New Racket Help - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-07-2009, 04:36 PM   #1
country flag dms987

dms987 is on a distinguished road
Default New Racket Help

I'm 17 and around level 3.5/4 player. I am looking to change my racket from a Dunlop 300G MidPlus. I am baseliner with a long swing and I can produce my own power so looking for a racket that will provide me with control over my shots. I prefer using a racket that has a headsize between 95 to 100 sq inches.

I have been looking at the Head Microgel Radical MP and the Dunlop 4D Aerogel range (200/300/500).

What are your thoughts on these rackets and are there any other frames you feel I should consider?

Thank You
dms987 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2009, 05:02 PM   #2
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Racket Help

the microgel radical is very similar spec wise to what you are currently using. it will provide more control due to its denser string pattern and lower flex. if you are wanting more control than what you have then the radical, aerogel 4d 300 and 4d 500 are rackets you shouldnt really consider, as they are too similar to what you have. they are light players rackets, i.e. they give a balance between power and control. in fact, the aerogel 4d 500 will be more powerful than what you have.

the aerogel 4d 200 would be a better option. there are 2 versions, the only one currently available in the uk is the heavier 322.5g version. that will certainly give you more control over your shots. other similar rackets that fit the bill of what you are looking for are wilson k61 95, wilson kpro tour, head mg prestige mp, head mg radical pro, tecnifibre tflash 315, babolat aerostorm, babolat pure storm limited. those rackets are players rackets, i.e. rackets that make you produce the power and would be better options for you to consider
jazar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote