Im feeling a bit lost as a Federer Fan at the moment - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-05-2009, 10:41 PM   #1
cool bird1

cool bird1 has a reputation beyond reputecool bird1 has a reputation beyond reputecool bird1 has a reputation beyond reputecool bird1 has a reputation beyond reputecool bird1 has a reputation beyond reputecool bird1 has a reputation beyond reputecool bird1 has a reputation beyond reputecool bird1 has a reputation beyond reputecool bird1 has a reputation beyond reputecool bird1 has a reputation beyond reputecool bird1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Im feeling a bit lost as a Federer Fan at the moment

I dont know what to say to defend him anymore. This is going to sound so stupid and everyone will most probley jump on me here but I feel so disapointed in him and for some reason that wont go away. After the wimbledon final I was so upset it brought me down for days but I was so proud of Roger and to be a Federer Fan.

But after watching him lose to Murry where he just tanked the last two sets and then the AO final where mental he just disapeared.

To be honest I feel like I will never see roger play for a Grandslam ever agin that his chance is gone. He will never win the french, He can't beat Nadal or Murry. To be honest sometimes I feel like Im watching Roger Federer post 2003 wimledon but time is not on his side

ROGER FEDERER
17 GRANDSLAMS AND COUNTING 1 DOUBLES GOLD MEDAL YOU ARE A GOD WHO WALKS WITH MORTALS

RAFA THE KING OF CLAY AND KING OF HEARTS
cool bird1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2009, 06:55 AM   #2
country flag Aj89

Aj89 has a reputation beyond reputeAj89 has a reputation beyond reputeAj89 has a reputation beyond reputeAj89 has a reputation beyond reputeAj89 has a reputation beyond reputeAj89 has a reputation beyond reputeAj89 has a reputation beyond reputeAj89 has a reputation beyond reputeAj89 has a reputation beyond reputeAj89 has a reputation beyond reputeAj89 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Im feeling a bit lost as a Federer Fan at the moment

Yeah I know how you feel. I think it's cos everyone time we watch him now we probably can't help but think that the Jesusfed of 05 and 06 wouldn't be finding this so hard. But mark my words if he does get just that one more grandslam for no. 14, a huge burden will be lifted and I think his game will become much more fluent... hopefully.
Aj89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 08:39 AM   #3
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

Why are you so lost? Trust me based on Fed's form in AO he would have beaten that overrated Murray in straights. Be happy, that Forehand is back with a vengeance!! Fed can trust his weapons, and his mentality against 98% of the players, but when it comes to Nadal it all changes. But a feeling tells me Rog will not give up that easily next time, and neither do we- have some patience. Are you seriously telling me that Fed can't reach 14????!!!! Sampras took so long to reach 14 and Fed has nearly done that in half his time. I can see our Rog taking both Wimby and USO this year- then mission would be accomplished. Champions are known for their incredible comebacks and their ability to silence critics with a bang. Just try to avoid that useless GM which is full of losers thinking they know it all. Seriously that place is full of rubbish.

Have some faith, stop looking backwards and just remember why you love this guy in the first place. Critics and armchair losers can talk all they want, but for me its a privilege to be his fan not because of just all that he has accomplished, but also because there is no one like him, and I mean no one. I think Rogi deserves more respect from tennis fans, let alone his own Fedfans.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:59 AM   #4
country flag biological

biological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityfed View Post
Why are you so lost? Trust me based on Fed's form in AO he would have beaten that overrated Murray in straights. Be happy, that Forehand is back with a vengeance!! Fed can trust his weapons, and his mentality against 98% of the players, but when it comes to Nadal it all changes. But a feeling tells me Rog will not give up that easily next time, and neither do we- have some patience. Are you seriously telling me that Fed can't reach 14????!!!! Sampras took so long to reach 14 and Fed has nearly done that in half his time. I can see our Rog taking both Wimby and USO this year- then mission would be accomplished. Champions are known for their incredible comebacks and their ability to silence critics with a bang. Just try to avoid that useless GM which is full of losers thinking they know it all. Seriously that place is full of rubbish.

Have some faith, stop looking backwards and just remember why you love this guy in the first place. Critics and armchair losers can talk all they want, but for me its a privilege to be his fan not because of just all that he has accomplished, but also because there is no one like him, and I mean no one. I think Rogi deserves more respect from tennis fans, let alone his own Fedfans.
If I could rep you I would, this is a fantastic post
Old 02-06-2009, 09:58 AM   #5
country flag dootsiez

dootsiez has a reputation beyond reputedootsiez has a reputation beyond reputedootsiez has a reputation beyond reputedootsiez has a reputation beyond reputedootsiez has a reputation beyond reputedootsiez has a reputation beyond reputedootsiez has a reputation beyond reputedootsiez has a reputation beyond reputedootsiez has a reputation beyond reputedootsiez has a reputation beyond reputedootsiez has a reputation beyond repute

^ words of wisdom. Talk about overreaction. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, that's tennis. We've put Fed on such a pedestal that losing is not even an option. Roger Federer wins, and falling short of that, he's gone, done and dusted. Don't feel sad. Take a break from tennis. Or follow the WTA, lol and with some hindsight, you'll find this is not that big a deal.
dootsiez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:35 AM   #6
country flag Herdwick

Herdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond repute

Roger will be back for #14. As he's approaching 28 it's perhaps unreasonable to expect him to have quite the focus and consistency of a couple of years ago but he is a fantastic champion and without question the best player I have ever seen. The tennis world has been spoilt for the past few years precisely because he has raised the bar so high.

(And am not intending to put him in Fed's class but, whatever your view of Djokovic, over in Nole-land we really do have problems)
Herdwick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:40 AM   #7
country flag biological

biological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond repute

I think you should head into the fangirl/boy thread to cheer yourself up OP
Old 02-06-2009, 10:48 AM   #8
country flag Obey.my.dreamz

Obey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond repute

I was about to write smtn , but after seeing 'infinityfed''s post, I think all is said.! case closed!
cheers

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3330/...fb6fcba8_m.jpg
Obey.my.dreamz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:36 AM   #9
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute

It always amazes me when fans are pissed at Roger because he doesn't live up to their expectations. Roger owes me zip, zero, nadda. I feel bad for him when he's so close to the record books and Nadal (or whomever) snatches it away from him. I hope he can find the confidence he needs to achieve those records. There are a lot of things I wish and hope for, but never am I angry with him or disappointed IN him. I'm more disappointed FOR him.

Boris Becker once said re: loosing (and I'm paraphrasing): it's only a tennis match. Nobody died. I remind myself that whenever Roger looses a match.

Thank you Nick for taking out the trash at Wimbledon!
nobama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:05 PM   #10
country flag t0x

t0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond repute

Wimby and the AO were painfull loses... I admit. But Roger still has a great shot at winning slams
Federer Express Passenger #163

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~
un pour tous, tous pour un

Others: Safin - Tursunov - Gonzalez - Berdych - Ancic - Johansson - Youzhny - Cilic - Henman - Karlovic - Mahut
t0x is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:51 PM   #11
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

I am proud with Roger too~
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 05:11 PM   #12
country flag lunahielo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

lunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
It always amazes me when fans are pissed at Roger because he doesn't live up to their expectations. Roger owes me zip, zero, nadda. I feel bad for him when he's so close to the record books and Nadal (or whomever) snatches it away from him. I hope he can find the confidence he needs to achieve those records. There are a lot of things I wish and hope for, but never am I angry with him or disappointed IN him. I'm more disappointed FOR him.

Boris Becker once said re: loosing (and I'm paraphrasing): it's only a tennis match. Nobody died. I remind myself that whenever Roger looses a match.
Excellent post, IMO.........I know when I get upset at his losses, it's because I am disappointed FOR him, too..not in him!!!

I hope everyone has a nice weekend!!!
Luna

Seat #19 on the Federer Express
lunahielo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 02:09 PM   #13
country flag Eden
Proud to be your fan

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool bird1 View Post
I dont know what to say to defend him anymore. This is going to sound so stupid and everyone will most probley jump on me here but I feel so disapointed in him and for some reason that wont go away. After the wimbledon final I was so upset it brought me down for days but I was so proud of Roger and to be a Federer Fan.

But after watching him lose to Murry where he just tanked the last two sets and then the AO final where mental he just disapeared.

To be honest I feel like I will never see roger play for a Grandslam ever agin that his chance is gone. He will never win the french, He can't beat Nadal or Murry. To be honest sometimes I feel like Im watching Roger Federer post 2003 wimledon but time is not on his side
It's understandable to be disappointed about a loss, but in the end it's only a game. There are far more important things in life.

Roger's biggest mistake has been that he has spoiled the sportsworld and us with his victories. The expectations in him are so incredible and it's amazing how soon even some of his fans are writing him off when he doesn't win on a regular basis which has been the case in the past.

I don't know how long you are following tennis, but just have a look at the results of former players and compare them with the ones of Roger.

Fans of probably 99% of the players on the tour right now would love to have the problems as us Roger fans are having at the moment.

It's early in the season and a lot can happen during a tournament. Be happy that Roger is physically fine - that's the most important thing for an athlete.

Roger is the one who is out on the court and it's easy for us to say what he did right or wrong. Don't you think he knows best himself how to analyze a match?

He always found a way to come back after disappointing results.

Try to enjoy his matches for the beauty of the game and don't expect similiar results as during his dominant time. Be glad that you are still able to see him play and just have a look at the reaction of the audience at his matches: They truly appreciate his achievements during the last year's and what he has given to tennis. This support must be an incredible feeling for Roger.
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 02:28 PM   #14
country flag Lleyton_

Lleyton_ has a reputation beyond reputeLleyton_ has a reputation beyond reputeLleyton_ has a reputation beyond reputeLleyton_ has a reputation beyond reputeLleyton_ has a reputation beyond reputeLleyton_ has a reputation beyond reputeLleyton_ has a reputation beyond reputeLleyton_ has a reputation beyond reputeLleyton_ has a reputation beyond reputeLleyton_ has a reputation beyond reputeLleyton_ has a reputation beyond repute

You might as well get lost.
Lleyton_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 02:48 PM   #15
country flag Obey.my.dreamz

Obey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post

Try to enjoy his matches for the beauty of the game and don't expect similiar results as during his dominant time. Be glad that you are still able to see him play and just have a look at the reaction of the audience at his matches: They truly appreciate his achievements during the last year's and what he has given to tennis. This support must be an incredible feeling for Roger.
priceless;

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3330/...fb6fcba8_m.jpg
Obey.my.dreamz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote