San Jose exho: Tommy Haas def. Pete Sampras 7-6(4), 4-6, 12-10 - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-10-2009, 04:25 AM   #16
country flag Tankman

Tankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: San Jose exho: Tommy Haas def. Pete Sampras 7-6(4), 4-6, 12-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
The match was chagned and also, betting on exhos is weird.
chagned is not a word unless you recently became editor of the Oxford/Webster's Dictionary

having said that, well yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkMage View Post
If I had blown 87k, I would have had 800k so I wouldn't have needed 13k to get to 800k.

fine then

but still no vcash for you

Tennis Tipping 2013
Doubles (275): W
Zagreb FU (w/Papillon.)
Tankman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2009, 04:26 AM   #17
country flag *bunny*

*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute

That was a really fun exho!
Both guys were smiling and having fun while showing all the weapons in their arsenary, complete with Pete's jumping smash and Haas' BH dtl passing shot.
Pete can still serve constantly at over 120 mph, sometimes well over 130. His second service winner late in the second set was 123 mph!
In the match TB, Pete first led 5-2 but then threw two DF. Haas had his share of UE too. It was touch and go and at Pete's MP, 9-8* with Haas serving, Pete's Nike trainer came off while he was approaching to the net! So Nike owes him this match!! In the end, Haas won but that was a really enjoyable exho.
But Pete has changed. Who could imagine him even in an exho high fiving with the crowd after winning a spectacular point and going on to sit in the front row and eat popcorn?

Also supporting Rafael Nadal, Kei Nishikori, Lleyton Hewitt
David Ferrer, Andy Murray, Juan Martin Del Potro, Nikolay Davydenko, David Nalbandian
Goran Ivanisevic and Marat Safin
#3 Ferrero Tard
*bunny* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 04:27 AM   #18
country flag Tankman

Tankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *bunny* View Post
That was a really fun exho!
Both guys were smiling and having fun while showing all the weapons in their arsenary, complete with Pete's jumping smash and Haas' BH dtl passing shot.
Pete can still serve constantly at over 120 mph, sometimes well over 130. His second service winner late in the second set was 123 mph!
In the match TB, Pete first led 5-2 but then threw two DF. Haas had his share of UE too. It was touch and go and at Pete's MP, 9-8* with Haas serving, Pete's Nike trainer came off while he was approaching to the net! So Nike owes him this match!! In the end, Haas won but that was a really enjoyable exho.
But Pete has changed. Who could imagine him even in an exho high fiving with the crowd after winning a spectacular point and going on to sit in the front row and eat popcorn?

lucky bum

well if this is what Pete is like when he's paying 0% attn... imagine what he'll be like when he's paying 100% attn

Tennis Tipping 2013
Zagreb FU (w/Papillon.)
Old 02-10-2009, 04:29 AM   #19
country flag LinkMage

LinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankman View Post

fine then

but still no vcash for you

Just trying to correct your mistake.

Ok.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:30 AM   #20
country flag Tankman

Quote:
Just trying to correct your mistake.

Ok.
lol ok
considering you were one of the first victims of my wild rampage thats fine

well you do have 887k vcash

and I gave you 6k of that

so even w/o that 881k >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 29k

Tennis Tipping 2013
Zagreb FU (w/Papillon.)
Old 02-10-2009, 04:34 AM   #21
country flag LinkMage

LinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond repute

Well, then I'll have to put it all on Monfils to beat some Swiss mug so I can reach my goal. Or I could do it by putting it all on Murray to beat Ljubo.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:39 AM   #22
country flag Tankman

ok then... what if you lose?

the only time I ever bet on anything was when I put 50 credits on Hewitt and 50 credits on Australia to win its DC tie against Belgium. Needless to say I failed on both counts and have refrained largely from betting since

Tennis Tipping 2013
Zagreb FU (w/Papillon.)
Old 02-10-2009, 04:42 AM   #23
country flag Kolya

Kolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond repute

Haas what a joke.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:49 AM   #24
country flag LinkMage

Quote:

ok then... what if you lose?

I would be very upset. That's why I haven't put any cash yet. I could have had 1M right now if Jonathan had got my order to put 100k on Nadull in the AO final. My fault for being an idiot and not sending him a PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:49 AM   #25
country flag Roddickominator

Roddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond repute

Pete was obviously just dicking around here with Robredo. Strategic tank for Wimbledon.
Roddickominator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 04:51 AM   #26
country flag Tankman

Quote:
I would be very upset. That's why I haven't put any cash yet. I could have had 1M right now if Jonathan had got my order to put 100k on Nadull in the AO final. My fault for being an idiot and not sending him a PM.

well good luck with that

Tennis Tipping 2013
Zagreb FU (w/Papillon.)
Old 02-10-2009, 04:59 AM   #27
country flag LinkMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roddickominator View Post
Pete was obviously just dicking around here with Robredo. Strategic tank for Wimbledon.
What has Boredo got to do with anything here?

Quote:

well good luck with that
If you don't bet what do you want the cash for?
Old 02-10-2009, 05:00 AM   #28
country flag Tankman

well

TT and good posters

and of course to give to you if I feel like it

Tennis Tipping 2013
Zagreb FU (w/Papillon.)
Old 02-10-2009, 05:02 AM   #29
country flag philosophicalarf

philosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond repute

12-10 in the final set? Come on, they could at least pretend to take it semi seriously, and not blatantly extend the match for as long as possible. It may only be an exho, but reducing it to the level of "pro" wrestling doesn't do tennis any favours.

Besides Haas knows his H2H versus Sampras holds up: 3-1 in competitive matches since he turned 20.
philosophicalarf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 05:05 AM   #30
country flag Tankman

I know

oh dear Sampras

Tennis Tipping 2013
Zagreb FU (w/Papillon.)