Should Roger skip clay this year? - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-06-2009, 07:42 PM   #31
country flag juninhOH

juninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should Roger skip clay this year?

Every player has pains. It's not like Roger is the only one. He can win titles despite his back. He has not been losing because of his back.
juninhOH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2009, 11:12 PM   #32
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by juninhOH View Post
Every player has pains. It's not like Roger is the only one. He can win titles despite his back. He has not been losing because of his back.
And how would you know that?

Thank you Nick for taking out the trash at Wimbledon!
nobama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:17 PM   #33
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
And how would you know that?
If you believe René Stauffer in his biography of Roger, his back has been troubleing him on-and-off during his entire career. It's not something that has only been there since November 2007...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:19 AM   #34
country flag tennisfan444

tennisfan444 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan444 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan444 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan444 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan444 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan444 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan444 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan444 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan444 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan444 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan444 has a reputation beyond repute

Its only my op, but if he skipped the entire clay season RG and went on to win Wimby and the Open, the press and many in the tennis world would still be all over him for it. They would call him a quitter on clay, say his record is tainted blah blah blah. While I don't like his chances, if he comes through with a win at RG, its going to be huge. Alot of people will lay off and give the man as much credit as his fans know he deserves. If I had to choose only one slam for him to win this year, its RG. Win RG, lose Wimby and the Open its still a great year.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:29 AM   #35
country flag rofe

rofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfan444 View Post
Its only my op, but if he skipped the entire clay season RG and went on to win Wimby and the Open, the press and many in the tennis world would still be all over him for it. They would call him a quitter on clay, say his record is tainted blah blah blah. While I don't like his chances, if he comes through with a win at RG, its going to be huge. Alot of people will lay off and give the man as much credit as his fans know he deserves. If I had to choose only one slam for him to win this year, its RG. Win RG, lose Wimby and the Open its still a great year.
That guy in your avatar needs to come to 2009.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:21 AM   #36
country flag wackykid

wackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by timafi View Post
unlike Roddick and his countrymen,Roger has been the 2nd best clay court player behind Nadal,for years now.He has the results to back him up.Why should he skip it?
agree... and he might do even better in clay compare to hard courts this year... where he seems to be finding problem defeating murray... djoko... and nadal... but on clay murray and djoko have not shown to be able to play on that surface... so clay is the best bet for federer to at least stay on at no.2....

regards,
wacky
wackykid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:27 AM   #37
country flag FedFan_2007

FedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond repute

The upshot on clay is that you can't many winners on this surface anyways, so Fed can focus on just hitting solid groundstrokes.
FedFan_2007 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 04:25 PM   #38
country flag Daniel

Daniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond repute

No, Roger shouldnt skip the clay season. He got a chance to win RG beating the pig in the final..

~~~Roger Federer (16 GS): Wimbledon 2003, AO 2004, Wimbledon 2004, US Open 2004, Wimbledon 2005, US Open 2005, AO 2006, Wimbledon 2006, US Open 2006, AO 2007, Wimbledon 2007, US Open 2007, US Open 2008, Roland Garros 2009, Wimbledon 2009, AO 2010 ~~~

Daniel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:42 PM   #39
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dream View Post
If you believe René Stauffer in his biography of Roger, his back has been troubleing him on-and-off during his entire career. It's not something that has only been there since November 2007...
I didn't say that. But I don't know how people on the sidelines can make blanket statements like that. We can all have our theories, but none of us know for sure why he's in the slump he is right now.

Thank you Nick for taking out the trash at Wimbledon!
nobama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 06:33 PM   #40
country flag FedFan_2007

FedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Mellow - you of little faith.
FedFan_2007 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:05 PM   #41
country flag juninhOH

juninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond repute

Well I don't know, MY.

I just think he isn't losing because of his back. His game is still there. Just all out of a sudden it goes off and he loses.

DAMNNNNNN I can't believe I'll have to wait for almost a month to see him playing again. That's sad!
juninhOH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:09 PM   #42
country flag Rita

Rita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond repute

Well i'd rather see him mentally refreshed (hopefully )in one month than see him perform the kind of tennis he played last week

Rogelio no complain he good boy no?

Rita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:11 PM   #43
country flag timafi

timafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by juninhOH View Post
Well I don't know, MY.

I just think he isn't losing because of his back. His game is still there. Just all out of a sudden it goes off and he loses.

DAMNNNNNN I can't believe I'll have to wait for almost a month to see him playing again. That's sad!
I know but in the meantime let's hope that as soon as this week;he'll start working hard on his weaknesses.(even Roddick's 2 hander has improved compared to Roger's and it pains me to say that)
Roger's game is still very much there people;we've seen flashes of brilliance on his part
I'm just asking myself why he can't hook up with Cahill during the clay and grass court seasons in Europe and work with Cahill during the summer.I mean Cahill is always there so why not

Keep that minority "outreach" going GOP with African-American and Latinos and neither Rubio,Carson will save you in 2016

Conservative think tanker tells tea partiers: Being drawn and quartered ‘too good’ for Obama
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/07/2...ood-for-obama/
timafi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:28 PM   #44
country flag anon57

anon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't Cahill signed with Adidas now so that he's only allowed to coach players sponsored by Adidas, kind of the same deal as Sven Groenefeld. So I don't think it's possible for Roger and Cahill to work together, plus they couldn't come to an agreement about a coaching relationship before IW, I don't quite see how that would change now
anon57 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:12 AM   #45
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon57 View Post
Isn't Cahill signed with Adidas now so that he's only allowed to coach players sponsored by Adidas, kind of the same deal as Sven Groenefeld. So I don't think it's possible for Roger and Cahill to work together, plus they couldn't come to an agreement about a coaching relationship before IW, I don't quite see how that would change now
That's a very interesting take on the Cahill situation, Kim. I guess you are right - it was more than ' just' the traveling problems that hindered the coopertation. Believed so right from the start... threre's a lot of rubbish involved in such contracts - pay-off money, etc.
In any case, it is a sad situation indeed.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote