Tennis Tipping Rules & Questions - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-23-2011, 07:47 PM   #136
country flag Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping FAQ/Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthisnick View Post
someone should explain Goldenoldie what is the goal of this game, because he seems to have no clue
That seems a little harsh, no need to insult the guy because of his decision or opinion, he does a lot to help the game and no one will agree 100% of the time with everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2011, 08:10 PM   #137
country flag Taz Warrior

Taz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond repute

Yes there's no need for comments like that just because you disagree with his opinion...
Taz Warrior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:19 PM   #138
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the goal of this game was for all involved to enjoy some friendly competition around tennis with clearly defined rules and procedures to enable that to happen with a minimum of fuss.

Perhaps I misunderstood
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:31 PM   #139
country flag stealthisnick

stealthisnick has a reputation beyond reputestealthisnick has a reputation beyond reputestealthisnick has a reputation beyond reputestealthisnick has a reputation beyond reputestealthisnick has a reputation beyond reputestealthisnick has a reputation beyond reputestealthisnick has a reputation beyond reputestealthisnick has a reputation beyond reputestealthisnick has a reputation beyond reputestealthisnick has a reputation beyond reputestealthisnick has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't intend to insult anyone and I apologize if he felt offended
in my opinion I was just stating the obvious
we are forced to randomly choose between 40yo and 12yo Reunion players for no reason at all
I thought the goal of the game was having fun
where is the fun in flipping a coin?

Tennis Tipping Doubles
W: San Marino CH 07 (with Salum) , Tampere CH 08 (with Overlord) , Samarkand CH 08 (with Kielian) , Seville CH 08 (with Filipo) , St Brieuc CH 09 (with stbanchile) ,
Ostrava CH 09 (with ghan) , San Marino CH 09 (with lukela85) , Lyon 09 (with Overlord) , Yokohama CH 09 (with Boarder35m) , Sunrise CH 10 (with Boarder35m),
St. Petersburg 10 (with Overlord), Johannesburg 11 (with Gallina)
stealthisnick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:49 PM   #140
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest, that's mostly what you have to do in challenger quallies anyway - pick between the world number 963 and the world number 1425 when the only match history is a loss about 5 months ago to somebody unranked - I mean, it's not like in a lot of these matches there's a lot of info to base a decision on, you flip a coin. But the more matches you have to pick from, the better.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 12:00 AM   #141
country flag Goldenoldie

Goldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthisnick View Post
I didn't intend to insult anyone and I apologize if he felt offended
in my opinion I was just stating the obvious
we are forced to randomly choose between 40yo and 12yo Reunion players for no reason at all
I thought the goal of the game was having fun
where is the fun in flipping a coin?
I'm not insulted or offended - you have your opinion and I have mine.
If you feel strongly about not picking between players you have never heard of, bring it up next December and it can be put to the vote. However I wonder where you would draw the line. The example given by scoobs is very common.

From reading the TT history it seems that Challenger tournaments were introduced because there were too many players to all get in the ATP tournaments. This year we have had Sheffield Futures because there was no Challenger that week.

The trend is towards getting to know about more players, and I think that is good. Even Nadal and Federer played challengers at the start of their careers, when they were unknown.

Ok, I admit Reunion is extreme, and I admit there is a difference between a promising youngster and a middle-aged guy who is just making up the numbers, but unless you do the research you can't know.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:52 AM   #142
country flag stealthisnick

stealthisnick has a reputation beyond reputestealthisnick has a reputation beyond reputestealthisnick has a reputation beyond reputestealthisnick has a reputation beyond reputestealthisnick has a reputation beyond reputestealthisnick has a reputation beyond reputestealthisnick has a reputation beyond reputestealthisnick has a reputation beyond reputestealthisnick has a reputation beyond reputestealthisnick has a reputation beyond reputestealthisnick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenoldie View Post
I'm not insulted or offended - you have your opinion and I have mine.
If you feel strongly about not picking between players you have never heard of, bring it up next December and it can be put to the vote. However I wonder where you would draw the line. The example given by scoobs is very common.

From reading the TT history it seems that Challenger tournaments were introduced because there were too many players to all get in the ATP tournaments. This year we have had Sheffield Futures because there was no Challenger that week.

The trend is towards getting to know about more players, and I think that is good. Even Nadal and Federer played challengers at the start of their careers, when they were unknown.

Ok, I admit Reunion is extreme, and I admit there is a difference between a promising youngster and a middle-aged guy who is just making up the numbers, but unless you do the research you can't know.

you are still totally missing the point, that is not picking on player we have never heard of
the point is that tennis matches between local players of a Reunion Island tennis club have been used without necessity
qualification matches are normally used in TT challenger first day when there is lack of main draw matches
a common case is that on monday there are 3 or 4 main draw matches, so last round qualies are used to have enough matches to pick for a single day first round TT singles
this was not the case, this was a challenger with tuesday start (like all the others this week) so there was no need to start on monday to have a two days TT first round, with qualies used as first day pick
given the absurd local players involved in qualies, the decision makes clearly no sense
and you can easily tell that by the fact that at least two TT players that are facing each other on 1st round singles agreed on picking the same players with the same SRs to avoid differences based on a flipped coin decision

Tennis Tipping Doubles
W: San Marino CH 07 (with Salum) , Tampere CH 08 (with Overlord) , Samarkand CH 08 (with Kielian) , Seville CH 08 (with Filipo) , St Brieuc CH 09 (with stbanchile) ,
Ostrava CH 09 (with ghan) , San Marino CH 09 (with lukela85) , Lyon 09 (with Overlord) , Yokohama CH 09 (with Boarder35m) , Sunrise CH 10 (with Boarder35m),
St. Petersburg 10 (with Overlord), Johannesburg 11 (with Gallina)
stealthisnick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:40 PM   #143
country flag Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
To be honest, that's mostly what you have to do in challenger quallies anyway - pick between the world number 963 and the world number 1425 when the only match history is a loss about 5 months ago to somebody unranked - I mean, it's not like in a lot of these matches there's a lot of info to base a decision on, you flip a coin. But the more matches you have to pick from, the better.
Its challenger maindraw, not qualies.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:37 PM   #144
country flag abollo
Tennis Player

abollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond repute

hi
I've got a question
when a match ends in retirment the SR doesn't count, right?
What if the match ends by w/o
Old 01-27-2011, 04:41 PM   #145
country flag Holmzy

Holmzy has a reputation beyond reputeHolmzy has a reputation beyond reputeHolmzy has a reputation beyond reputeHolmzy has a reputation beyond reputeHolmzy has a reputation beyond reputeHolmzy has a reputation beyond reputeHolmzy has a reputation beyond reputeHolmzy has a reputation beyond reputeHolmzy has a reputation beyond reputeHolmzy has a reputation beyond reputeHolmzy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abollo View Post
hi
I've got a question
Hi Abollo, that was what i was thinking. I dont think the SR counts when its W/O
Holmzy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:42 PM   #146
country flag Taz Warrior

Taz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abollo View Post
hi
I've got a question
When a match ends in retirement the SR doesn't count but the winner does.
If a match is a WO then that match doesn't count at all.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:24 PM   #147
country flag sdtoot

sdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond repute

I have a question:-

In a 2 day First Round, if a player fails to send in picks on Day 1 but is not replaced by an ALT/LL, then can this same player send in picks for Day 2 or does his/her opponent receive a Walkover after Day 1?

I think the correct answer is that the player can send in picks for Day 2 and no walkover, but I would like confirmation of this issue asap.

Thanks in advance
sdtoot
sdtoot is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 02:35 PM   #148
country flag Taz Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdtoot View Post
I have a question:-

In a 2 day First Round, if a player fails to send in picks on Day 1 but is not replaced by an ALT/LL, then can this same player send in picks for Day 2 or does his/her opponent receive a Walkover after Day 1?

I think the correct answer is that the player can send in picks for Day 2 and no walkover, but I would like confirmation of this issue asap.

Thanks in advance
sdtoot
Yes, that's right
Old 01-31-2011, 04:04 PM   #149
country flag sdtoot

sdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavnich77 View Post
Yes, that's right
Cheers Gav.
sdtoot is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:46 AM   #150
country flag Leo Costa

Leo Costa has a reputation beyond reputeLeo Costa has a reputation beyond reputeLeo Costa has a reputation beyond reputeLeo Costa has a reputation beyond reputeLeo Costa has a reputation beyond reputeLeo Costa has a reputation beyond reputeLeo Costa has a reputation beyond reputeLeo Costa has a reputation beyond reputeLeo Costa has a reputation beyond reputeLeo Costa has a reputation beyond reputeLeo Costa has a reputation beyond repute

What is the difference among the challengers a, b, c and d?
Leo Costa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote