Gaston in the home of the 1st World Cup Winners Montevideo Thread - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-18-2009, 02:08 AM   #31
country flag roberthenman

roberthenman has a reputation beyond reputeroberthenman has a reputation beyond reputeroberthenman has a reputation beyond reputeroberthenman has a reputation beyond reputeroberthenman has a reputation beyond reputeroberthenman has a reputation beyond reputeroberthenman has a reputation beyond reputeroberthenman has a reputation beyond reputeroberthenman has a reputation beyond reputeroberthenman has a reputation beyond reputeroberthenman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Asado, chimichurri, dulce de leche, gracias Jaite and welcome back Gaston Bs AsTh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
He'd have to get a WC to qualies for Acapulco, not sure what he is doing now, but once there is news, then it will be published.
thanks

Adrian Garcia Julio Peralta Thomaz Bellucci Leo Mayer

Forever Marcelo Rios - Pete Sampras - Tim Henman
roberthenman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2009, 07:55 AM   #32
country flag Gaston Wheatons

Gaston Wheatons has a reputation beyond reputeGaston Wheatons has a reputation beyond reputeGaston Wheatons has a reputation beyond reputeGaston Wheatons has a reputation beyond reputeGaston Wheatons has a reputation beyond reputeGaston Wheatons has a reputation beyond reputeGaston Wheatons has a reputation beyond reputeGaston Wheatons has a reputation beyond reputeGaston Wheatons has a reputation beyond reputeGaston Wheatons has a reputation beyond reputeGaston Wheatons has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Asado, chimichurri, dulce de leche, gracias Jaite and welcome back Gaston Bs AsTh

it was bad when he had he doublefault at 2-2 in the third set

and when it was 2-4 he began with 2 doublefaults, the doublefaults are often the problems bu gaudio, he must train his ervice or maybe it is always mental problem?
Gaston Wheatons is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:15 AM   #33
country flag arzu8

arzu8 has a reputation beyond reputearzu8 has a reputation beyond reputearzu8 has a reputation beyond reputearzu8 has a reputation beyond reputearzu8 has a reputation beyond reputearzu8 has a reputation beyond reputearzu8 has a reputation beyond reputearzu8 has a reputation beyond reputearzu8 has a reputation beyond reputearzu8 has a reputation beyond reputearzu8 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Asado, chimichurri, dulce de leche, maté, gracias Jaite and welcome back Gaston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Plenty of matches to watch Arzu, not just Gaston, you are staying near the action, have fun.
I have saved this week stickly for tennis!!! This has been my first clay court event to watch. There is so much more action and play.

I watched the Gaston Gaudio match last night and thought WOW the crowd really loves him ALOT. They were with him on every single point. There were times where you could see the excitement on his face, and then times where he yelled ¨por qué¨ and broke a raquet There was a lady sitting in front of me and could not watch. She and everyone there wanted him to win so bad. His shots were unbelievable, but you could still feel the mental lackness, which has everything to do with Gaston´s game
It was so disappointing to watch him loose, and I think even more disappointing for himself. But he gave it a shot and hopefuuly something will come of it
arzu8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:15 AM   #34
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaston Wheatons View Post
it was bad when he had he doublefault at 2-2 in the third set

and when it was 2-4 he began with 2 doublefaults, the doublefaults are often the problems bu gaudio, he must train his ervice or maybe it is always mental problem?
He is back on the court in a major event for the first time in over a year and all you can do is whine. He was like this when he came back in his first match at the Petrobras exho series in 2008, when he couldn't hit a serve in the court, but he improved with more matches being played.

It's simple the more he plays competitive tennis, the better he will get, that is not exactly rocket science.

He did well to win a set, obviously you have never built a house before, you don't start with the roof do you.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:19 AM   #35
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Asado, chimichurri, dulce de leche, maté, gracias Jaite and welcome back Gaston

Quote:
Originally Posted by arzu8 View Post
I have saved this week stickly for tennis!!! This has been my first clay court event to watch. There is so much more action and play.

I watched the Gaston Gaudio match last night and thought WOW the crowd really loves him ALOT. They were with him on every single point. There were times where you could see the excitement on his face, and then times where he yelled ¨por qué¨ and broke a raquet There was a lady sitting in front of me and could not watch. She and everyone there wanted him to win so bad. His shots were unbelievable, but you could still feel the mental lackness, which has everything to do with Gaston´s game
It was so disappointing to watch him loose, and I think even more disappointing for himself. But he gave it a shot and hopefuuly something will come of it
Well that's Gaston he is able to garner some extreme reactions, when they boo him, they boo him hard, but when they embrace him, it's done with a lot of warmth.

Of course it would have been great if he had won, but alas it was not to be, he isn't playing on the Challenger circuit, it's a higher level. The mental is the biggest part of the game, it's a good beginning, but there is a very long way to go on this journey, and he has to be coming back to tennis for the right reasons, if he does that, then he can achieve whatever his goals are.

Like I said, there are plenty of good matches to watch and individuals, so keep having fun.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 02-18-2009, 03:46 PM   #36
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

well, at least Gasti gave Gimeno-Traver a fight, pushing it to three sets, that's not bad at all

just keep going, Gasti!!

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 05:14 PM   #37
country flag martine2
yawn

martine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond repute

Too bad he couldn't win the match, but at least he is playing again.
Good for you guys who were there. Must have been great to see him on the field!
martine2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 01:57 AM   #38
country flag Caio_Brasil

Caio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond repute

I was there at the stands, it was such a nice experience watching those backhand winners and specially the atmosphere was amazing. Those people love Gastón, he is definetely thei favourite player because of all he has achieved and his grreat charisma. I was very excited of being part of that and singing together with the Argie crowd.

Some guy shouted "No hay que demonstrar nada Gastón, eres el mejor" which syas what all the crowd thinks. It was also great seeing him destroying the racket and shouting that typical AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I was also near of taking a picture with him the day before, but it was such a rush with so many people around him and my father pressed the on/off button of the camera instead of the one to take the picture

GWH, the empanadas and the choripan full of chimichurri are amomg the best Bs As stuffs.
Caio_Brasil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 02:21 AM   #39
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Great to read the first hand exeprience of people that were there and enjoyed the experience.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 02-19-2009, 02:24 AM   #40
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the vivid report, Caio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caio_Brasil View Post
"No hay que demonstrar nada ..."
That should be the attitude towards our loved ones anyway...
Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:48 PM   #41
country flag Vale

Vale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caio_Brasil View Post
I was there at the stands, it was such a nice experience watching those backhand winners and specially the atmosphere was amazing. Those people love Gastón, he is definetely thei favourite player because of all he has achieved and his grreat charisma. I was very excited of being part of that and singing together with the Argie crowd.

Some guy shouted "No hay que demonstrar nada Gastón, eres el mejor" which syas what all the crowd thinks.
What a great experience, Caio, to be there for Gastón´s comeback! Thanks for telling us!
Vale is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 07:50 PM   #42
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Santiago, Chile

Main Draw

Leonardo Mayer ARG [1] vs. Q
Andre Miele BRA vs. Juan-Pablo Brzezicki ARG
Q vs. Guillermo Rivera-Aranguiz CHI [WC]
Caio Zampieri BRA vs. Sebastian Decoud ARG [7]

Horacio Zeballos ARG [4] vs. Mariano Zabaleta ARG
Juan-Pablo Guzman ARG vs. Gaston Gaudio ARG [WC]
Marcel Felder URU vs. Jose De Armas VEN
Julio Silva BRA vs. Mariano Puerta ARG [8]

Franco Ferreiro BRA [5] vs. Q
Victor Estrella DOM vs. Juan-Martin Aranguren ARG
Juan-Pablo Amado ARG vs. Q
Rogerio Dutra da Silva BRA vs. Sergio Roitman ARG [3]

Ricardo Hocevar BRA [6] vs. Guillermo Hormazabal CHI [WC]
Diego Alvarez ARG vs. Hans Podlipnik CHI [WC]
João Souza BRA vs. Luka Gregorc SLO
Riccardo Ghedin ITA vs. Maximo Gonzalez ARG [2]
Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 08:07 PM   #43
country flag Vale

Vale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Getta!

I wonder what the future will bring...? Among Argentine players we have two opposite examples: Cañas made an amazing comeback, whereas Puerta never could recover his form. I´m hoping that Gastón´s determination will give him the strength to get back at least into the top 100 this year, which is the goal he´s set himself.
Vale is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 03:45 AM   #44
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Gaston playing Guzman, another player who has had long term injury problems, just happy to see him on the court, he needs to get the match practice.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 03-08-2009, 08:01 PM   #45
country flag martine2
yawn

martine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gas, gas, gas, ton, ton, ton,Gas, gas, gas, ton, ton, ton, viva Gaston Thread

Vamos Gato!! Keeping my fingers crossed for his comeback
Hope it works out for him because it's so good that he's playing again!
martine2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote