K Blade 98 or K Blade Tour - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-06-2009, 11:27 AM   #1
country flag ilendl

ilendl ilendl ilendl ilendl ilendl ilendl ilendl ilendl ilendl ilendl ilendl
Smile K Blade 98 or K Blade Tour

Guys,

Can I get your thoughts on these please.

It's been suggested to me that the Tour isn't overly powerful and its emphasis is on control.

Is that correct?

Which would make the better choice for an intermediate player hoping to become a little better and a racquet to "grow" with me.

This is, is control what I am looking for rather than power?

If anyone can compare and contrast these for me I'd be very grateful.

Many thanks.
ilendl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2009, 05:10 PM   #2
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K Blade 98 or K Blade Tour

the k blade tour is a racket that gives you nothing in the power department; you have to put in all the work yourself. its a racket for an advanced player, not a racket for someone looking to improve.

the k blade 98 is an easier racket to use. it still gives more control than power, but unlike the tour it will still give you a little help there. its a more comfortable racket and a better choice if you are looking to improve
jazar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:22 PM   #3
country flag ilendl

Jazar<

Thanks mate, just what I needed to know. Perfect. Will give the 98 a crack. Cheers.

PS If the "tartan twat" to which you refer is Andy Murray I kinda agree with you.

Thanks again.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:40 AM   #4
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

I use the KBlade 98. It's a lovely racket. I'd only like a smaller head size.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 05:04 AM   #5
country flag ilendl

GlennMirnyi: Thanks very much for taking the time to reply. I can use all the feedback I can get.
The impression I'm getting is that it's a terrific stick and a better bet for me than the Tour.
Cheers.
Old 02-07-2009, 03:29 PM   #6
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't used the "Tour" version. I took the KBlade 98 because of my shoulder (I used a stiffer racket before) and I learned to like it. Considering your original post, it's way better for you than the Tour.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 05:24 PM   #7
country flag mdtree

mdtree is on a distinguished road

hello, i'm an intermediate player, i want to change my old Head for an Wilson K Blade 98, but i ask myself if it will improve my game?
or it's only for advanced players?
thanks
mdtree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 06:03 PM   #8
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdtree View Post
hello, i'm an intermediate player, i want to change my old Head for an Wilson K Blade 98, but i ask myself if it will improve my game?
or it's only for advanced players?
thanks
that very much depends on which old head racket you are using
Old 02-08-2009, 06:21 AM   #9
country flag mdtree

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazar View Post
that very much depends on which old head racket you are using
head tornado 660...
Old 02-08-2009, 07:50 AM   #10
country flag jazar

Quote:
head tornado 660...
the blade is a smaller head size and heavier, so it'll be a little harder to use but will give you greater control over your shots. its not a racket thats only for advanced players; most of the people that buy are intermediate players who are looking for something that will help them improve
Old 02-08-2009, 10:41 AM   #11
country flag mdtree

Quote:
the blade is a smaller head size and heavier, so it'll be a little harder to use but will give you greater control over your shots. its not a racket thats only for advanced players; most of the people that buy are intermediate players who are looking for something that will help them improve
i don't even know head tornado 660 specifications(Head Size, Weight, String Pattern) to compare to other racquets..
i liked Wilson k blade 98 , Babolat AeroPro Drive Cortex and Head Microgel Prestige Pro, but i think the first one it's the better choice for me, cause the next two are more for pro players? am i wrong?
could you help me?
thanks.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:46 AM   #12
country flag jazar

the prestige pro is more for better players as it is quite a bit heavier than the other two. the babolat aeropro drive is similar to the kblade, but is actually slightly easier to use and more powerful than the kblade, as it has a larger headsize and is lighter. if you are looking for more control and a racket to help you improve more then the kblade would be a better option than the aeropro drive
Old 02-08-2009, 01:28 PM   #13
country flag mdtree

Quote:
the prestige pro is more for better players as it is quite a bit heavier than the other two. the babolat aeropro drive is similar to the kblade, but is actually slightly easier to use and more powerful than the kblade, as it has a larger headsize and is lighter. if you are looking for more control and a racket to help you improve more then the kblade would be a better option than the aeropro drive
thanks

p.s. : which strings should i choose for the k blade?
Old 02-08-2009, 02:46 PM   #14
country flag jazar

Quote:
thanks

p.s. : which strings should i choose for the k blade?
at first you would probably want to go for a nice, soft multifilament string, which will give you comfort,a little more power and will help with the transition to a racket which gives you less power
Old 02-08-2009, 04:01 PM   #15
country flag ilendl

jazar: Thanks again mate for your advice, your knowledge is very much appreciated. I bought a 98. Thanks.