Basically, I am a tool who has smashed his 3rd racquet in the space of a few months.

Previously, I have just bought head ones that looked nice at around the £80 mark, but this time I'd prefer something more specified to me.

I play with a double-hand forehand and a single hand backhand (well I try), so I dunno if that makes any difference to what racquet I should buy.

I pretty much want somebody who knows their stuff to suggest something for me, and what specifications would suit me. I quite like head, definatley prefer them over any other make. Also, how are these new Adidas racquets? Any good?
Cash91 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2009, 07:54 AM   #2
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yes, another new racquet thread

if you play a double handed forehand a racket thats slightly longer may benefit you: extra reach, extra power, etc. seeing as you prefer head rackets, the microgel extreme may be one to consider. its 27.25 inches long, 100 square inches headsize and 295g weight. its also got a more rounded headsize, so you get a wider speedspot. it will also be coming down in price soon as there is a new version coming out. something similar is the wilson k6.2, which again is longer, but slightly lighter at 284g. the adidas rackets seem good value for money, if you wanted to look at one of them then the responder would be the one to look at, it has pretty similar specs to the wilson k6.2. most of the other adidas rackets would probably be too small headsize for a double hander forehand
jazar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:18 AM   #3
country flag Cash91

Cash91 is on a distinguished road

Cheers jazar, much appreciated. Is this the one you mention http://www.prodirecttennis.com/prodi...&BRAND=33&SS=1 ?
Cash91 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:32 PM   #4
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute

thats the new version of it.
jazar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote