The reason behind the biscuit's ban - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-05-2009, 10:29 AM   #1
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute
Default The reason behind the biscuit's ban

We demand information. There is a thread about banned users but it's not like it's being updated when a popular and vocal member gets banned.

It triggers speculations and threads like this one - unnecessarily. There was enough of time to update the other thread.

The latest rumour is she was a double account of P. Antonius.

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2009, 10:34 AM   #2
country flag Thanos
Banned!

Thanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The reason behind the biscuit's ban

i second this motion. its about time that we learn why the biscuit account has been suspended.
Thanos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:41 AM   #3
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
The latest rumour is she was a double account of P. Antonius.

Nathii
Old 02-05-2009, 10:44 AM   #4
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Ask her when she returns?

If it were a long term ban she would be on the Banned User's most wanted list.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:45 AM   #5
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

Well, clarity of the forum deserves information. They want us to obey the rules, but we, the peaceful posters who have friendships on this board, request being seriously treated too. As much as we can guess why ruanz was kicked out, we don't know what happened to Liz.

Sending emo messages to posters?

Scoobs, we were not even informed if she has a long ban or a shot ban, or a perm ban. There were rumours she was a double account. How do we know she comes back? Don't act a smartass because mutual agreement MTF mods have with the posters demands respect from both sides. As if it hurt so much to give the reason.

Old 02-05-2009, 10:48 AM   #6
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

p antonius was banned? And Biscuit?
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:50 AM   #7
country flag Nathaliia

P. Antonius' ban was explained in the banned user info just like it should be.

The biscuit was also banned but we don't know why.

Old 02-05-2009, 10:54 AM   #8
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
P. Antonius' ban was explained in the banned user info just like it should be.

The biscuit was also banned but we don't know why.
Yep went to the thread on banned users just after I posted.
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:55 AM   #9
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, clarity of the forum deserves information. They want us to obey the rules, but we, the peaceful posters who have friendships on this board, request being seriously treated too. As much as we can guess why ruanz was kicked out, we don't know what happened to Liz.

Sending emo messages to posters?

Scoobs, we were not even informed if she has a long ban or a shot ban, or a perm ban. There were rumours she was a double account. How do we know she comes back? Don't act a smartass because mutual agreement MTF mods have with the posters demands respect from both sides. As if it hurt so much to give the reason.
I don't know why she got the ban - it didn't impact the forum I moderate so I kept out of it, and I haven't asked.

I do know it was a short-term ban, I do also know that the list of banned users is kept up to date for long-term or perm-banned users so if a user is banned but not on that you can assume they got a short term ban with a duration of some days.

I don't think the users need to be kept advised of every infraction that other users commit, even if it leads to a short term ban, I don't think that's really any of their business, but that's my personal opinion - we'll have a discussion about this though and consider if there needs to be a change here or not.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:00 AM   #10
country flag JolánGagó
Banned!

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute

Nathii, It has been already informed, albeit in an informal setting, that it is a short term ban for reasons yet unknown to the informer.

JM broke his ban today by creating a second account but was fast spotted and banned again. We have yet to know if this rather foolish attempt at ban breaking will have any further consequences on him.
JolánGagó is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:06 AM   #11
country flag Nathaliia

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
I don't know why she got the ban - it didn't impact the forum I moderate so I kept out of it, and I haven't asked.

I do know it was a short-term ban, I do also know that the list of banned users is kept up to date for long-term or perm-banned users so if a user is banned but not on that you can assume they got a short term ban with a duration of some days.

I don't think the users need to be kept advised of every infraction that other users commit, even if it leads to a short term ban, I don't think that's really any of their business, but that's my personal opinion - we'll have a discussion about this though and consider if there needs to be a change here or not.
Well, you give us as much information as you know yourself now, which is appreciated.

Could have been for infraction points, well, this makes sense. What I meant is that we all know she's a popular person on the forum and we don't know if it was because of infraction points or anything else. She wasn't a random troll who gets out for a few days and comes back and nobody even noticed the disappearance. And yes, most of people do wonder what happened to someone that was liked and was gone; if me or Adam were out for infraction, imagine the havoc on the forum if the official information would be denied to be given, even if we were sent off only for a few days. I hope it does sound rational enough for you to get my point of view.

In the history of MTF I remember banned user info updates when people were out for a week or two if it was about someone known.

Old 02-05-2009, 11:15 AM   #12
country flag JolánGagó
Banned!

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
if me or Adam were out for infraction, imagine the havoc on the forum if the official information would be denied to be given, even if we were sent off only for a few days.
NID

well I for sure would pull a Federer a sob for hours.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:12 PM   #13
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
she's a popular person on the forum

Only people that post in your thread will have any idea who she is.

She has made zero impact in GM.

Quote:
In the history of MTF I remember banned user info updates when people were out for a week or two if it was about someone known.
This is true.

Maybe the mods are getting lazier.
l_mac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:29 AM   #14
country flag JolánGagó
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
Only people that post in your thread will have any idea who she is.

She has made zero impact in GM.
Well people in MariaV's thread know her very well too, there she made a considerable impact. Both thread combined is pretty much what matters of MTF.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:44 AM   #15
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolánGagó View Post
Well people in MariaV's thread know her very well too, there she made a considerable impact.
Only because I made it so I wouldn't say she was popular with that particular thread

Here I am again, making her relevant. Deep down, I like her lots.
l_mac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote