Wilson Kobra Tour 100/Kobra Team FX - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-10-2009, 11:11 AM   #1
country flag ilendl

ilendl ilendl ilendl ilendl ilendl ilendl ilendl ilendl ilendl ilendl ilendl
Smile Wilson Kobra Tour 100/Kobra Team FX

Hi guys,

Does anyone know anything about these racquets?

I'm wondering if anyone has them or has tested them and what standard of player they might suit.

In fact I'm interested in anyhing anyone can tell me about them.

Thanks in advance.
ilendl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2009, 01:35 PM   #2
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wilson Kobra Tour 100/Kobra Team FX

i doubt if anyone has tested them yet as they are hardly available anywhere. the kobra tour is wilson's answer to the babolat aero pro drive, except its heavier. despite its weight it should be a relatively powerful frame as it has a pretty thick beam. it would suit an intermediate player who has good control over their shots, but wants more pop. the kobra team fx is basically the same but with wilson's new quad shaft technology which makes it more stable. to be honest, i think wilson are being a bit stupid with these two frames; they are also identical and will certainly confuse people
jazar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 05:12 PM   #3
country flag ilendl

Hi jazar, the man with all the answers as usual.

Can I ask firstly what the babolat aero pro drive is like and who and what is it suited for/to.

Secondly, why is Wilson being stupid with these racquets? Do you have an opinion on them yet and if not can you let me/us know when you do.

Thanks again for your time mate .. cheers.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:33 PM   #4
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute

the aero pro drive is a racket that gives a balance between power and control. it suits people who hit with a lot of topspin and gives a little more control than the pure drive, which has the same specs. i'm not a fan of it; for me its too light and lacks a little control.

wilson have been stupid with quite a lot of their rackets recently. i feel they are launching too many rackets too often and a lot of their rackets seem to be very similar so they are cannibalising each models sales. the kobra tour and kobra team fx have almost identical specs, with the only discernible difference being the team fx is supposedly more stable.

i havent had chance to hit with either of them yet as they havent come to the uk; i dont know when they are coming but i expect i'll be one of the first to hit with them when they do. however, i doubt i'll like them that much. i guess i'll prefer the kobra tour as according to the specs its slightly more flexible and has less technology. i dont think they will sell well either; people will stick to the aero pro drive
Old 02-11-2009, 12:36 AM   #5
country flag ilendl

jazar: Hi mate. Can i ask a few questions please.

Do you prefer the K Blade 98 over the Babolats you mentioned? Why/why not?

What do you think of the K Blade 98 and how would you rank it in comparision with other racquets?

What do you think of the K Blade Team? How does it compare with the 98 and how would you rank in in comparison with other racquets? Which is better for an intermediate player looking to improve?

Thanks in advance for your always interesting replies. Cheers.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:35 AM   #6
country flag jazar

i much prefer the kblade over the babolats; it is a more control oriented frame and a more all round frame, i.e. good everywhere. the babolats frames are stiff, baseline bashers frames, of which i am not a fan.

in comparison with the other frames out there of similar spec (same headsize and weight), the blade is my second favorite. i prefer the head microgel radical, but only because i prefer more flexible frames. i still rate the blade very highly as do many other people, as it has been one of the best selling frames of the past year.

the k blade team is a rarity for wilson in that is is a flexible frame; wilson are famed for making the stiffest frames. in comparison to the 98 it is easier to use. this is because it has a larger headsize and is lighter. because it is a very flexible frame you still get nice good and it also has lots of feel. for an intermediate player who is happy with their standard the blade team is great, providing a mixture of power, control and feel. for an intermediate looking to improve, the 98 is better as the smaller headsize and heavier weight are going to force you to improve your timing and swingspeed.

basically with the blade range, the k blade tour is for advanced players. the k blade is an easer to use version of the tour and the k blade team is an easier to use version of the k blade.

Last edited by jazar : 02-11-2009 at 07:50 AM.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:50 AM   #7
country flag ilendl

jazar: Thanks so much for that rundown. Exactly what I wanted to know. You are a legend - thanks for taking the time. Much appreciated. Cheers.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:52 AM   #8
country flag ilendl

jazar: If you don't mind I'll check back with you to see if you've had a chance to hit with the Kobras.
Very interested in your thoughts. Cheers.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:26 PM   #9
country flag jazar

i'll let you know when i've hit with the kobras. i have no idea when they will be available to me though
Old 02-11-2009, 03:11 PM   #10
country flag ilendl

jazar: Looking forward to it and thanks again for the info, gives me great confidence.

Secondly can I ask "the tartan twat"? Murray?

If so, why?

If not who?

Cheers.
Old 02-11-2009, 06:08 PM   #11
country flag jazar

yeah, thats right. i just cant stand him; everything about him annoys me
Old 02-11-2009, 10:20 PM   #12
country flag ilendl

jazar: You've got that dead right - he's one of the most arrogant players around. The words "spoiled brat" comes to mind.
Cheers.