John "the Mailman" Millman Cheering Thread - Page 15 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-20-2010, 10:56 AM   #211
country flag Matchu

Matchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: John "the Mailman" Millman Cheering Thread

Johnny takes out his second futures title this year with a 6-0 6-1 victory in Darwin. Could be an indication of how badly John wants to make it as a pro tennis player to give that much effort in the final. He'll look to back up this week in Alice Springs as the number 1 seed again, if Johnny backs up in Alice Springs he'll move to around 220 in the world in two weeks and be only around 30 points shy of the top 200.

I'd really like to see John win in Alice Springs as well because I think he will definitely keep playing once he gets to a ranking of around 200. After Alice Springs John is taking a week off and then heading to the US to play in three consecutive challenger and after that I presume he will return to Australia to play the remaining futures or play a couple of challengers in Asia, or both.

I think John has struggled to make the jump to the challenger level but seems extremely capable to perform on the futures circuit. Hopefully Johnny ends up playing challengers exclusively next year.
Matchu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2010, 11:27 AM   #212
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Always the rankings talk Matchu.

Johnny will be off playing the American challengers after these 2 Futures events which he is using as match practice. He has had tendonitis and shin splint issues.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 06:51 PM   #213
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

johny rules

Jerzy Janowicz/Bernard the aTomic /Thanasi Kokkinakis/Kei Nishikori

John Millman / Javier Martí/Taro Daniel-Jules Marie-Josh Milton

Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Henri Laaksonen- Attila Balazs- Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Marcus Willis-Kristijan Mesaros-Brydan Klein-Chris Rungkat-Piotr Gadomski-Hugo Nys-Pol Toledo
www.tennisalternative.com
Sombrerero loco is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:53 PM   #214
country flag Daniel.

Daniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Always the rankings talk Matchu.

Johnny will be off playing the American challengers after these 2 Futures events which he is using as match practice. He has had tendonitis and shin splint issues.
Dude, would you just drop it?! If Matchu wants to calculate and discuss rankings then who do u think u r to constantly criticise him for it??
Rankings are an extremely important aspect of tennis, as that is your standing in the game and your ability to enter tournaments. They show form and improvement and allow a player to set goals to achieve.

I for one, enjoy having someone else calculate rankings after good results so I don't have to myself.

I enjoy your posts as well, as they are always very analytical and educated, especially on Luczak and Millman. But far out I'm sick of your whinging when Matchu wishes to make mention of rankings!
Daniel. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:06 AM   #215
country flag Matchu

Matchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel. View Post
Dude, would you just drop it?! If Matchu wants to calculate and discuss rankings then who do u think u r to constantly criticise him for it??
Rankings are an extremely important aspect of tennis, as that is your standing in the game and your ability to enter tournaments. They show form and improvement and allow a player to set goals to achieve.
Well even more so in this thread because John came out and said towards the end of last year and stated that if his ranking does not coninue to improve he will quit tennis. I think making ranking calculations and predictions in this thread is much more important than any other thread I have done it in because if John doesn't move up this thread will die and people will say why did Johnny quit?

I just hope he keeps playing because I have seen him play live a couple of times and he is very talented he just needs to hone his game and tweak it a little to make it at the challenger level next season and then progress to ATPs.
Matchu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:12 AM   #216
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I for one, enjoy having someone else calculate rankings after good results so I don't have to myself.

I enjoy your posts as well, as they are always very analytical and educated, especially on Luczak and Millman. But far out I'm sick of your whinging when Matchu wishes to make mention of rankings!
I am sick of rankings talk all of the time, that is why. If anything there should be a specific rankings thread on the Aussie players all in one tracking their progress, what they have to defend, progressions and regressions.

No shit they are important, but Millman, Luczak and all the other players know what they need to do to improve their rankings. If they win matches, then the ranking looks after itself, if they don't, then that reflects that, it's not hard.

John has a lot to improve on, has to get stronger and fitter. He has a good work ethic, also is a bit defensive at times when he needs to accelerate through the ball.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 09-21-2010, 08:48 AM   #217
country flag Audacity

Audacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond repute

As long as John keeps improving his game, his ranking is going to climb. I am sure John's top priority is to improve his game, he knows that results will follow, thus improving his ranking. We all know that. There should be more talk about the game itself rather than 'just' rankings talk all the time.
Audacity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:59 AM   #218
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Rafter made some comments about the younger players needing to harden up and he's right. I think it would have been good for John to play the Sth.American events he'd harden up very quickly. Yes, there are many improvements to his game that are needed.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1

Last edited by Action Jackson : 09-21-2010 at 09:10 AM.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:44 AM   #219
country flag Audacity

Audacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Rafter made some comments about the younger players needing to harden up and he's right. I think it would have been good for John to play the Sth.American events he'd harden up very quickly. Yes, there are many improvements to his game that are needed.
Yeah, on that; during the USO one of the Aussie commentators mentioned Ball should do some boxing or something to 'harden up'. Players like him could benefit having a bit of fire and grit in their games. To me, these young Aussies seem like too much of a 'nice guy' on court if you know what I mean...
Old 09-21-2010, 10:17 AM   #220
country flag Hewitt =Legend

Hewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audacity View Post
Yeah, on that; during the USO one of the Aussie commentators mentioned Ball should do some boxing or something to 'harden up'. Players like him could benefit having a bit of fire and grit in their games. To me, these young Aussies seem like too much of a 'nice guy' on court if you know what I mean...
Except Matosevic

Yeah our boys could fire up a bit more but that does come from the start, it can't really be taught unless its already there. All in all I think Johnny has improved this year and thats all you can ask for at this stage really. Hope he does well in the upcoming challengers and the wildcard playoff.

Ol' Rusty Hewitt - Keeping me moist since 1998.

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Hewitt =Legend is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:19 AM   #221
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Johnny has improved, would be good if he could have a year without too many problems. He does fight hard on the court and that's all one can ask.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 09-21-2010, 10:00 PM   #222
country flag RustyOz

RustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt =Legend View Post
Except Matosevic

Yeah our boys could fire up a bit more but that does come from the start, it can't really be taught unless its already there. All in all I think Johnny has improved this year and thats all you can ask for at this stage really. Hope he does well in the upcoming challengers and the wildcard playoff.
and Klein...
RustyOz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:04 PM   #223
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

and mitchell

Jerzy Janowicz/Bernard the aTomic /Thanasi Kokkinakis/Kei Nishikori

John Millman / Javier Martí/Taro Daniel-Jules Marie-Josh Milton

Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Henri Laaksonen- Attila Balazs- Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Marcus Willis-Kristijan Mesaros-Brydan Klein-Chris Rungkat-Piotr Gadomski-Hugo Nys-Pol Toledo
www.tennisalternative.com
Sombrerero loco is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:51 PM   #224
country flag Daniel.

Daniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audacity View Post
As long as John keeps improving his game, his ranking is going to climb. I am sure John's top priority is to improve his game, he knows that results will follow, thus improving his ranking. We all know that. There should be more talk about the game itself rather than 'just' rankings talk all the time.
What a ridiculous thing to say..?! It's absolutely incorrect that its "just rankings talk all the time". Matchu mentions this on occasion and Action Jackson will bully him by criticising him for it when its a completely valid topic and an interesting one to bring up.

Lets stop this debate. I don't even post on this site much but I do read it. I just wanted to lend my support to Matchu because I feel this guy has been treated disrespectfully.
Daniel. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:07 AM   #225
country flag Audacity

Quote:
What a ridiculous thing to say..?! It's absolutely incorrect that its "just rankings talk all the time". Matchu mentions this on occasion and Action Jackson will bully him by criticising him for it when its a completely valid topic and an interesting one to bring up.

Lets stop this debate. I don't even post on this site much but I do read it. I just wanted to lend my support to Matchu because I feel this guy has been treated disrespectfully.
It's not a ridiculous thing to say when some people on this forum are never to be seen when a player is losing or injured, but as soon as they have a good tournament the bandwagon arrives to obsess about rankings. For me, it is more important to support a player who is injured or having a down time than worry about where he will be ranked after a win or a loss. As has been stated before, the player wins, the ranking goes up, he loses, the ranking goes down.

Last edited by Audacity : 09-22-2010 at 04:12 AM.