Question for federer fans, who did you like more Agassi or Sampras? - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who did you federer fan like more ?

Sampras 27 48.21%
Agassi 29 51.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-25-2009, 06:17 PM   #46
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question for federer fans, who did you like more Agassi or Sampras?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theRAFA View Post
That is a good point, I was hoping that this thread showed exactly what you said, because most people assume Federer's fans were Sampras fans, but this is not always true, it seems to be about even with Agassi fans becoming Federer fans. I guess Federer takes the ball on the rise a bit which is an Agassi trait (though Agassi takes it a lot earlier, but still)
Actually Sampras's style and Federer's style are very very different ... nearly as much as with Agassi.

As far as I'm concerned, I was astonished by the young Sampras in his first final in 1990 who seemed to have a very complete and "cool" game, whereas, as I said, I didn't like Agassi's marketing and also quite one-sided game.
These first years with Sampras remind me a little bit of the impressions I've had about Federer : such beautiful and perfect game

... but then I became fed-up and boring about Sampras's serve,
and I started to appreciate Agassi : first moment was Wimbledon 1992, which really was a reveal and beauty and desire to support him because to beat the "servers-volleyers" on grass in Wimbledon in that time, which really needed a hard effort and great strokes.

All of this was progressive
... and I precise that I "liked" them both because they were among the most interesting to see, if not the most interesting,

but I loved none of them.

And when they played each other in the 2nd half of the 90's, I was for Agassi, mostly because, like in Wimbledon 1992, I would feel what efforts he needed to do.
Whereas I was really fed-up with how many free points Sampras would win with his serve.

Then my final answer is Agassi, but not by far, not loved any of them, bt liked both of them.

And no none of them has the same style as Federer.